POST A REPLY

Oct 29, 2010, 11:40am   #16
**Blessed**
Originally Posted by Mrs H
The pain is minimal- bit of a sharp sting the first time you have it done, then much easier after that. Star1231, you do your own?! How do you learn to do it? I'm always impressed watching the salon lady doing it.

ILuvShopping, you could try an Internet search for threading in your area
I've been doing it for years so I just picked up on how it's done, it's actually really simple! Here's a youtube clip that might be helpful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5KvE...eature=related
Oct 29, 2010, 12:07pm   #17
30 pounds down!
I also prefer threading over waxing.
Oct 29, 2010, 1:20pm   #18
M
Thankyou Star1231, that video is great! I shall give it a try.

Threading does work on thick brows btw
Oct 29, 2010, 4:57pm   #19
Luvs Leather
I've been waxing my brows for years and recently tried threading. I hated threading! It felt like someone was relentlessly "popping" me with rubber bands! At least with waxing, the pain is short and swift, lol.
Oct 29, 2010, 7:42pm   #20
i.am.sweet.melissa
I prefer threading to waxing about a million times over! It is so much better (for me). My skin 'peels' easily when waxed, so the threading is just the best. I highly recommend it!!!

I was scared to try it, but I am so glad I did! I get my eyebrows and lip done and it is $18.00. I don't think that's bad at all- it takes a while, but I find it to be quite relaxing!
Oct 29, 2010, 7:47pm   #21
I gave up on waxing after my favorite person left the place I went to. I used Yelp to discover a new place and found a place known solely for threading. I went once and have gone ever since. I love the look. Yes, I still tear up during every visit, but well beauty is pain sometimes, lol.
Oct 30, 2010, 9:06am   #22
M
It's true it's not the most comfortable experience, once you get used to it it's ok!
Nov 2, 2010, 10:04am   #23
l
I want to try this, I hate my eyebrows at the moment.
Is it difficult for them to actually shape the brow a certain way? It looks kind of imprecise, though I know it isn't.
Nov 2, 2010, 12:40pm   #24
M
I know what you mean leeloo84, it looks quite random. But I've taken friends to the lady who does my threading, and we all come out with an individual shape that's just right. So there must be precision involved
Nov 2, 2010, 1:05pm   #25
C
Hi, does this make your eyebrows thin over time?
Nov 2, 2010, 1:18pm   #26
g
Originally Posted by ILuvShopping
i want to do this SO bad. but i have no idea of anywhere that does it in town.
except there's a stand in one of our malls lol
i go to the mall stands to get threaded

Originally Posted by sneezz
I get better results with threading, cleaner and painless after the first time.
agreed!

Originally Posted by NYCBelle
Love threading! I do brows and upper lip. so much better than waxing for your skin. over time waxing causes wrinkles ugh. they're all over the place in NYC.
i havent tried threading my upper lip yet.. does it hurt?
Nov 2, 2010, 4:07pm   #27
M
My eyebrows have not thinned out over time, but I know some women have had different experiences
Nov 2, 2010, 4:51pm   #28
Grammar Police!
I used to get mine threaded, but the PAIN is something else, especially towards the outer corners of the brows. I also get so red and swollen after it too... I like the results but the lady I went to really thinned out my eyebrows which made me look so much older, lol. Sticking to tweezing my own from now.
Nov 2, 2010, 5:09pm   #29
r
I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time in London and I really enjoyed the look. They looked thicker and had a great shape to them! I have big Indian eyebrows and the lady in London did a great job. But i haven't gotten them done in the states yet. I'm still looking for a place I can trust
Nov 2, 2010, 8:30pm   #30
I love threading and I used to do it exclusively because I heard waxing encourages wrinkles. Unfortunately I cannot find anybody good in Cambridge so I'm back to waxing. In California it is around $10 with tip and great
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar Rants & Raves