Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

proenza noob question- does the leather change with wear?

POST A REPLY

Jun 6, 2012, 12:56am   #1
yoning
I just received my first Proenza bag - It's a bright red medium PS1!

I fell in love with the bag when I saw it in person (though in a different color- military) What was really amazing was the quality of leather- It was sooo soft I was afraid I would scratch it too easily-

But the bag I received in the mail, the outside leather isn't that soft. I was wondering if this particular bag is just tougher (not sure if proenza leather varies a lot like bal leather) or it will become a lot softer with use-

Can you experts tell me if the leather will change over time? I did read it will but but not like a balenciaga bag. So I am just not sure-

Thanks
Jun 6, 2012, 1:13am   #2
Elliespurse
TPF Moderator
The leather is a little different depending on the color, I think they tries to get the best color and perhaps the leather has to be a little different to get the most out of it.

Conditioning could make the leather a bit softer though.

The bright red PS1 is gorgeous!!
Jun 6, 2012, 1:17am   #3
yoning
Originally Posted by Elliespurse
The leather is a little different depending on the color, I think they tries to get the best color and perhaps the leather has to be a little different to get the most out of it.

Conditioning could make the leather a bit softer though.

The bright red PS1 is gorgeous!!
I see >_< thank you!
Yeah I love the color! I was debating between nude, and military and then moved on to the red it doesn't make any sense lol

Since you mentioned it I have to think about conditioning it - pondering between blackrock and leather honey after reading the care thread- Which do you use?

I have apple garde so I am going to spray with apple garde first and think about conditioning
Jun 6, 2012, 1:43am   #4
Elliespurse
TPF Moderator
I'm using blackrock but probably because it's the only one I have at home, I think leather honey and apple garde would be great too. Try a small spot first and wait (some say 12 hours) to see if it looks ok.

I also used blackrock on my two Bal Work (sang and moutarde), they softened a lot after conditioning and the leather felt amazing..
Jun 26, 2012, 7:59pm   #5
Tina777
Hello! I have 4 Balenciaga bags and was thinking about adding a Proenza Schouler PS1 bag to my collection. I was wondering how well the bags hold up with usage-does the leather soften up a lot? Special care in the rain? Thank you!
Jun 27, 2012, 11:18am   #6
JetSetGo!
JGM ♥ PMG
Please check this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/proenza-s...ed-670105.html
Jun 28, 2012, 12:48am   #7
Tina777
Thank you- will check it out!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >