PurseForum

PurseForum (http://forum.purseblog.com/)
-   Trying To Conceive (TTC) (http://forum.purseblog.com/trying-to-conceive-ttc/)
-   -   Trying to Conceive (TTC) (http://forum.purseblog.com/trying-to-conceive-ttc/trying-to-conceive-ttc-156949.html)

tabbyco Jul 11, 2007 10:22am

Trying to Conceive (TTC)

Anybody trying? Need some company while waiting? Let's share in the excitement, the highs and the lows...
:dothewave:
DH and I are trying... got what I think is AW (Aunt Flow) this morning, or could it be break-through bleeding??? (Wishful hoping, I know).

envyme Jul 11, 2007 1:19pm

Re: Trying to Conceive (TTC)

^^^ Good luck to you! I hope you get a BFP!!

VT Pooh Jul 13, 2007 8:44pm

I am trying. I think I am getting my period tomorrow. I got a tiny bit bleeding today. :(

TammyD Jul 16, 2007 7:26am

When I was trying to conceive, I saw a traditional chinese medicine practitioner weekly for herbs and acupuncture. And I conceived very quickly, in only 3 months. I've heard that acupunture helps a lot.

tabbyco Jul 16, 2007 8:39am

^^Hmm... something to consider.

I'm using the OPK and I think I get the big "o" this week. Hopefully around my birthday. Wouldn't that be fun to get pregnant on my birthday :p.

VT Pooh Jul 16, 2007 9:52am

Tabbyco,
How long you have been trying??

We have been tried for 4 months. We agree to try harder this month. I just got my period yesterday. :(

VT Pooh

DlkinVegas Jul 16, 2007 10:04am

Good luck to all of you who are TTC. Just thought I'd throw this book out there Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It's an excellent read.

holly di Jul 16, 2007 11:04am

Me and DH have been trying for a while now I am getting ready for my first round of clomid this week.

TravelBug Jul 16, 2007 11:49am

Best of luck! From personal experience, I know it's a cliche, but enjoy the process! :graucho: If you are young and healthy, give it 6-12 months.

If you want more control over the process, OPKs are good tools although the costs can quickly add up if you are buying them from the stores. I used some Internet cheapies and found them to be as easy to use, but much cheaper. If you are interested, PM me and I will send you a website. Charting is another option but it was not easy for me.

I understand and can relate to all the ups and downs! Feel free to PM with questions.

Sanguar Jul 16, 2007 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabbyco (Post 3338781)
^^Hmm... something to consider.

I'm using the OPK and I think I get the big "o" this week. Hopefully around my birthday. Wouldn't that be fun to get pregnant on my birthday :p.

Hey, I just realized something from your posts on some other threads. Not to be too personal here (but it's kind of the forum norm ;)) but are you and DH um, trying, before you O? Once you test positive it may be too late. The best time (I've read) is the 36 hours BEFORE you O.

TravelBug Jul 16, 2007 12:59pm

^ Actually it depends on the OPK. Some detect the surge (LH is the hormone) that triggers ovulation 12-24 hours later some have a different range. In other words, when you have a positive reading that means your LH is starting to surge and you have not ovulated just yet. And it depends on the timing of the test too so OPKs can be tricky. Charting is not very reliable as once you see the temperature hike it might be too late. The ovulation itself makes your basal temperature go up. Ok .. sorry to throw all these jargons on ya!

It's best to figure out your cycle, confirm pending ovulation with OPKs, and just have fun! :tup:

Sanguar Jul 16, 2007 1:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelBug (Post 3341218)
^ Actually it depends on the OPK. Some detect the surge (LH is the hormone) that triggers ovulation 12-24 hours later some have a different range. In other words, when you have a positive reading that means your LH is starting to surge and you have not ovulated just yet. And it depends on the timing of the test too so OPKs can be tricky. Charting is not very reliable as once you see the temperature hike it might be too late. The ovulation itself makes your basal temperature go up. Ok .. sorry to throw all these jargons on ya!

It's best to figure out your cycle, confirm pending ovulation with OPKs, and just have fun! :tup:

Or just have sex every 36-48 hours :wlae: LMAO

ETA: the kind I had where from babywishes.org. Just read the directions carefully!! If the test line on mine was darker than the control line, I was to ovulate in the next few hours. I could get positives (faint) up to two days in advance.

tabbyco Jul 16, 2007 1:56pm

The OPK totally confuse me! DH and I haven't been trying, but haven't been preventing for a couple of months, if you know what I mean :graucho:. Last month we started "trying". :sweatdrop:

I used the OPK's last month and we BD the night before I got a surge and thought for sure I was going to get lucky on the first try, but got my period last week. So now, I am pulling out all the stops, sex everyother day for the next week and a half :upsidedown:.

This is such a fun time in our lives, my DH and I have been together for 10 years, married for 3 and I feel like the timing is finally right and we are BOTH ready at the same time. I have to say, I am blessed with the most amazing families (DH's too) that our kids will be so loved!
So...here we go....:dothewave:

Sanguar Jul 16, 2007 2:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabbyco (Post 3341735)
The OPK totally confuse me! DH and I haven't been trying, but haven't been preventing for a couple of months, if you know what I mean :graucho:. Last month we started "trying". :sweatdrop:

I used the OPK's last month and we BD the night before I got a surge and thought for sure I was going to get lucky on the first try, but got my period last week. So now, I am pulling out all the stops, sex everyother day for the next week and a half :upsidedown:.

This is such a fun time in our lives, my DH and I have been together for 10 years, married for 3 and I feel like the timing is finally right and we are BOTH ready at the same time. I have to say, I am blessed with the most amazing families (DH's too) that our kids will be so loved!
So...here we go....:dothewave:

I like the little 'wave' guys!!! :roflmfao:

ZoeyZoo Jul 16, 2007 3:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DlkinVegas (Post 3339439)
Good luck to all of you who are TTC. Just thought I'd throw this book out there Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It's an excellent read.

I swear by this book too... even if you're not TTC. A lot of good information about how the body works, what's normal, etc. The charting technique is useful too so I know when I'm Oing without an OPK.