Jan 10, 2012, 7:43am   #16
glistenpearls
Ex-Sydneysider
Originally Posted by crazybagfan
Your twin is super cute!
Thanks!!
Jan 10, 2012, 8:22am   #17
everything posh
I also loved being pregnant! It was a great time for me and even though there were some discomforts, for the most part I felt great! You really have to ask yourself if you are prepared for the baby once he/she is born!! Pregnancy is only a very short amount of time!!
Jan 10, 2012, 10:15am   #18
v
vhdos
I totally agreed. So i'm so debating with myself, shall i get another baby again just simply because i miss the time of being pregnant! But can i handle it again? :)
You should absolutely NOT have a baby because you miss being pregnant. A pregnancy is temporary, but a baby/child is forever. You make a decision about whether or not to have a baby based on whether or not you want another child. I know it's not an easy choice. Think about your family and what you want out of it. For me, I was happy with two children and I had a boy and a girl. My family felt complete, even though I missed being pregnant. I also felt that my family life was pretty crazy at times (my two children were born only 15 1/2 months apart, so it was a LOT of work) and I felt that adding another baby would only add to the craziness, which felt unfair to everyone involved.
Jan 10, 2012, 1:39pm   #19
LVShoeFan2
Mrs. Clay Matthews
I know, a lot of people always complained about how suffered they were during pregnancy, like morning sickness for the first few months, the backache and etc. Some ppl also have phobia for the labour process, how painful it was and etc. Also, some scared of taking care of new born baby, how many sleepless night they had. I had all the problem mentioned, however i still miss the time, and always think of having a baby again. Fyi, i already have 2 healthy sons and i'm not young. But in my mind, i still always feel that i want another baby, because i miss the time of being pregnant, i like to feel a baby is kicking inside me. I like to smell baby. I always envy my friends when they are pregnant. I miss all my times. Am i crazy?
You are not crazy. I'm the same way. I just had my fourth (!) and I am having a hard time realizing I'll never be pregnant again; never feel baby's movements; never feel the rush & nervousness of labor & delivery, etc. I am savoring every moment with DD#4 but I absolutely understand how you feel.
Jan 10, 2012, 9:13pm   #20
c
crazybagfan
Originally Posted by LVShoeFan2
You are not crazy. I'm the same way. I just had my fourth (!) and I am having a hard time realizing I'll never be pregnant again; never feel baby's movements; never feel the rush & nervousness of labor & delivery, etc. I am savoring every moment with DD#4 but I absolutely understand how you feel.
Ya, i'm with you. Sometimes i feel sad when i feel that i might not get pregnant again But i can't picture myself of having 4 kids though, maximum for me is 3 kids, and i'm still debating about it.
Jan 10, 2012, 9:15pm   #21
c
crazybagfan
Originally Posted by vhdos
You should absolutely NOT have a baby because you miss being pregnant. A pregnancy is temporary, but a baby/child is forever. You make a decision about whether or not to have a baby based on whether or not you want another child. I know it's not an easy choice. Think about your family and what you want out of it. For me, I was happy with two children and I had a boy and a girl. My family felt complete, even though I missed being pregnant. I also felt that my family life was pretty crazy at times (my two children were born only 15 1/2 months apart, so it was a LOT of work) and I felt that adding another baby would only add to the craziness, which felt unfair to everyone involved.
Thanks for your advice. I'm having 2 boys now, i don't know whether if i have a boy and a gal, would like still wanna try no 3 or not Anyway, if i really try for no 3 now, i'm really fine for either having a boy again or a gal as a bonus to me
Jan 11, 2012, 7:31am   #22
l
lacoccinelle
My first pregnancy was super easy, I would do it over again. My newborn was hell on earth (started sleeping through the night at 19 months, on most nights, colic/reflux etc).

My second pregnancy was horrible, bed rest (with a toddler), constant bleeding for months and then lost it. So much stress (physically I felt okay but the stress of not knowing if it would survive was awful, and then when she died, it was hard to tell people).

All pregnancies and babies are different. It's OKAY to love being pregnant or have a newborn. I hate newborns (sorry, haha) but loved being pregnant with a healthy baby. But I wouldn't do it again for just a pregnancy/newborn, that time is so brief. If you love newborns, maybe consider being a temporary foster parent? My friend is infertile but does this because she loves babies so much. She cares for infants seized by the state. Emotionally difficult but a noble thing for someone who loves babies. Those babies don't get much love to begin with so they need it.
Jan 11, 2012, 11:57am   #23
c
cbrooke
^WOW that must be so hard! What a special person she must be!!!

I am at 18 weeks (+ a couple of days) and think that I am just starting to enjoy being pregnant. Right now I love my cute little belly and I have so far had a relatively easy pregnancy and can not wait for my next ultrasound! That said ask me again in a couple of months and I am sure that my opinion will have changed and I will likely be miserable lol! And at this point I am definetely only planning on having one and don't think I will change my mind or want to do it all over again.
Jan 11, 2012, 1:53pm   #24
g
guccimamma
guccimamma
i miss walking around not sucking in my stomach
Jan 12, 2012, 5:11am   #25
CocoMeow
My pregnancy was so awful.. I certainly dont miss it at all but the 2nd time around, I think I will try to enjoy it a lot more.
Jan 12, 2012, 10:22am   #26
L
Loco for Coco
Among Others!
Originally Posted by guccimamma
i miss walking around not sucking in my stomach
Definitely one of the benefits of being pregnant!!

Though I suffered from morning (all-day) sickness for the first trimester and had some nasty pains toward the end, I'm definitely looking forward to being pregnant again. I love having my son here now, but I really enjoyed the experience and excitement. That being said, my son is only six months old...I don't know that my response would be the same if he older. I want to have my children close together in age because if I know myself and my husband, once we move onto the next stage, there's no turning back!
Jan 12, 2012, 2:07pm   #27
Chantilly0379
Cajun Mama
Well I def loved being pregnant & missed it but thats all over b/c I'm due w baby #2
Jan 14, 2012, 12:50am   #28
soda-pop
Congratulations Chantilly0379!

My little baby is 3 weeks old and I love her so much!! I loved being pregnant, but my newborn is so much better!!!

Hubby and I want to have another baby in about three years.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:30am   #29
lara0112
i loved being pregnant the first time and wanted to do it right away again. second time was ok but I was happy having had the experience. now I am pregnant to have the child if you know what I mean, although I find that I am enjoying it again being pregnant. as everyone else said, it is about the child at the end of the day.
Feb 5, 2012, 7:55pm   #30
Bornsocialite26
Hitting the H-ighway
It's such a magical experience....specially seeing her during ultra sounds...but this pregnancy is a bit traumatic for me....totally diff than when I had my first child...I told my husband that I can no longer endure another pregnancy...he is sad but he will just have to understand, he knows very well how fragile I am...I got hospitalized and I get sick very often...I mean It's totally unfair to the baby to suffer having an unhealthy mother like me, Im amazed for those who miss their pregnancy, I salute you ladies.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >