Home Body - Mind - Wellness Pregnancy & Parenting

Why do women choose to give birth via c-section?

POST A REPLY

Aug 14, 2012, 1:24am   #136
C
Originally Posted by loogirl
Her point was babies are not normally head down in the second tri..so they shouldn't have even been mentioning c-sections lol. you won't need a c-section because the baby will go head down later. like normal. so why are you even thinking you "might" need one. WAY too early to even be thinking about might need. lol
My post "IF" the baby doesn't turn. No decision has been made and no one is making any yet. I was merely churning in the conversation on C-section. No need to be overly sensitive.
Aug 14, 2012, 5:09am   #137
p
Account Deactivated
Um vagina size was being discussed as it was mentioned that some ladies that choose to have elective c-sections do so because that they want their vaginas to stay as 'intact' and tight as possible and fear that vaginal birth will change all that. There isn't a saying 'designer vaginas' for nothing, women are now paying big bucks to get their ladybits looking just how they want them to. So who is 'bragging' ???
Aug 14, 2012, 10:57pm   #138
Loves the Lindy!
Originally Posted by No Cute
I'm so sorry you went through that the first time. I was traumatized that the ob, "don't panic if we have to run to the OR with you" (great bedside manner, eh?) She actually said it like that. Thankfully, ds1's ph test came back okay, but his heart went low. Cannot imagine how emotional it would be to be run down to OR. I'm so sorry. Emotional state makes sense.

That's what I thought about baby and lungs. Thanks for the link.

BTW: What are the bags in your avatar? They are really beautiful.
It's amazing what they'll say. After DS was out, the doctor kept shouting at the nurses/other docs, "How long till we got that baby out? How long was it? Was it more than two minutes?" I was like, "Dude, I can hear you and you are freaking me out." And he told DH, who was stuck waiting outside the OR and freaking that there were all these "Stat" pages going on, "Don't worry; Kimber's a fighter." DH was having a heart attack, since that made him worry something was wrong with me too. When I got pregnant with #2, DH refused to go back to the same OB.

Thank you for the compliments on the bags -- It's a bag called the Lindy by Hermes. Fantastic mommy bag since it has outside pockets and can be shoulder, arm, or hand carry.

-----

And I totally agree that women should support each other regardless of how we give birth. This whole thing is like focusing on the wedding rather than the marriage; it's just a means to an end, and not at all the part that should be important. Thank goodness options are available.
Aug 15, 2012, 9:21am   #139
cupcake butt
Originally Posted by kimberf
It's amazing what they'll say. After DS was out, the doctor kept shouting at the nurses/other docs, "How long till we got that baby out? How long was it? Was it more than two minutes?" I was like, "Dude, I can hear you and you are freaking me out." And he told DH, who was stuck waiting outside the OR and freaking that there were all these "Stat" pages going on, "Don't worry; Kimber's a fighter." DH was having a heart attack, since that made him worry something was wrong with me too. When I got pregnant with #2, DH refused to go back to the same OB.

Thank you for the compliments on the bags -- It's a bag called the Lindy by Hermes. Fantastic mommy bag since it has outside pockets and can be shoulder, arm, or hand carry.

-----

And I totally agree that women should support each other regardless of how we give birth. This whole thing is like focusing on the wedding rather than the marriage; it's just a means to an end, and not at all the part that should be important. Thank goodness options are available.
Unreal doc was like that. Ya, I had a new doc, too

Agreed. Safe, breathing baby!
Aug 19, 2012, 10:37pm   #140
j
Originally Posted by platinum_girly
Um vagina size was being discussed as it was mentioned that some ladies that choose to have elective c-sections do so because that they want their vaginas to stay as 'intact' and tight as possible and fear that vaginal birth will change all that. There isn't a saying 'designer vaginas' for nothing, women are now paying big bucks to get their ladybits looking just how they want them to. So who is 'bragging' ???
Right. I didn't find it inappropriate at all. Many women believe that having a natural delivery will alter the elasticity of ones vagina which can influence a woman's decision regarding having a natural or caesarean delivery. It's cool to hear other ladies experiences on the matter and it is totally relevant to the topic. I also didn't see where anyone was bragging. Stating the facts doesn't equal bragging.

But whatever.
Sep 7, 2012, 5:24pm   #141
I had a c-section.. I think recovery, both physically and emotionally afterwards was really tough! Way tougher than I'd imagine. It was elective, but only based on my decision (and the doctor's afterwards) that the baby would probably be too big, and he ended up being really huge. But I'm super tiny and my husband is ginormous, lol.

Towards the end when the doctor would do cervical checks every week, I felt like I was going to die. Anyone else experience crazy vaginal pain? I even abstained from sex almost the whole last trimester because it was so terrible :/ Can't imagine giving vaginal birth, eek.
Sep 21, 2012, 3:58pm   #142
just my penny's worth..I had three girls vaginally one with no and I mean no pain relief.. On my fourth baby at 39 weeks he turned from head down to head up..!!!so next day I had a c section.... Wow ..it was soooooo easy no pain .. I can see why people would choose c section ..! But Im lucky that I can say I have had both..The easier option is the c section without a doubt...
Sep 21, 2012, 11:41pm   #143
SO interesting! My c-section was complication-free but was so much harder to bounce back from than vaginal. I would never choose one.
Sep 22, 2012, 9:43am   #144
v
Originally Posted by birkin girl
just my penny's worth..I had three girls vaginally one with no and I mean no pain relief.. On my fourth baby at 39 weeks he turned from head down to head up..!!!so next day I had a c section.... Wow ..it was soooooo easy no pain .. I can see why people would choose c section ..! But Im lucky that I can say I have had both..The easier option is the c section without a doubt...
The easier option for you was a c-section, but that's not the case for everyone (as you can see just by reading through this thread). In my own experience, I had two vaginal deliveries and my sister had two c-sections. She had a WAY harder time than I did and it took her several weeks to fully recover from her first c-section. Ease of delivery & recovery is influenced by any number of factors, so what's easier of harder for one woman, may not be for another.
Sep 22, 2012, 11:28am   #145
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
SO interesting! My c-section was complication-free but was so much harder to bounce back from than vaginal. I would never choose one.
Same here.

I still have twinges in my back where the epidural was done and its now 10 weeks later.
Sep 22, 2012, 11:42am   #146
Originally Posted by StylishFarmer

Same here.

I still have twinges in my back where the epidural was done and its now 10 weeks later.
I didn't have a C but I did have an epidural and even now with Vincent about 5 months old I can still feel a twinge where it was. It's not painful but just an awareness if that makes sense.
Sep 22, 2012, 2:08pm   #147
Your baby is presh!!!!!
Sep 22, 2012, 8:49pm   #148
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
Your baby is presh!!!!!
Thank you
Sep 22, 2012, 9:25pm   #149
FWIW, my experience was similar to birkin girl's. I had two children vaginally and my third via c-section. Had I known at the start the difference, I would have wanted a c-section for all three. My section was much easier and much easier to recover from (for me) than my vaginal births. I know that is not the case for everyone, but it most definitely was for me.
Sep 22, 2012, 11:14pm   #150
i feel fortunate that my back doesnt hurt where i got the epidural... i guess thats because i had the worst back pain through my entire pregnancy so its a reward... lol.

recovery is definitely longer with a CS (i dont have experience with a vaginal birth to compare it to) but i dont think i will attempt a VBAC for another child if given an option. i have a really weird notion (and i know it sounds stupid) that i dont want both my tummy and down there changed up for childbirth. however its way to early to even think of another child!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Pregnancy & Parenting