Home Body - Mind - Wellness Pregnancy & Parenting

~~* October/November 2011 Moms *~~

POST A REPLY

Feb 23, 2011, 2:22pm   #1
I'm pretty sure there are a couple more of you out there . I just passed 6 weeks and still feeling pretty nervous. Ultrasound on Monday, and hopefully will see a heartbeat. Who else is due in October and how are you doing?
Feb 23, 2011, 5:19pm   #2
I'm due in August, but just wanted to say Congrats to you!!!!!
Feb 23, 2011, 8:26pm   #3
Thanks! Congrats to you, too!
Feb 23, 2011, 8:48pm   #4
I just wanted to say hello too, since I'm an October baby myself, but my little one is due in May. I'm going to be sending good vibes your way!!
Feb 24, 2011, 10:21am   #5
Thank you, LeeMiller. You are in DC too, aren't you?
Feb 24, 2011, 10:50am   #6
Congratulations!!!!! Nice to see you on this side of the forum!
Feb 24, 2011, 7:36pm   #7
Doting on DS & DD
Lit - Thanks for starting a thread! When in Oct are you due? I am Oct. 1 so we might have a September baby instead :)
Feb 24, 2011, 9:03pm   #8
I just found out I am pregnant today through a test at home...haven't been to the doctor's yet but I've done 3 test and they all come out positive..it's my first baby and according to the due date (as researched online) the baby should come early november...so I am a november mom but there's no thread for those yet as I am guessing most november moms are just finding out I am scared but thrilled!!
Feb 24, 2011, 9:32pm   #9
A Baby Bags & a Bike
Congratulations on your pregnancy ladies!!!

I'll be a September Mum, I'm due with my second on 10/20 and only found out just over a week ago I should probably start a september thread instead of posting on both the August and October ones but I just wanted to congratulate you all!!!!
Feb 25, 2011, 8:33am   #10
Originally Posted by BurberryLvr
Lit - Thanks for starting a thread! When in Oct are you due? I am Oct. 1 so we might have a September baby instead :)
Hooray, someone to join me! Based on my IUI date, it will be October 18, so October looks pretty likely to me :). I have another ultrasound on Monday and will feel a little more confident about this whole thing if it goes well.
Feb 25, 2011, 8:34am   #11
Thanks, Jenniletv, and congrats to BrasilianBabe and Butterfly! I'm happy to make this a September and October thread -- all are welcome!
Feb 25, 2011, 2:45pm   #12
Doting on DS & DD
Congratulations BrasilianBabe and Butterfly on your pregnancies!

Lit - Did you see the thread about knowing the baby's gender during the 1st ultrasound? 97.2 percent of boys had their placenta on the right side of the uterus at that 6 week ultrasound, and 97.5 percent of girls had theirs on the left. I have no idea what the placenta looks like on the U/S but if you're going in for one, you should ask!

I had the weirdest lunch with my coworkers today. We were talking about pregnancies and my male coworker casually mentioned that when his wife was pregnant, she would punch her stomach every time the baby kicked her. I was positively horrified but no one else at the table was. I realize there's quite a bit of padding in between the baby and the outside world but that action just seems...um, psychotic. Am I overreacting?
Feb 25, 2011, 4:44pm   #13
Originally Posted by BurberryLvr
Congratulations BrasilianBabe and Butterfly on your pregnancies!

Lit - Did you see the thread about knowing the baby's gender during the 1st ultrasound? 97.2 percent of boys had their placenta on the right side of the uterus at that 6 week ultrasound, and 97.5 percent of girls had theirs on the left. I have no idea what the placenta looks like on the U/S but if you're going in for one, you should ask!

I had the weirdest lunch with my coworkers today. We were talking about pregnancies and my male coworker casually mentioned that when his wife was pregnant, she would punch her stomach every time the baby kicked her. I was positively horrified but no one else at the table was. I realize there's quite a bit of padding in between the baby and the outside world but that action just seems...um, psychotic. Am I overreacting?
Yes, I did see the placenta thread, and I have to say I am pretty skeptical. I guess it's possible, but I don't really know why, scientifically, it would be so, and they don't actually cite who did the study. But I'm a skeptic at heart. I had my 6 week ultrasound and I don't even know if the placenta was visible then. I have another on Monday, so maybe I will ask him where the placenta is then and see what he says.

And yes, I agree with you that punching the baby is psychotic. Hopefully she really meant she poked it or something? Punching sounds really violent and unnecessary.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:39pm   #14
Doting on DS & DD
Originally Posted by Litigatrix
Yes, I did see the placenta thread, and I have to say I am pretty skeptical. I guess it's possible, but I don't really know why, scientifically, it would be so, and they don't actually cite who did the study. But I'm a skeptic at heart. I had my 6 week ultrasound and I don't even know if the placenta was visible then. I have another on Monday, so maybe I will ask him where the placenta is then and see what he says.

And yes, I agree with you that punching the baby is psychotic. Hopefully she really meant she poked it or something? Punching sounds really violent and unnecessary.
I hope she really did just poke it and her husband exaggerated things by saying "punch".

Hope your ultrasound went well! And excited to hear about the placenta - it's fun to speculate even though it may not be valid.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:46pm   #15
The ultrasound was good. I posted in the other thread, but we saw the heartbeat :) which was really exciting. I was chicken and didn't ask him where the placenta was :P

How're you doing?
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Pregnancy & Parenting