POST A REPLY

Mar 13, 2013, 12:11am   #1
j
My 2 and a half yr old loves lying on top of me and sitting on top of me. IF I was trying to get pregnant, would his crushing weight on my lower abdomen area/pelvic area where the Fallopian tubes are affect it? I've been getting cramps in the left pelvic area for more than a week and I'm worried that the pressure he puts on top of me could prevent the egg from traveling down to the uterus or have a bad effect to it. I'm not sure if I'm Preggie or not. Sometimes my cycles are 25days, sometimes 35days, etc. just not regular. I do know that I don't usually experience this kind of cramping. Pls help if you know something as I can't find anything on it and I'm really worried. Thanks!
Mar 13, 2013, 3:11am   #2
A two year old child is not something I would call a crushing weight.

As long as he's not jumping up and down on you with his feet you should be fine. I'm sure some people's jeans cause more pressure on that region than your child does
Mar 13, 2013, 10:47am   #3
Our bodies are built to withstand a LOT and still maintain a pregnancy. A 2 year old playing with mommy wouldn't have the power to affect it one way or another, I'd imagine.

Best baby wishes!!!
Mar 13, 2013, 12:35pm   #4
Lovin' Life!
No, I don't think so. Your internal organs are protected via bones and fluids. A major forceful blow, like a car crash may impact your internal organs, but not a 2 year old jumping up and down.
Mar 14, 2013, 12:06am   #5
j
Ok, I feel a little better. Thanks ladies!

Now, I have another concern. Since he often lies on top of me (to sleep sometimes) and puts lots of pressure on top of pelvic area and uterus area, will it "block" or "slow down" the fertilized egg from traveling down to the uterus? Sorry if this sounds silly. I'm just getting worried as I'm not sure why I still have pain/cramping just on one side when the last time we BD'd was more than 2 wks ago. I had cm that time so it was my guess that I was ovulating. I don't notice it now. And since my cycle is irregular, I really have no clue when AF will arrive.
Mar 14, 2013, 12:10am   #6
love shopping!!!
No it can't block anything.
Mar 14, 2013, 5:08am   #7
LF My Next Chanel!!!
I don't think so - wouldn't worry about it!!! :)
Mar 14, 2013, 7:49am   #8
No. The cramping could be due to anything, including an ectopic pregancy, but that is for your OB/GYN to determine. Either way, your 2 year old has or had nothing to do with anything (getting pregnant, not getting pregnant, etc.).
Mar 14, 2013, 1:01pm   #9
where's my bag?!
You might try to start weaning your toddler off your tummy soon -- if you do in fact become pregnant, I imagine it will be difficult for a 2-3 yr old to understand you cannot have him lie on your belly throughout pregnancy. :)
Mar 15, 2013, 2:22pm   #10
w
Originally Posted by rainrowan
You might try to start weaning your toddler off your tummy soon -- if you do in fact become pregnant, I imagine it will be difficult for a 2-3 yr old to understand you cannot have him lie on your belly throughout pregnancy. :)
I agree. When I was pregnant with my 2nd one, I told my 3 year old that he can't sit in my lap anymore because he like to jump up and down and kicks. It took me nearly 4 years to get pregnant again and I wasn't taking any chances.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Pregnancy & Parenting