Home > >

Your help needed (decision making)

POST A REPLY

Jul 4, 2012, 8:00am   #1
babyyorkie
Hi everyone, can you help me decide: after reading this forum I am in dilemma whether to buy Saffiano 1786 Clay Grey. This would be my first Prada (I am in love with it) but I have one question, I see that some of you had some problems with Prada totes (peel off, stitches) and I plan to go to Italy to get it (which is one day, very long trip) I just want to make sure that the bag is the right choice and worth of it. I have never had problems with LV bags, so I am a bit scared to buy Prada now. Help me decide, please...thnx and sorry if I am off topic or something but would appreciate your opinions.
Jul 4, 2012, 2:10pm   #2
luvprada
I have never had any problems with Prada.
Jul 4, 2012, 2:19pm   #3
babyyorkie
Originally Posted by luvprada
I have never had any problems with Prada.
Thnx :) which prada do you have? I just wanted some advice, since I thaught so that Prada is a great brand and that there shouldn't be any problems with it, but was confused after reading about some problems girls here have.
Jul 4, 2012, 6:21pm   #4
hellokatiegirl
Treat Yo Self!
I have two Prada Saffiano Lux totes and I am very happy with them. Overall, I think the quality is very good. I can't really comment about how well the bags hold up or last over time because I have only had them for about 5 or 6 months. If you really like the bag you should get one!
Jul 5, 2012, 6:26am   #5
kaz_7
I've had the saffiano lux 1786 since dec 2011 and have used it quite often. No problems at all.
Jul 5, 2012, 8:48am   #6
babyyorkie
Originally Posted by hellokatiegirl
I have two Prada Saffiano Lux totes and I am very happy with them. Overall, I think the quality is very good. I can't really comment about how well the bags hold up or last over time because I have only had them for about 5 or 6 months. If you really like the bag you should get one!

Thank you for your opinionAfter hearing some really nice stuff about Saffiano 1786 today, I think I'm getting it
Jul 5, 2012, 8:48am   #7
babyyorkie
Originally Posted by kaz_7
I've had the saffiano lux 1786 since dec 2011 and have used it quite often. No problems at all.
Thnx for reply which color do you have? Is it big enough?
Jul 5, 2012, 8:51am   #8
Sprina
i got my mom a red one last sept, she didnt use it very often (she has quite a few LVs, so she switch around very often), so far the bag still look brand new. i think the price i paid and the quality is pretty equal (i live in Asia and i bought the bag when i was in London, so i saved a lot). tbh i wouldnt say the quality is the same as LV, but i still love prada and want a bn2274 so badly! plus, i've heard and experienced the quality dropped of LV, so yea

i didnt have luck to get a prada with shoulder strap last sept, hopefully they will have stock for colour i want this coming Nov
Jul 5, 2012, 1:25pm   #9
Hermancat
Aspire
Yeah for deciding on the Prada. You will love it!
Enjoy your shopping trip.
Jul 5, 2012, 4:19pm   #10
babyyorkie
Originally Posted by Sprina
i got my mom a red one last sept, she didnt use it very often (she has quite a few LVs, so she switch around very often), so far the bag still look brand new. i think the price i paid and the quality is pretty equal (i live in Asia and i bought the bag when i was in London, so i saved a lot). tbh i wouldnt say the quality is the same as LV, but i still love prada and want a bn2274 so badly! plus, i've heard and experienced the quality dropped of LV, so yea

i didnt have luck to get a prada with shoulder strap last sept, hopefully they will have stock for colour i want this coming Nov
ThnxAll of my LV are still in great shape over the years. i have never hand any problems with them so this is what I expect from Prada as well.Especially since I have to go abroad to buy it, because in my country we don't have Prada shop.
hope you'll get 2274 in color that you wantenjoy it!
Jul 5, 2012, 4:23pm   #11
babyyorkie
Originally Posted by Hermancat
Yeah for deciding on the Prada. You will love it!
Enjoy your shopping trip.
Thank you!Can't wait
Jul 5, 2012, 6:51pm   #12
kaz_7
Originally Posted by babyyorkie
Thnx for reply which color do you have? Is it big enough?
I've got the black one. I find it big enough. I can fit a bottle of water, wallet, book, A4 thin folder, umbrella, LV pochette and still have space for a scarf and cardigan.
Jul 5, 2012, 9:02pm   #13
hellokatiegirl
Treat Yo Self!
Thank you for your opinionAfter hearing some really nice stuff about Saffiano 1786 today, I think I'm getting it
Congrats! I can't wait to see it when you get it! I hope you love it!
Jul 5, 2012, 9:36pm   #14
Sprina
ThnxAll of my LV are still in great shape over the years. i have never hand any problems with them so this is what I expect from Prada as well.Especially since I have to go abroad to buy it, because in my country we don't have Prada shop.
hope you'll get 2274 in color that you wantenjoy it!
I am a LV lover too, but the illustre pochette I bought last sept kinda disappoint me as my zipper is not shiny anymore and has some kinda of Rusty feel, it happened after I used it for 6 months only (maybe shorter, since I never pay attention till 6months later). Even my sis commented that it looks like some fake stuff I am going to collect my Palermo from repair soon, I think I will show them my pochette and ask if they can polish it for me
I have no idea how long can prada last, but saffiano leather seems more durable. I expect it "live" for years, right now my wallet still look 99% brand new after 9months, so I guess saffiano leather is really worth the money

Good luck to both of us, hoping to see your reveal soon!
Jul 6, 2012, 2:34am   #15
babyyorkie
Originally Posted by kaz_7
I've got the black one. I find it big enough. I can fit a bottle of water, wallet, book, A4 thin folder, umbrella, LV pochette and still have space for a scarf and cardigan.
Oh great, then it is quite big enough. Thnx. I'm not very tall (167cm) so I think this would be a perfect size.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >