POST A REPLY

Apr 18, 2010, 9:11am   #1
m
hi... can someone explain to me exactly what spazzolato is? Is it patent leather? or does it just look really shiny because of the photos i see? i haven't seen it in actual yet, as i have no time to check it out at the department stores.

i'm considering getting the gray spazzolato wallet from the spring collection (the one with the tan leather interior).. but i cannot decide between that or a saffiano multi colour (black with pink interior)?

what do you all think?
Apr 18, 2010, 9:12am   #2
m
*it is the same gray spazzolato as the tote that jessica alba has :)
Apr 18, 2010, 9:39am   #3
In italian spazzolato means brushed.
The terms is used for a brushed or polished leather to a high shine or what we think of patent leather.

Many other designers use the term to describe their polished/brushed leathers--Tod's uses it for their shoes, Bottega Veneta uses it for their bags.

Hope this helps. If some of Prada's spazzolato leather bags were totes or different shapes, I would consider one too
Apr 18, 2010, 10:05am   #4
n
Like Longchamp said it's polished but not patent. It wears well but if you really want a wallet that stays looking almost new then I would go with the saffiano
Apr 18, 2010, 10:08am   #5
m
I am considering getting the spazzolato in gray

http://[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/219qo2d.jpg[/IMG]

or Saffiano tricolor...

http://[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/5bs8bp.jpg[/IMG]

If i got that right, it looks like patent because it is shiny, but the feeling is still of leather? :)

Photo Source: Prada.com
Apr 18, 2010, 10:10am   #6
m
Originally Posted by nymifashion
Like Longchamp said it's polished but not patent. It wears well but if you really want a wallet that stays looking almost new then I would go with the saffiano
Hi... that helps :) i read on this forum that the saffiano doesn't age well, that's why i'm still torn ... hmmmmm
Apr 18, 2010, 10:14am   #7
n
I have never heard of saffiano not aging well. The spazzolato will absolutely scratch and the shine wears off a little, just to worn you.
Apr 18, 2010, 10:15am   #8
n
And on a side note I love the grey!!!
Apr 18, 2010, 10:18am   #9
m
yes i thought it was rather odd that some have said that it doesnt age well.. but perhaps they only mean the coloured saffianos?

anyway the black against the pink interior looks lush.. and so does the gray... aahhh! well i guess i shall decide on whatever is available at the store!
Apr 18, 2010, 10:21am   #10
n
Originally Posted by mrsvenuti
yes i thought it was rather odd that some have said that it doesnt age well.. but perhaps they only mean the coloured saffianos?

anyway the black against the pink interior looks lush.. and so does the gray... aahhh! well i guess i shall decide on whatever is available at the store!

Thinking about it now I remember. The metallic saffiano does not wear well at all but the rest should be fine.
Apr 18, 2010, 12:00pm   #11
Saffiano well hold up very well. But yes hard to turn down that cute grey spazz wallet!!

Let us know what you decide.
May 13, 2010, 11:23am   #12
m
I got the spazz! :)
now how do i take care of it?? i feel like it's so delicate because it's so soft (and shiny)
May 13, 2010, 12:00pm   #13
bag lover
Originally Posted by mrsvenuti
I got the spazz! :)
now how do i take care of it?? i feel like it's so delicate because it's so soft (and shiny)
Post a photo when you get a chance. I would love to see it.
May 14, 2010, 3:07pm   #14
Flap Happy
LOL at "spazz" wallets. I too would love to see a picture if you get a chance!
May 17, 2010, 8:26am   #15
m

the interior goes well with taupe nailpolish, does it not? :P

oh, and I got that instead of the zip wallet because it was smaller...
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Prada