THE BEST BLACK FRIDAY SALES

Yoox

20% Off With Code: YOOXGIVING

Moda Operandi

Black Friday Sale

Neiman Marcus

Up To 40% Off Designer Sale

Saks Fifth Ave

Up To 60% Off Selected Styles

Nordstrom

Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

My new love: Prada Saffiano 2274

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 21, 2012, 6:16am   #31
vickitaa92's Avatar
Thread Starter
vickitaa92
Member
Originally Posted by al218
congrats!!!! i just turned 40 and thinking about buying it in black this week. im scared it will be too small but it iS so beautiful. enjoy!!!!!!
Thank you! It all depends on your height and build.. I'm quite petite so it suits me perfectly
Jun 21, 2012, 8:53pm   #32
Annie Nuweegin's Avatar
Annie Nuweegin
Member
Originally Posted by vickitaa92
Hi ladies & gents!

After drooling over this bag for a very long time, I finally decided to buy it.

The journey to buy this bag have been so long. There is so many decisions to make: with zippers, or without zippers? which color? which model? where to buy it?

I've had such a hard time to figure out which one is perfect for me, so I started to choose if I was going to buy the model with zippers or without. Personally I love the structure the bag has with zippers, it reminds me of the Hermes Birkin. The reason why I didn't buy the one withouth zippers is because it looks so unstructured and I don't like that at all.

The color choice was kind of easy, I knew that I wanted a light, quite neutral colored bag. I wanted this bag in Sabbia (sand) first, but it was only avaible in the bigger sizes so I choosed the one in Cammeo. And I don't regret my color choice!

The hardest thing was to choose which model I was going to buy. I tried to decide between 1801, 2274 and 1876. Since I haven't a PRADA store in my country and couldn't try them out, I relied in modeling pictures and compared to other bags I have. After weeks of thinking, I decided to buy the 2274 because I wanted a quite big bag which is quite functional.

Sorry for my novel, hehe. Isn't she beautiful?
Hi vickitaa92! Congrats on bn2274! I've exactly the same one! Absolutely adore it. I was wondering if your handle felt funny/odd, how one handle is smooth and the other one felt uneven. I felt that on mine so I've to get it check with my SA, I was thinking whether you had the same problem bc from image I can see the right side have abit wave handle images could be the reflection.. Thanks! Enjoy ur blossom bag!
Jun 22, 2012, 6:28am   #33
vickitaa92's Avatar
Thread Starter
vickitaa92
Member
Originally Posted by Annie Nuweegin
Hi vickitaa92! Congrats on bn2274! I've exactly the same one! Absolutely adore it. I was wondering if your handle felt funny/odd, how one handle is smooth and the other one felt uneven. I felt that on mine so I've to get it check with my SA, I was thinking whether you had the same problem bc from image I can see the right side have abit wave handle images could be the reflection.. Thanks! Enjoy ur blossom bag!
Hi! Thank you :) I haven't actually noticed anything on the handles, but as you may have seen in my other thread, my handles have started to peel off a little bit. I've sent it to Italy to be repaired, so I can let you know how my handles look like when I get it back. I think if your aren't truly satisfied with the bag for the price you paid, you really should talk about it with your SA.
Jun 22, 2012, 6:52am   #34
Annie Nuweegin's Avatar
Annie Nuweegin
Member
Originally Posted by vickitaa92

Hi! Thank you :) I haven't actually noticed anything on the handles, but as you may have seen in my other thread, my handles have started to peel off a little bit. I've sent it to Italy to be repaired, so I can let you know how my handles look like when I get it back. I think if your aren't truly satisfied with the bag for the price you paid, you really should talk about it with your SA.
Oh yeh.. I think I've spoken to you.. How long are they going to take. I'm going to take my baby to the boutique tomorrow.
Jun 22, 2012, 7:47am   #35
Hungry Hamster's Avatar
Hungry Hamster
Member
Hi!! Just received my 2274 papaya today after 2.5 months wait! My handles are smooth but I do notice some dents on my bag though. I'm trying to ignore it since I love the color so much and they've already discontinued the color so I don't think it's possible to replace mine with the same color.

Other than the dent, I'm loving my bag so far!
Jun 22, 2012, 8:15am   #36
Annie Nuweegin's Avatar
Annie Nuweegin
Member
Originally Posted by Hungry Hamster
Hi!! Just received my 2274 papaya today after 2.5 months wait! My handles are smooth but I do notice some dents on my bag though. I'm trying to ignore it since I love the color so much and they've already discontinued the color so I don't think it's possible to replace mine with the same color.

Other than the dent, I'm loving my bag so far!
Congrats! Bn2274 is gorgeous isn't it!! Yeh I know what you mean... I'm trying to ignore my handle but it gets to me, that's just cause I'm pedantic lol I'm going to my boutique as my SA would like to have a look at it whether it's defect or not. If it's normal then I am happy to keep it. If it's a last one like yours then I would keep it and enjoy it :)
Jun 22, 2012, 9:00am   #37
vickitaa92's Avatar
Thread Starter
vickitaa92
Member
Originally Posted by Annie Nuweegin
Oh yeh.. I think I've spoken to you.. How long are they going to take. I'm going to take my baby to the boutique tomorrow.
Yes! I really don't know.. Hopefully it won't take too long..
Jun 22, 2012, 9:53am   #38
Z
Zab50
Member
Originally Posted by vickitaa92
Here is some modeling pictures.. I'm 5'1 (156 cm) if someone is intrested.
Sorry for my horrible face.. the camera and I weren't best friends today :)
Your purse is beautiful! I am thinking of buying the same one. I was wondering, how hard is it to maintain this light color? Do you find you have to be extra careful? I love the cameo, but not sure if I should just get basic black. I want to use the bag every day and not be worried. However, I hear that the saffiano leather is really durable. Can you let me know your thoughts?
Jun 22, 2012, 12:29pm   #39
vickitaa92's Avatar
Thread Starter
vickitaa92
Member
Originally Posted by Zab50
Your purse is beautiful! I am thinking of buying the same one. I was wondering, how hard is it to maintain this light color? Do you find you have to be extra careful? I love the cameo, but not sure if I should just get basic black. I want to use the bag every day and not be worried. However, I hear that the saffiano leather is really durable. Can you let me know your thoughts?
Thank you! I really don't know since I've just had it for about a week.. but I've heard that it shouldn't be a problem because it's easy to just wipe off. I would say that black is the safest choice if you are worried, but the cammeo is just so lovely!
Jun 22, 2012, 2:00pm   #40
Z
Zab50
Member
I agree, the cameo is sooo lovely. I want a spring summer bag and the color is perfect. I think I will do a little more research and take the plunge. Saffiano seems to be a pretty durable leather...
If anything changes please post for us!
Jul 26, 2012, 10:46pm   #41
AprilAriesGirl's Avatar
AprilAriesGirl
Member
cammeo is beautiful. The tote looks great on you
Aug 2, 2012, 5:01pm   #42
t
tvvinkle
Member
gorgeous!
Aug 2, 2012, 6:26pm   #43
RainbowFlash's Avatar
RainbowFlash
Member
This colour is gorgeous and it looks like it will be easy to wear with many outfits. The size looks right on you as well. Good choice!
Aug 3, 2012, 9:04am   #44
l
loverbag
Member
love the bag. Would this bag loose its structure in the long run, im new to Prada =)
Aug 5, 2012, 4:22am   #45
vickitaa92's Avatar
Thread Starter
vickitaa92
Member
Originally Posted by loverbag
love the bag. Would this bag loose its structure in the long run, im new to Prada =)
I think it will loose its structure a little bit.. I have noticed that the bottom is already starting to sagging..
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools