Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

How do you care for your Saffiano leather bags & wallets?

POST A REPLY

Feb 16, 2010, 6:25pm   #1
terri_berri
I did a search on this and nothing specific come up... but I was wondering, how do you all take good care and TLC of your Saffiano leather bags and wallets?

My Saffiano + Tessuto tote has only been used for 3 weeks and already I can see scratches on her... so I was wondering what the best ways are to disguise scratches on her...

Thanks!
Feb 16, 2010, 7:06pm   #2
binoculars
Whatever you do, do not touch it with nail polish remover!!

I learnt the hard way, after a minor brain fail last week on my red saffiano wallet. I accidentally touched my wallet with (what I didn't realise) were wet nails whilst searching through my bag. So instead of just leaving the small nail polish mark on it, I had the bright idea to use nail polish remover.
Big mistake, big big mistake!! Took the saffiano "print" right off it.
Feb 16, 2010, 7:52pm   #3
Prada Psycho
Don't worry about it. Use it, love it and consider the little boo-boos as love bites or war wounds.

The only way it will stay flawless is up in a enclosed glass display case and what fun would that be?
Feb 16, 2010, 8:02pm   #4
EMMY
^ITA..The intent is to buy these things and USE them..PROUDLY..flaunt those b*tchin' accessories! They are worth nothing if we dont use them and they rot in your closet!
Feb 16, 2010, 8:14pm   #5
terri_berri
I have been using her heaps now, which is probably why she is starting to show signs of usage... so I thought maybe a good leather conditioner or something might help maintain her...
Feb 17, 2010, 1:14pm   #6
Yikkie
Avid Purse Lover!
I think the saffiano leather is very durable and easy to care for. Bought a saffiano wallet for DH and so far the only thing I've done is to wipe it with clean, damp cloth when it gets a bit dirty. It's treated leather so I think the leather conditioner or lotion does not add value.
Feb 18, 2010, 9:30am   #7
n
nymifashion
I don't think leather conditioner is a good idea. I never do anything to mine but i it gets dirty try using a baby wipe.
May 22, 2012, 12:16pm   #8
v
vero0987
My reply is very late, but I've also heard using non alcoholic wet wipes are the best way to go to clean the Saffiano leather.
May 22, 2012, 12:41pm   #9
emilyenglish
I don't do anything to mine. It doesn't need to be babied. I do rotate my bags a lot though.
Dec 3, 2013, 12:16pm   #10
s
sonyngo
Hi all, recently my dog chewed on my prada woc and it looks pretty bad. Ripped and teethmark on the sides of the wallet. I brought it into the prada store and they say they can't do anything about it :( is there anyway I could do to fix it?
Last edited Dec 3, 2013 at 12:16pm. Reason: Add picture
Dec 3, 2013, 3:21pm   #11
poopsie2
Are you ready Steve?
Originally Posted by sonyngo
Hi all, recently my dog chewed on my prada woc and it looks pretty bad. Ripped and teethmark on the sides of the wallet. I brought it into the prada store and they say they can't do anything about it :( is there anyway I could do to fix it?

That is pretty severe damage and I can see why Prada would not want to deal with it. Research some local cobblers in your area and see if there is anything they can do.
Good luck
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >