POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
May 5, 2013, 12:49pm   #3151
C
Member
Originally Posted by Lexethan
Mind sharing your nose pic? I just want to see the shape; you can crop out the identifying features. Thanks!
I am not comfortable posting it here. When I post at least 10 post, I will PM you asking for your email and then I can send you my pics

Originally Posted by hyong
lol "vip nose"
sounds like a product coming out of the factory.....
but i have a really low bridge...so am considering vip right now.
Haha don't let one unhappy experience put you down. There are people who want revisions but there are also many others that are happy with the final results. Like I said, mine came out big, but I did see a few while I was there that came out looking different, more on the slim side even with rib cartilage.

Originally Posted by Lacryssa
The senior consultant at JW told me that the people in charge of replying emails have limited English skills. I also dropped them off my list after emailing them but ended up walking in anyway.

They have in-house translators so just let them know beforehand which language you'll need help with. Their English consultant is Yumi.
I will definitely stop by JW for a face to face consultation and ask for Yumi. Thanks for the tip! Anyway, I previously mentioned JW quoting me 5000USD and then I replied using simple English "Revision, rib cartilage nose" and they told me it's 8000USD. That's the price for my primary nose job... Dang. Hopefully going there physically would be better for them to understand my exact request.

Originally Posted by cheon
Lol! VIP nose. That is definitely one thing I wouldn't want myself - to come out looking like previous patients. I would like my nose to be specifically designed for me based on my features and my angles. Although I have a few celebs who I admire, I wouldn't want to force having their noses if it won't suit me.

There email is listed inside the grey box next to "online counsel" its international@regen.co.kr
Thank you for the email!
May 5, 2013, 1:07pm   #3152
L
Member
Originally Posted by cheon
Yes, those are good prices without her referral. Anyway, how are you doing? I know that it's been awhile since you had your surgery but are you still swelling or has it 100% gone away? Out of topic, I am just wondering if you clarified your rift with Nicole. She does seem nice online so it really would be something to look after for if she's different in person.
I am doing great! Had my surgery on 4th April so I am just 1-month post-op. My recovery has been a breeze, there wasn't any blood/mucus dripping out at all and my wounds healed quickly. Most of the swelling is gone but I still need a few months for a sharper and more defined tip so I cant wait!

Met most of my family and friends and they all commented on how natural my nose looks. Most of them noticed the change in my eyes first. People who I've just met couldn't tell I had something done, which is good! Positive response so far and I am happy about that. Except for one cousin who told me he needs time getting used to it hahahaha. He didn't recognize me at the first glance!

I didn't contact Nicole anymore afterwards. Felt that it wasn't worth continuing the correspondence but then I am a passive person to start with. Not sure how to word it without offending her or coming off as too sensitive as well. Had my surgery anyway and everything's done so not much point in there.
May 5, 2013, 1:15pm   #3153
L
Member
Quote:
I will definitely stop by JW for a face to face consultation and ask for Yumi. Thanks for the tip! Anyway, I previously mentioned JW quoting me 5000USD and then I replied using simple English "Revision, rib cartilage nose" and they told me it's 8000USD. That's the price for my primary nose job... Dang. Hopefully going there physically would be better for them to understand my exact request.
I was initially quoted $5000USD ($5.5mil won) for a primary rhino alone too. Got a package price and everything was reduced though. I am not too surprised at the price for rib revision. Primary rib alone is already expensive.. On top of a revision.. @-@

Where and when did you get your primary rhino? I've heard you need to wait at least a year for rib rhino to fully deswell..
May 5, 2013, 1:42pm   #3154
C
Member
Originally Posted by Lacryssa
I was initially quoted $5000USD ($5.5mil won) for a primary rhino alone too. Got a package price and everything was reduced though. I am not too surprised at the price for rib revision. Primary rib alone is already expensive.. On top of a revision.. @-@

Where and when did you get your primary rhino? I've heard you need to wait at least a year for rib rhino to fully deswell..
VIP. It will be over a year by the time I go at the end of this year. I really hope whatever the total is, won't be over 5k. Still a college student here
May 5, 2013, 8:33pm   #3155
C
Member
AONE Clinic

If you read my previous post, you'll understand my problem with them. This is the reply I got:

"I will give you the price range, but the chance is high that Dr. Kwon wouldn't do rhinoplasty only. He thinks overall design of a face is most important.

Revisional rhinoplasty $4,500
Forehead & eyebrow lift: $5,000
Fat injection: $2,000
Liposuction: $2,000"

At least now I know for sure that they are off my list.

May 5, 2013, 10:27pm   #3156
c
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Lacryssa
I am doing great! Had my surgery on 4th April so I am just 1-month post-op. My recovery has been a breeze, there wasn't any blood/mucus dripping out at all and my wounds healed quickly. Most of the swelling is gone but I still need a few months for a sharper and more defined tip so I cant wait!

Met most of my family and friends and they all commented on how natural my nose looks. Most of them noticed the change in my eyes first. People who I've just met couldn't tell I had something done, which is good! Positive response so far and I am happy about that. Except for one cousin who told me he needs time getting used to it hahahaha. He didn't recognize me at the first glance!

I didn't contact Nicole anymore afterwards. Felt that it wasn't worth continuing the correspondence but then I am a passive person to start with. Not sure how to word it without offending her or coming off as too sensitive as well. Had my surgery anyway and everything's done so not much point in there.
That is good to hear! I wouldn't want to look all too plasticky myself and would like to look as natural as well. I just had to ask about the nicole issue because I'm going to go with my friend and she might treat her the same way. So I am trying to learn from others to try to avoid having to go through the same issues.
May 5, 2013, 10:35pm   #3157
c
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Cix123
AONE Clinic

If you read my previous post, you'll understand my problem with them. This is the reply I got:

"I will give you the price range, but the chance is high that Dr. Kwon wouldn't do rhinoplasty only. He thinks overall design of a face is most important.

Revisional rhinoplasty $4,500
Forehead & eyebrow lift: $5,000
Fat injection: $2,000
Liposuction: $2,000"

At least now I know for sure that they are off my list.

No problem on the email.

I remember receiving similar emails to a couple of clinics I inquired to. There are times when I would "understand" what they were trying to tell me. "The outcome of your nose surgery will be enhanced even more if you do this and that since the nose is just a part of the whole face...." But then again, I don't get why they have to be soooooooo persistent in having us do auxiliary surgeries when we already said no. I mean, "no" is already universal as is and even saying "아니 (ani)" won't back them down.

Some clinics may have good reviews, but if money is their driving factor, then I would head the opposite direction or go next door to find clinic who will be as passionate as me about making me beautiful.
May 6, 2013, 12:30am   #3158
a
Member
Originally Posted by cheon
Awwww, that's too bad to hear. Have you contacted the surgeon who did your surgery? Maybe they can help you since he performed it. There are a lot of clinics in korea and you can find a few of them mentioned here like pitangui, dream, and jw among others. But I don't think that there are clinics who "specialize" in revisional surgeries. That would all have to depend on the skill and experience of the doctor and how comfortable he is meddling in because I think that the original surgeon will loose all liabilities if a second doctor comes in. If you can contact him first, then that would be better.

Appointments/bookings depend on the clinic. Some are too busy to accept walk-in patients while some do. There are those who prioritize foreigners and find a slot for their surgery a day or two after consultation, while there are those who wont. Just send emails to the clinics you find are interested in and wait for their reply. Or you can just take your chances and drop by their clinic when you get to korea.
Thanks for all these ideas! I'll definitely make a shortlist of the clinics that are appealing to me and email their consultants. On your location it says you're from China? Mind sharing your personal experience with rhinoplasty?
May 6, 2013, 12:34am   #3159
a
Member
Originally Posted by Cix123
I'm having the same problem except I don't have silicone, but instead I have rib cartilage. I feel fine with having a hard nose but the problem is that the nose is way too big. I'm looking for clinics that specialize in revision for rib noses but it seems hard. I emailed a few clinics and I'm waiting for their reply.

JW has replied to me saying they can do it, about $5000 and looking forward to my flight info WITHOUT even asking for my pictures.

Aone asked for pics and I send it to them. They just seem money hungry to me. I told them specifically that I only want a revision and nothing more because I am a student and have no money. The person replied telling me I have a flat fore head and low eyebrows and my inner eye area is low and suggested endo forehead and eyebrow lift, fat graft, and possibly chin augmentation (even though my chin was cut off in the pics .. )The pictures I sent her, I had bangs covering my forehead. How can she or the doctor judge it based on that when it's not even clear? Then she asked me to send her a picture without my bangs in the way so they can get a clear view and yet they already can tell I have a flat forehead? I know all clinics are working for the sake of money but when it becomes too obvious, it is a big turnoff for possible patients.

Still waiting for others to reply. Anyone know the email for regen?
As soon as I decided to get a revision, I thought about rib cartilage also. Although I don't mind having a hard nose myself, I'm more concerned with the complications of possible warping of the lung area. My original nose is very small (as in the nose head) thus septal cartilage wouldn't be a great choice either unless I want my nose to collapse. I'm more interested in ear cartilage!

Personally I have yet to email any clinics about price and procedure however I don't like pushy sales either. So far on my mind I'm interested in Pitangui, JW, ID and VIP, though I have yet to check out ID and VIP completely. But I've seen great reviews about VIP.
May 6, 2013, 12:45am   #3160
a
Member
Originally Posted by Cix123
VIP. It will be over a year by the time I go at the end of this year. I really hope whatever the total is, won't be over 5k. Still a college student here
Same here! I'm still a uni student! I try not to let the price get in the way of decision however I do have a budget around USD5-6k only for a revision. I've seen some posts previously saying Pitangui can do revision for only 3k? Can anyone validate this? Or does anyone have an approximate pricing for rhinoplasty for each clinic?
May 6, 2013, 8:14am   #3161
f
Member
i think someone asked, i just had my nose lifted, if that's the right term, and tip defined. my alars are just right for my face so i don't feel like has to be cut.
May 6, 2013, 12:04pm   #3162
m
Member
Does anyone has a specific experience of revising rib nose to silicone or other foreign implant?? Please advice, especially any doctor in taiwan.
Reason being, i had my first rhinoplasty with VIP using rib cart, then revise it in taiwan last year with dr kao. Still unhappy with the result, especially the tip, its as bulbous as ever, and the tip became upturned. Seriously after the revision, i am regretting it. I think i much rather had a too high nose from vip than the current one. But i dont think i have enough cartilage to redo my nose anymore, since i have taken both sides of my nose and also the rib cart=(( I know...my case is pretty severe. but i would appreciate some solid recommendation.
Foreign implant of cos is the last resort i would go for, but .... i just dont think i have anymore cart tissue of my own....and i think revisional rib rhino would also costs that much more....
tx
May 6, 2013, 2:16pm   #3163
C
Member
Originally Posted by addickshun
As soon as I decided to get a revision, I thought about rib cartilage also. Although I don't mind having a hard nose myself, I'm more concerned with the complications of possible warping of the lung area. My original nose is very small (as in the nose head) thus septal cartilage wouldn't be a great choice either unless I want my nose to collapse. I'm more interested in ear cartilage!

Personally I have yet to email any clinics about price and procedure however I don't like pushy sales either. So far on my mind I'm interested in Pitangui, JW, ID and VIP, though I have yet to check out ID and VIP completely. But I've seen great reviews about VIP.
After all the clinics that replied, I seem most comfortable with pitangui but then again i would have to see them in real life first before I make a decision.
May 6, 2013, 2:27pm   #3164
C
Member
Originally Posted by addickshun
Same here! I'm still a uni student! I try not to let the price get in the way of decision however I do have a budget around USD5-6k only for a revision. I've seen some posts previously saying Pitangui can do revision for only 3k? Can anyone validate this? Or does anyone have an approximate pricing for rhinoplasty for each clinic?
I actually just found out about pitangui yesterday. I asked for my case, tip plasty revision and they quoted 1,600-2,100. That is the lowest price I've seen. I also asked about a revision with silicone. It was about 2,600-3,200.

Price is convincing honestly. But anyway you can chat with them on skype. I believe they do video chats.
May 6, 2013, 10:40pm   #3165
a
Member
Originally Posted by marykayla
Does anyone has a specific experience of revising rib nose to silicone or other foreign implant?? Please advice, especially any doctor in taiwan.
Reason being, i had my first rhinoplasty with VIP using rib cart, then revise it in taiwan last year with dr kao. Still unhappy with the result, especially the tip, its as bulbous as ever, and the tip became upturned. Seriously after the revision, i am regretting it. I think i much rather had a too high nose from vip than the current one. But i dont think i have enough cartilage to redo my nose anymore, since i have taken both sides of my nose and also the rib cart=(( I know...my case is pretty severe. but i would appreciate some solid recommendation.
Foreign implant of cos is the last resort i would go for, but .... i just dont think i have anymore cart tissue of my own....and i think revisional rib rhino would also costs that much more....
tx
May I ask why you had your first revision after VIP? Was it because the results turned out to be another 'VIP nose'? Or was it just too high for your liking? Did you inform the surgeon with what kind of nose you were after in the beginning before the surgery? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions! Just that VIP is one of the clinics I'll be visiting for a revision rhinoplasty (cartilage only from primary implant).

I currently have a primary silicone implant that I'd like to remove and get rib or ear cartilage instead. Personally I wouldn't suggest any foreign material into body. Not like my nose is particularly bad right now (few flaws that only I can notice) but from my research, complications will increase with foreign materials thus I don't recommend the silicone implant method to anyone. But that's just my experience. Some might have fantastical experience with their silicone nose and have yet to face any problem.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Procedures  
TOP

Thread Tools