POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 12, 2012, 2:19am   #1846
t
Member
Originally Posted by Incognito81
I received a reply from VIP an this is what they said:

"Only the tip plasty without rib cartilage won’t give you dramatic changes or satisfaction."

Is this true? Do you think just getting a nose tip plasty won't give good results? Having rib cartilage seems so expensive.

Has anyone here only had tip plasty? Could I please see your B&As?

I'll try to post my pictures later.
i dont rlly think thats true. if theres no need of getting a bridge augmentation then why get one?? if the only problem is ure tip area then getting it fixed should produce good results. i think depending on what materials (ear or rib cartilage) u use for the tip will have a factor in whether u get drastic results or not.
Aug 12, 2012, 2:23am   #1847
t
Member
Originally Posted by toheart08
I did my surgery with Dr Kao. He didnt mention the mm on my nose bridge height being raised. I did ear cartrilage only, I didnt want foreign object like goretex. I want to do rib initially but he say he have to shave the hump on my nose or it will be extrusion if I insert a rib. Its been 3 weeks after my surgery with ear grafting, my tip is smaller but pointy. I also want the tip to go down. I wish my bridge is raised.

Alot pple say I dont look chinese, like mixed blood, and more guys approach me. I feel abit different.
lol im glad to hear that ure results turned out nice :) so how come the doctor didnt raise ure bridge with rib cartilage after he removed the hump?
Aug 12, 2012, 2:39am   #1848
t
Member
Originally Posted by Drose2022
soooo my mom told me something really scary and it's making me have second thoughts. I was set on going to dr wang and getting rib rhino done. But my mom said that it's been on news that china plastic surgeons will sometimes steal your organs since you are put to sleep and you wouldn't even know. They sell these organs, and you never know it was gone until you feel pain and go for physical. I was going to rib which means they would have to cut me open and carve my rib, now i'm really thinking of just going with silicone implants and just do revision later if necessary. What do you guys think?! wasn't there a chinese celebrity that died at DR wang's too ?
lol thanks for the horror story. ya ive heard some pretty scary stories about china. i dont rlly think thats something dr.wang would partake in though. im sure there would be warnings against surgeons tht do tht, i hope for my sake. and tht girl who died went to a hospital in Beijing or shanghai, not sure which one to get her nose done. it wasn't by the dr.wang in dalian.
Aug 12, 2012, 2:55am   #1849
t
Member
Originally Posted by kichichan
Hey that would be fun hahaha... I have consulted at Grand with Eunji An (English coordinater) and a quite young doctor but I didn't like it so much because the English coordinater seems to try to sell out too obviously.
I also did my surgeries yesterday: eye (non-incision, epicanthoplasty, ptosis correction), nose (hump reduction, osteotomy, tip plasty) at JW (very close to Grand).
Just got back to the hotel from the clinic after cleaning the wound and having a laser treatment for de-swelling.
By the way, where r u staying? Im staying at Yeoksam. I'm going to JW to see the doctor again tomorrow, may be we can meet if u r going to Grand as well?
P.M me!
can u go more into detail about the laser treatment u had for de-swelling? i have never hear of it before, only the steroid injections.
Aug 12, 2012, 6:44am   #1850
t
Member
Originally Posted by smilebaby123
Seriously, are there any doctors in the USA who do just as good of a job with Asian noses as doctors in Asia do? I really don't want to go to Asia now after hearing the "organ-stealing" story! It's scary!

The expenses of going overseas to do it is equal to or close to the cost of doing it in the USA anyways! Right?
lol i wouldnt get ur hopes up about doctors in the states. they r so clueless when it comes to ethnic noses. half of the ppl on this forum are getting revisions from doctors botching their noses in the states. i know china sounds scary but tht kind of stuff happens everywhere, especially when a country isnt as developed as north america. is going to korea not an option for u as well?
Aug 12, 2012, 7:56am   #1851
t
Member
Originally Posted by kichichan
Yeah... I know, right? Couldn't imagine it would be this complicated. I'm back home for more than 2 weeks already. There are 2 Iranian girls who had a nose job in their homeland at my work, their nose are so beautiful and it cost much cheaper comparing to Korea... I think Middle East doctors are quite good when it comes to nasal augmentation... Could be another choice for those who doesn't need an implant. Their doctor also gived out a guarantee for free revision if anything went wrong.
iran and the middle east in general are known for being quite cheap when it comes to plastic surgery. some persian girl at my old high school went there to shave the bump off her bridge and fix her bulbous tip and she looked rlly pretty after, but she was still pretty before. i didnt think that middle eastern doctors would be skilled at augmenting the bridge. most middle easterns have quite high noses.
Aug 12, 2012, 6:36pm   #1852
f
Member
Originally Posted by kichichan

Yeah...I know... It would have been too much hassles if I have to flight back to Korea for a revision.

I'm not sure 100% for the free payment but hope so... Will have to discuss about that with my doctor in a several months. I will keep your guys updated (see how good their post-op service with the guarantee be...)

Right now I don't know the causes of the bump yet so I have no idea but I will post my questions on Realself to ask. JW's service in my experience was good in general anyway.
Hi kichichan,

How long for ur procedure?.and do u stay at the hospital or can go to the hotel after ops??
Aug 12, 2012, 8:03pm   #1853
K
Member
Hi everyone -

I haven't been on this forum in several months, and noticed that there were a few inquiries asking about my experience with Dr Chow. Rather than addressing each post, I thought it would be easier to just post an update.

It's been close to a year since Dr Chow performed my rhino, and unfortunately I will need a revision. Now that the swelling has gone down (close to a year post surgery), there are a large noticeable bumps on the osteotomy site, the cartilage tip graft is showing through the tip, and a piece of cartilage has slipped from my nose and is poking into my mouth between my lip and gums. It's pretty obvious at this point that I've had a nose job, and a botched one at that.

I really don't think there are American doctors that can do what Korean surgeons can do. If you have the option, it's probably much better to just go overseas.

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.
Aug 12, 2012, 8:32pm   #1854
s
Member
Originally Posted by kkim120
Coolios. I'm from the states...
I'll be meeting bobbycat and eightbelow when I get to Seoul on the 13th... I'll be leaving on the 24th as well :)
KK you changed your travel dates? QQ
not gonna be in seoul on the 5th?

I'll be leaving in 9 frikkin days XD
excited but also nervous lol!

will update here what clinic I decide to go with :)

speedy recovery to those who already went under the knife!
Aug 13, 2012, 12:27am   #1855
k
Member
Originally Posted by shouislove
KK you changed your travel dates? QQ
not gonna be in seoul on the 5th?

I'll be leaving in 9 frikkin days XD
excited but also nervous lol!

will update here what clinic I decide to go with :)

speedy recovery to those who already went under the knife!
Oh~! I'll be there on the 5th, but later that day, or more likely, the following day, I'll be out of town. I still plan/hope to meet you! :)
Last edited Aug 13, 2012 at 12:33am.
Aug 13, 2012, 12:33am   #1856
k
Member
Originally Posted by Kailas
Hi everyone -

I haven't been on this forum in several months, and noticed that there were a few inquiries asking about my experience with Dr Chow. Rather than addressing each post, I thought it would be easier to just post an update.

It's been close to a year since Dr Chow performed my rhino, and unfortunately I will need a revision. Now that the swelling has gone down (close to a year post surgery), there are a large noticeable bumps on the osteotomy site, the cartilage tip graft is showing through the tip, and a piece of cartilage has slipped from my nose and is poking into my mouth between my lip and gums. It's pretty obvious at this point that I've had a nose job, and a botched one at that.

I really don't think there are American doctors that can do what Korean surgeons can do. If you have the option, it's probably much better to just go overseas.

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.
WOW. I'm sorry to hear that... Good luck with your revision. Hopefully this will be your first and last revision!
Aug 13, 2012, 4:38am   #1857
s
Member
Originally Posted by kkim120
Oh~! I'll be there on the 5th, but later that day, or more likely, the following day, I'll be out of town. I still plan/hope to meet you! :)
ahh Icic!

I might do genioplasty so not sure if we can have a filling lunch together - or we could opt for smoothie king
Aug 13, 2012, 9:56am   #1858
k
Member
Originally Posted by shouislove
ahh Icic!

I might do genioplasty so not sure if we can have a filling lunch together - or we could opt for smoothie king
You're leaving soon right?
Are you done with the crazy work schedule you put yourself through? Gosh, three jobs... can't imagine...
Aug 13, 2012, 10:54am   #1859
s
Member
Originally Posted by kkim120
You're leaving soon right?
Are you done with the crazy work schedule you put yourself through? Gosh, three jobs... can't imagine...
you know what, inspite of
busting my butt off, I didn't make nearly as much as I'd of liked to lol! /fail

also I've been busy so didn't check the forums. u know I was supposed to bunk up with Shane right? I just read he's already done with his surgeries XD
something with butt skin..? :'D

have you had any luck narrowing down ur list?
mines slowly getting bigger! ahhh
Aug 13, 2012, 10:48pm   #1860
k
Member
Originally Posted by shouislove
you know what, inspite of
busting my butt off, I didn't make nearly as much as I'd of liked to lol! /fail

also I've been busy so didn't check the forums. u know I was supposed to bunk up with Shane right? I just read he's already done with his surgeries XD
something with butt skin..? :'D

have you had any luck narrowing down ur list?
mines slowly getting bigger! ahhh
you've no idea how much my list has grown... Every time I edit it, it grows again... I just stopped researching... I'll resume once it gets closer to my surgery date...

Hmm... Even if he's finished with his surgery, I believe he'll be staying in Seoul until late August... maybe the 26th? You should check the "best plastic surgery in korea" thread... he posted it up there. So, maybe you can bunk with him during the recovery period..?

Otherwise, if you want really cheap accommodations, I booked mine here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/154317

It's kind of spartan, but bobbycat and I are going to tough it out. LOLs
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Procedures  
TOP

Thread Tools