Home Beauty & Makeup Nail Care Nail Products - Rants & Raves

Rant Seche Vite dry fast top coat

POST A REPLY

May 25, 2010, 11:41am   #61
Hermesmerized
I need to update my opinon from post #7, last year. I totally love SV now, but it definitely works best with the base coat. Also, I find that if I do a refresher top coat mid-week, it makes my edge lifts worse....so I basically just let the manicure wear for the 5-7 days I normally get.
May 25, 2010, 2:20pm   #62
BunniesN'DaSun
I think my mini bottle I had was bad (very sticky, like spider web stretchy or like rubber cement!) so I got a full bottle recently at Sallys. Hope to try it soon!
Jun 10, 2010, 11:12pm   #63
l
I am on the fence about SV. I absolutely love its drying power--in less than 5 minutes my mani is completely dry and I don't have to worry about smudging or anything. The shine is also great. However, the smell is awful and it seems to linger for so long, even though I always paint my nails near an open window. I also hate that it's not big 3 free.
Jul 12, 2010, 7:12pm   #64
So Proud!!
I had to get rid of mine - crazy shrinkage and sometimes no streaks, other times streaks. I don't have time for that so I recently began using the Poshe dry fast top coat.
Jul 30, 2010, 9:43pm   #65
P
This stuff is great for fast drying and shine...but as for making my nail polish chip free...i rely on my nailtique for that!
Dec 23, 2010, 8:52am   #66
Ummm...Ummmm...bags!
I love love love this stuff!!! I use Orly Bonder as my base coat, and my mani lasts for at least a week! Still shiny and beautiful! I will always use SV it it my HG!
Dec 23, 2010, 9:13am   #67
big purse, big heart
Originally Posted by Chipper
I need to update my opinon from post #7, last year. I totally love SV now, but it definitely works best with the base coat. Also, I find that if I do a refresher top coat mid-week, it makes my edge lifts worse....so I basically just let the manicure wear for the 5-7 days I normally get.
i switch to OPI's top coat for mid week & hvnt had any lifting issues since!
Dec 23, 2010, 4:46pm   #68
i feel like it shrinks the polish at the tips but it does dry pretty quickly
Dec 23, 2010, 11:51pm   #69
♥ ♥ ♥
funny there is a thread on this. i've been buying it for a while. it's the bomb.com
Dec 24, 2010, 12:48am   #70
Chanel|CL|HL Lover
I love how SV makes my nail polish dry to the touch in an extremely short period of time, but I find that I still get nicks if bump into stuff. I've also noticed my polish chips at the tips of my fingers, and every day I have to repaint a nail or two. But I'm super anal about having my nails perfectly polished.
Dec 26, 2010, 1:15pm   #71
I have pink and white gel done professionally, then I put nail art on top of that myself. I always use Orly rubberizing bonder to start, and I always finish with Seche Vite topcoat. After I'm finished, no matter what I do, the art always stays on until I decide to take it off. Love the stuff.
Jan 15, 2011, 12:57am   #72
~*bethy-lame-o*~
i love mine!! i dont use a base coat though. i put some on today over my new polish and no peeling.. i guess i will let you know tom. i have only used mine 7 or 8 times :) I only had it a few months :)
Jan 15, 2011, 2:24pm   #73
Finally saving!!
I loved this top coat but 1 1/2 months later the top coat has gotten really hard to put on really sticky and hard to use. My nail polish also chips must faster now
Jan 16, 2011, 9:53am   #74
n
This product is definitely HG for me. I have been using it for years. No other top coat gives me shiny, dent/smudge-free nails as SV tc. And I get a full week's mani out of it. Sometimes, I do have occasions where an edge of my polish will lift up slightly on day 5-6, but rarely does the polish come off at that point, or chip.
Jan 21, 2011, 7:07am   #75
I think its a good product but its not big three free so I returned it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Nail Care Nail Products - Rants & Raves