Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

What is the BEST Base & Top Coat Polish?

POST A REPLY

Dec 30, 2009, 12:26am   #1
Cheryl
♡ Obsessed
I can't seem to find a really great base and top coat polish.. I have OPI which bubbles and takes FOREVER to dry so I recently purchased the Poshe base and top polishes and while they seem great (go on smooth and dry super fast) I experience "shrinkage" if that makes since. Like my polish shrinks and the next day i can see my nail at the top like the polish shrunk up, lol
I hope this makes since and i dont sound insane

anyway, what is your favorite and why? I really need good ones!

BTW I use OPI, Zoya, and Chanel polishes

Thanks guys!
Dec 30, 2009, 12:29am   #2
truegem
I have heard a lot of people rave about Seche Vite. I haven't tried it yet but it is on my list. I use OPI top coat with no issue but am still looking for a decent base coat as well.
Dec 30, 2009, 12:34am   #3
choozen1ne
I paint my nails everyday ( I am painting them as I type ) and Seche Vite is by far the best I have tried, it dries really fast and really shiny - if your nails are still a little wet put a coat of Seche Vite on and it dries all the coats withing 10 minutes
As far as base coat it depends what type of nails you have , I like Orly Bonder and China Glaze Strong Adhesion both really help the polish stay on really well
one last thing if you have a Sally Beauty Supply near buy Seche Vite is a lot cheaper there that any other place
Dec 30, 2009, 1:30am   #4
Necromancer
My top coat of choice is either Ezflow Never Yellow Sealer or Ezflow Fast Finish Top Coat. They both dry quickly too. As for base coat, I haven't used one in years. I know SpaRitual has one that's supposed to be good, but I've never used it.
Dec 30, 2009, 1:50am   #5
Brooke11
polisher
Seche Vite is by far the BEST top coat I have ever used. I have an entire lineup of dud top coats -- Seche Vite is the best. I can't say enough about it. It dries EXTREMELY fast, leaves a beautiful, high-gloss finish, and applies smoothly. I love it.

As for a base coat, I'm still searching!
Dec 30, 2009, 1:52am   #6
j
jpgoeth
Shopinator
I have zoya anchor and armor - both are great with zoya polishes, but I've noticed that they don't do as well with other brands. I've also found that other brands of base/top coat don't do well with zoya polishes.
Dec 30, 2009, 1:54am   #7
missgiannina
seche vite
Dec 30, 2009, 1:55am   #8
xpurseloverx
love 2 shop
im using essie base coat now and i have thier top coat i am thinkin bout buying the seche vite i havent used the essie base coat enough to say if i like it or not though....
Dec 30, 2009, 11:28am   #9
DeeDeeDelovely
Quiet!Hermes Hunting
When it come to base coats I really don't have a favorite one. I am;however,currently using rimmel base coat with lycra. It does the job and the price isn't too bad either. It was about $4-$5. Now as for top coat...SECHE VITE!!! And yes I am yelling. It is beyond the best.
Dec 30, 2009, 11:30am   #10
bunnymasseuse
BunniesN'DaSun
http://theedgeofsanity.org/?p=3062

They did a test panel of people blind who gave their impressions of it. Some surprising results there!
Dec 30, 2009, 11:44am   #11
sara999
RIP Daddy...
i can't stand seche vite personally. i love nails inc kensington caviar topcoat. i like diamont but it thickens too quickly.

i ordered bb couture topcoat (top rock) so i'll see what i think when it arrives

i switch basecoats all the time, they don't really make too much of a difference on my nails (i paint them everyday regardless)...i use nubar foundation, nailtek II, CND stickey, lippmann aloe vera basecoat...i am just going through my collection trying in vain to use them all. they're all equal to me
Dec 30, 2009, 1:29pm   #12
aliceanna
Hello, Framboise!
I really like Seche Base as a base coat. Sometimes I wear it by itself--it's a really pretty white pearly sheer.

This is bad, but I rarely put on topcoat. I've tried Seche Vite, but it seemed too bubbly and globby to me (maybe I had a bad bottle).
Dec 30, 2009, 2:27pm   #13
jwhitlock
Pucker Up!
I use the Seche Vite base and top coat, and I believe that it makes a HUGE difference. I don't know what they use in the various mani-pedi places I go to sometimes, but they don't hold a candle to these.

They totally, completely rock!
Dec 30, 2009, 6:46pm   #14
Divyaangana
Team ♥ Jacob
I don't use a base coat normally when I polish, but I do use Seche Vite as my top coat and love it. It works really well for me and has greatly helped with the wear of my manicures.
Dec 31, 2009, 2:45pm   #15
Katie68506
I use Rock Hard base coat & Rock Top Coat. Picked them up at Sally's Beauty Supply & I've never had a problem.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >