ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Other soak off gel polish

POST A REPLY

Mar 16, 2012, 7:46pm   #6091
beverly20024
Originally Posted by thrbuddhas
I wish I were strong like you, Ivy! But I guess you have just had that boyfriend rejection, so it's still fresh in your mind .
You got that right, baby.
Mar 16, 2012, 10:25pm   #6092
ferretkingdom
~Gel polish addict~
Originally Posted by bellaboarder
I have both of those and yes mine are both a bit thick. It's just their nature because they're super dense glitter sogs, but I absolutely love them :)

To avoid having to use 3 coats and getting super thick i'll put a layer of color on first, then 2 coats of the glitter polishes.
Here's a pic of an old mani I did. It's one coat Gelish Sheek White, 2 coats Hologram Diamond.
My Gia holo silver is like that too - VERY thick. It's very similar to holgram diamond (which is the only reason I didn't buy that one too, LOL).

4 of the LeChat spring colors are available on Beautywests!

just saw this interesting alternative to finger cots on ebay!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Soak-Off...ht_1226wt_1026
I've used those gel off clips. They are OK. Not sure how well they'd hold up over time - the two halves are just held together by a little o-ring. I've only used mine 2-3 times. I find I have to use more cotton ball (I break my cotton balls up for the finger protectors) and thus more acetone because they are bigger and don't fit tightly. . However, no acetone drips, so I use them on my mom for her soak offs when I have regular polish over my gel and don't wan to mess it up. I did a review of them somewhere - maybe in the rubber thimble thread? I can't find it at the moment. Forum search isn't working for me (we are having internet issues).

Oh finally! It only took 3 full mins of thinking for the search to come up! LOL
http://forum.purseblog.com/nail-care...l#post21255274

Originally Posted by mittens414
Thanks so much for the info ladies! Glad to hear that all of those brands are the same. I also love that LeChat does come with the matching np so I'll also look into the new LED versions of those. It's funny, I'm at Ulta probably once a week and I never knew they carried the ProGel, I'll have to look for it the next time I'm there. Is it with the np section or in the regular makeup section like RCM?

I can see the addiction growing in the very near future, lol!
The addiction takes over fast too! LOL. Most of us admit it pretty readily though - there's not much of a denial stage. LOL

Ulta just started carrying the Progel like last week, so you weren't just missing it! :) For my ulta it was on an endcap facing the middle of the store, but about 3-4 aisles in from the entrance, more with makeup stuff than nail polish.

Originally Posted by Blumblee
I just soaked off the MU mani and put on progel Aloha punch. It took 3 coats and was a bit harsh for me. The first is a pic before the top coat. so I added a coat of gelish Taffeta to tone it down a bit. I like it much better. The second pic is with the taffeta.
I REALLY like it with the taffeta over it!

When you mixing queens mix colors, do you use an eyedropper? Or just drop polish from the brush?
I let it drip off the brush. I pull the brush out of the bottle fully loaded, not wiping it on the side of the bottle neck and then just let it drip off. after 1-2 drops I reload, so the drops stay about the same size. HTH.
Mar 17, 2012, 1:14am   #6093
bellaboarder
I have swatches swimming in my head! Ah! I fell asleep watching tv I woke up thinking "Shangri-la? Angel From Above? Maybe I should get some of the pastels I've been eyeing from the wedding collection?" Earlier while spending time with my boyfriend I found myself daydreaming about manis lol. I think I can say this obsession has officially taken over my life lol
Mar 17, 2012, 1:35am   #6094
Beesknees67
I know this is off topic so I'll keep it short. I know there are lot of other holographic fanatics here so I wanted to show you one of the most spectacular holos I've ever seen. Layla Flash Black...OMG!!

Pics are in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/nail-care...l#post21335630

Here's one to tease you:

Mar 17, 2012, 1:39am   #6095
snfleur
Originally Posted by mskimmy98
Can you girls suggest a STARK WHITE that doesn't yellow? (not Gelish or Shellac.. but other brands)???

TIA!!!

~Kim
I have Progel clean linen which is an ultra bright (paper white)! I love it!!!
Mar 17, 2012, 1:46am   #6096
snfleur
I need catching up, arghhh.... I leave u ladies for a day and now I'm soooo behind!!! :/
Mar 17, 2012, 1:48am   #6097
snfleur
Originally Posted by Blumblee
I just soaked off the MU mani and put on progel Aloha punch. It took 3 coats and was a bit harsh for me. The first is a pic before the top coat. so I added a coat of gelish Taffeta to tone it down a bit. I like it much better. The second pic is with the taffeta.
Is this my IBD Marigold dupe??? Does it have the pink shimmer in it??? It looks great in the pic!!
Mar 17, 2012, 1:58am   #6098
katnalex
Originally Posted by beesknees67
i know this is off topic so i'll keep it short. I know there are lot of other holographic fanatics here so i wanted to show you one of the most spectacular holos i've ever seen. Layla flash black...omg!!

here's one to tease you:

omg!!!
Mar 17, 2012, 2:37am   #6099
beverly20024
Originally Posted by Beesknees67
I know this is off topic so I'll keep it short. I know there are lot of other holographic fanatics here so I wanted to show you one of the most spectacular holos I've ever seen. Layla Flash Black...OMG!!

Here's one to tease you:
OMG is right! Will you use this over SOG? Any pics over SOG? Need this one I think!
Mar 17, 2012, 3:03am   #6100
Beesknees67
Originally Posted by beverly20024
OMG is right! Will you use this over SOG? Any pics over SOG? Need this one I think!
I'm thinking of doing SOG/holo sandwich. I'll swatch it over SOG, I know some holo's are tricky to get a good application. I keep seeing references to aqua base but I'll try it first with the gel base and TIO.

If all else fails...it's going on my toes!
Mar 17, 2012, 3:16am   #6101
beverly20024

I'm thinking of doing SOG/holo sandwich. I'll swatch it over SOG, I know some holo's are tricky to get a good application. I keep seeing references to aqua base but I'll try it first with the gel base and TIO.

If all else fails...it's going on my toes!
Will be waiting for your swatches - can't wait!
Mar 17, 2012, 3:58am   #6102
pinkprincess777

Here's one to tease you:
That's super pretty! Love it!
Mar 17, 2012, 4:01am   #6103
AllBling

Here's one to tease you:
OMG!!! I was just about to get up from my computer and give my mouse finger a rest too. lol ..... just 59 pages of blingy holo goodness to go.
Mar 17, 2012, 9:39am   #6104
thrbuddhas
Originally Posted by bellaboarder
I have swatches swimming in my head! Ah! I fell asleep watching tv I woke up thinking "Shangri-la? Angel From Above? Maybe I should get some of the pastels I've been eyeing from the wedding collection?" Earlier while spending time with my boyfriend I found myself daydreaming about manis lol. I think I can say this obsession has officially taken over my life lol
LMAO I woke up thinking about those colors too!

sent from my iPhone tPF app
Mar 17, 2012, 9:45am   #6105
mittens414
Originally Posted by ferretkingdom

The addiction takes over fast too! LOL. Most of us admit it pretty readily though - there's not much of a denial stage. LOL

Ulta just started carrying the Progel like last week, so you weren't just missing it! :) For my ulta it was on an endcap facing the middle of the store, but about 3-4 aisles in from the entrance, more with makeup stuff than nail polish.. .
You got that right! I was up until almost 2am looking at swatches on all different websites and reading the threads here, lol! I should also mention that I have a 2 year old who wakes up at about 5:30 most mornings, so I basically slept for 3 hours!

I'll check my ulta today to see if they have them. Thanks for all the info!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >