Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Julep Nails - swatches, collections, and chit chat, oh my!

POST A REPLY

Apr 20, 2012, 11:09am   #3511
semirose
Tin Dog
Originally Posted by bunniluver
Magnetic polish... Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh lol.

That is weird that Classic with a Twist doesn't have any polish. I wonder if anyone is going to get it...

I am torn between two boxes... I need help!!!!!
Right? I like the looks of Ashley and Nessa but ugh magnetic. Not a fan.
Apr 20, 2012, 11:14am   #3512
saira1214
I think it is cool that they listened and are offering more than just "cremes." It is weird that the classic with a twist has not polish options.
Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 11:56am.
Apr 20, 2012, 11:15am   #3513
saira1214
Originally Posted by semirose
It looks like it can be worn with the magnetic effect and without.
Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 11:56am.
Apr 20, 2012, 11:20am   #3514
QueenDom
Originally Posted by kristinized
Ashley, Nessa, & magnetic Kylie are different than usual, but I think I may skip again this month. I would rather try for NV's Floam or do the Zoya Earth Day promo this month.
I'm actually really pleased with this box, now I just have to decide if it's worth breaking my indie only ban
Apr 20, 2012, 12:03pm   #3515
cheetah_pita
Originally Posted by semirose
You don't have to use the magnet if you don't like the effect - you can leave it as a normal purple (looks like it has a hint of shimmer?).

I think I'm skipping this month. I like the orange and yellow in the It Girl box but I've just destashed my summer colors and don't need more options, lol.
Apr 20, 2012, 12:09pm   #3516
whitneyg
Skipping this month. I actually like the color of the magnetic polish but I've bought so many other indies recently that I can't justify my maven box this month... But hopefully if I skip a few months I won't get any dupes next time I decide to go with a mystery box!
Apr 20, 2012, 12:25pm   #3517
semirose
Tin Dog
Originally Posted by cheetah_pita

You don't have to use the magnet if you don't like the effect - you can leave it as a normal purple (looks like it has a hint of shimmer?).

I think I'm skipping this month. I like the orange and yellow in the It Girl box but I've just destashed my summer colors and don't need more options, lol.
Thats true but I have so many similar purples and people are always eager to get rid of their yellow and oranges for some reason so I imagine the other two will be easy enough to swap for. Looks like its a pass for me too.
Apr 20, 2012, 12:31pm   #3518
MetalliChick
polish addict!
Hmm, I'm conflicted. My It Girl box has all colours I love, but I'm on a ban and I'm not sure if this is worth breaking it for. I'd love to see actual pictures of the polishes before I make up my mind.
Apr 20, 2012, 12:53pm   #3519
ashleyjena
My box was free, so it was a no brainer, but I switched to It Girl (and got 12 confirmation emails LOL) I needed to have ASHLEY!
Apr 20, 2012, 12:56pm   #3520
jacquelineo
They posted some pictures on their blog.

http://blog.julep.com/may-julep-mave...May%2BSwatches
Apr 20, 2012, 1:01pm   #3521
elongreach
140 lbs lighter
I was a bombshell, but I switched to boho glam because I preferred the colors I'm that box. Plus I wanted the pedicure stuff.
Apr 20, 2012, 1:28pm   #3522
Elle Lu
WOW! I'm shocked there's no polish in Classic with a Twist!
Apr 20, 2012, 1:37pm   #3523
ladyash
Originally Posted by ashleybrooke
I've been a Maven for a few months now an I've been pretty happy with it so far. April's box wasn't that great, but it's still nice polish that I can gift if I the colors aren't really my thing.

I am excited for the May box since I'm signed up for It Girl and it includes Ashley. I'm a dork for any polish that has my name.
Originally Posted by ashleyjena
Ahhh there's an Ashley this month? I was fine with my boho glam but I'm gonna need a polish with my name. Looks like I'm gonna switch!
Originally Posted by ashleyjena
My box was free, so it was a no brainer, but I switched to It Girl (and got 12 confirmation emails LOL) I needed to have ASHLEY!
I am getting this month free too because of referrals and staying with It Girl because I NEED to own a polish with my name on it! I'm another one in for Ashley
Apr 20, 2012, 1:39pm   #3524
MetalliChick
polish addict!
Originally Posted by jacquelineo
They posted some pictures on their blog.

http://blog.julep.com/may-julep-mave...May%2BSwatches
Ugh, this is tough. I KNOW the yellow will look disgusting on me (but my mom will take it off my hands, no problem!), but I looooove that orange. I'm meh on magnetic polishes, but I love purple anything...still conflicted! But at least I have a few days to decide.
Apr 20, 2012, 1:55pm   #3525
bunniluver
The Short One
I'm torn between Bombshell and American Beauty... I don't like the magnetic polish, so that wont really make me want American Beauty anymore.. I'm thinking about Bombshell, as I don't think I have any of those colors, but in the swatches Fina looks a lot like OPI I Vant to be a Lone Star.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >