Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Gelish, soak off gel polish

DISCUSSION CLOSED
 
Thread Tools
Aug 13, 2011, 7:55am   #4936
f
fooze
Member
Originally Posted by MoreGelColors
Love it! I am suddenly jealous that all my nails are the same color... Hmm... I could always redo two of them!
Well, I ended up with both colors on because I couldn't decide on one and was desperate to see them both on!
Aug 13, 2011, 9:51am   #4937
kandc88's Avatar
kandc88
Member
Originally Posted by Sunrize
Kandy, if you do the four fingers and opposite thumb at the same time I'm thinking that you can muck up one of the fingers when you try to do the thumb? Because they will still be tacky, or vice versa.. thumb first then four opposite fingers.. sometimes I even hit the top of the UV light case when I'm putting my hand in.. AGGHH I'm a clutz.
I don't think it will be too bad, but we'll see! I do both thumbs all the time with no issues.
Aug 13, 2011, 10:20am   #4938
D
DeanaCal
Member
Originally Posted by Sunrize
For my next mani, I was considering using bella vampire as a base, then use good gossip for the second coat? I like a deep bluish red.. figured the bella would give me the dark purple.. then the good gossip would enhance it to be more of a dark red w blue undertones.. My nails are still on the shorter side, so if I think it comes out OK.. I'll do a pic. But if someone is adventurous, please go for it! I also bought some decals of rose w a leaf.. I thought that would look awesome toward the base of the nail. Maybe on the pinkies or thumbs...
Several of us have done this combo, and it's awesome! I think ferretkingdom posted pics in the swatch thread.
Aug 13, 2011, 11:07am   #4939
s
shandrewsca
Member
Originally Posted by DeanaCal
Several of us have done this combo, and it's awesome! I think ferretkingdom posted pics in the swatch thread.
This is my favorite combo, too. It is HOT, and I always get the most compliments with it! For me though, I like lighter colors in summer and darker colors the rest of the year.
Aug 13, 2011, 3:34pm   #4940
ferretkingdom's Avatar
ferretkingdom
~Gel polish addict~
Originally Posted by Sunrize
For my next mani, I was considering using bella vampire as a base, then use good gossip for the second coat? I like a deep bluish red.. figured the bella would give me the dark purple.. then the good gossip would enhance it to be more of a dark red w blue undertones.. My nails are still on the shorter side, so if I think it comes out OK.. I'll do a pic. But if someone is adventurous, please go for it! I also bought some decals of rose w a leaf.. I thought that would look awesome toward the base of the nail. Maybe on the pinkies or thumbs...
I've done this combo as have several others. I call it the "ruby slipper" Mani. I love the combo and have swatches posted here or in the swatch thread, or maybe both. Lol

Originally Posted by MoreGelColors
And something else I learned from buying the starter kit... The directions on the cleanser say to use it for both cleansing the nail plate as a first step and for cleaning off the tacky layer, even though it is part acetone. I had been under the impression that there were two different products (although I myself just use CND scrubfresh and alcohol). Hope that made sense!
The gelish topcoat is acetone resistant, so wiping off the tacky layer with acetone won't hurt it
Aug 13, 2011, 4:53pm   #4941
s
shandrewsca
Member
Has anyone tried to use nail foils with a gelish manicure? How would you do this? I like the reflective metallic look of nail foils but wasn't sure when in the gelish process to use them (if at all). TIA!
Aug 13, 2011, 6:35pm   #4942
D
DeanaCal
Member
I have a weird thing happening with Good Gossip. The last couple of times I used it, I ended up with a couple of small areas of silver glitter. Is it possible I'm actually putting it on too thin and sort of exposing the glitter? Is this happening to anyone else?
Aug 13, 2011, 7:47pm   #4943
kandc88's Avatar
kandc88
Member
Originally Posted by DeanaCal
I have a weird thing happening with Good Gossip. The last couple of times I used it, I ended up with a couple of small areas of silver glitter. Is it possible I'm actually putting it on too thin and sort of exposing the glitter? Is this happening to anyone else?
You're not trying to file it, are you? I have not had this happen.
Aug 13, 2011, 8:10pm   #4944
ferretkingdom's Avatar
ferretkingdom
~Gel polish addict~
Originally Posted by DeanaCal
I have a weird thing happening with Good Gossip. The last couple of times I used it, I ended up with a couple of small areas of silver glitter. Is it possible I'm actually putting it on too thin and sort of exposing the glitter? Is this happening to anyone else?
I've not ever had that happen either. Have you used it over anything with silver glitter that it might have picked up? If you apply it just a tad thicker does that still happen?
Aug 13, 2011, 8:10pm   #4945
D
DeanaCal
Member
Originally Posted by DeanaCal
I have a weird thing happening with Good Gossip. The last couple of times I used it, I ended up with a couple of small areas of silver glitter. Is it possible I'm actually putting it on too thin and sort of exposing the glitter? Is this happening to anyone else?
Originally Posted by kandc88
You're not trying to file it, are you? I have not had this happen.
No, not at all. The first time it happened , I didn't even notice it until a few hours after my mani. I felt a tiny rough spot on one nail, and when I looked at it I saw a couple of pieces of exposed silver glitter. Now that I'm thinking about it more, I wonder if I missed those little spots with the top coat and wiped off a little bit of the color, exposing the glitter. It's a mystery!
Aug 13, 2011, 9:41pm   #4946
wohlgie's Avatar
wohlgie
Elaine
Originally Posted by November_Love
This is the last time I'll post pictures for awhile...I promise, lol!

I did mine with two coats Taffeta, Carnaval Hangover for tips and topped it off with Vegas Nights. Don't mind my left middle finger in the last picture...it has a weird nail plate and it makes the smile line look off.

Flash:



No flash:



Had my husband take a picture of all of them. :)

I love this manicure! How fun!
Aug 13, 2011, 9:53pm   #4947
Blumblee's Avatar
Blumblee
Member
I have been hanging out watching the shellac thread, as that is what I started with, but this seems much more active. I have gotten several of the minis at Sally's and will do one of them on the next mani. I have a question. Is the chocolate mini and the sweet chocolate regular size the same color?
Aug 13, 2011, 9:57pm   #4948
Abersweetie's Avatar
Abersweetie
Member
Alright, I have a question about decals and rhinestones with this stuff. Would I put it on before or after the final top it off coat cure and wipe?
Aug 13, 2011, 11:06pm   #4949
D
DeanaCal
Member
Originally Posted by Blumblee
I have been hanging out watching the shellac thread, as that is what I started with, but this seems much more active. I have gotten several of the minis at Sally's and will do one of them on the next mani. I have a question. Is the chocolate mini and the sweet chocolate regular size the same color?
Yes, fhe Gelish minis are the same colors as the full sizes.
Aug 13, 2011, 11:14pm   #4950
Abersweetie's Avatar
Abersweetie
Member
Another question while Im at it! How many of you dry brush after the foundation coat??

It isn't in the instruction manual, but Ive seen some people do it on their youtube tutorials. My salon didn't do it on me.

What are the pros to doing it vs not doing it?
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools