Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Chanel On your nails....

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Aug 26, 2010, 8:51pm   #1186
babyontheway
Oh- so today I was at Saks in Boston and I had to stop by chanel counter, and I am glad I did, because they had a nail polish I have been looking everywhere for (and thought it was sold out everywhere....) Cosmic violine
I will post pics in the next few days, I just need time to do a quick mani
Aug 26, 2010, 9:35pm   #1187
p
purseproblm
So the Soho collection is out on the 7th, and the khakis on the 10th? Oy my poor poor wallet.
Aug 26, 2010, 10:18pm   #1188
kenseysimone
Originally Posted by purseproblm
So the Soho collection is out on the 7th, and the khakis on the 10th? Oy my poor poor wallet.
I know, right?
Good thing I recently started my 2nd job.

(and im still trying to track down the naked palette)
Aug 26, 2010, 10:48pm   #1189
lightgreen22
Originally Posted by babyontheway
Oh- so today I was at Saks in Boston and I had to stop by chanel counter, and I am glad I did, because they had a nail polish I have been looking everywhere for (and thought it was sold out everywhere....) Cosmic violine
I love CV, such a nice everyday color with a great rainbow-like sparkle

I'm about to give myself a mani with Paradoxal, I can't wait

I'll post
pics when I'm finished
Aug 26, 2010, 10:53pm   #1190
babevivtan
Chanel Cherry. I really this jelly!

Attached Images

Aug 27, 2010, 8:08am   #1191
DeeDeeDelovely
Quiet!Hermes Hunting
^^Cherry is sooo yummy!!
Aug 27, 2010, 10:56am   #1192
laureenthemean
Originally Posted by babyontheway
The Dior polish? There's lots available on ebay!

ETA: Oops, that's Mystic Violine!
Last edited Aug 27, 2010 at 11:01am.
Aug 27, 2010, 10:44pm   #1193
Cheryl
♡ Obsessed
Originally Posted by babevivtan
Chanel Cherry. I really this jelly!

when did this come out? i have never seen cherry before.. its beautiful!
Aug 28, 2010, 12:34am   #1194
lightgreen22
I was flipping through my homework calendar in Calculus and I couldn't help but put a star by Sept 10th
Aug 28, 2010, 7:53am   #1195
Mette
rêveuse
I took some more photos of Steel and Strong today when the light was good. I took a lot more photos of Strong to show how the colour can shift with the light.

It seems to move from a blackberry to a purple with shimmer. It's quite different in the daylight to how it appeared at night which was almost a deep reddy brown/black.

Once it's on the nail, it looks quite flat unless you're in direct sunlight and the shimmer then picks up.

Last edited Aug 28, 2010 at 8:05am.
Aug 28, 2010, 8:59am   #1196
babevivtan
Thank you, I like it very much.
I picked it up sometime last year at the airport but I have never seen it in the stores b4.
Aug 28, 2010, 9:00am   #1197
babevivtan
super nice and u are such a dear to take these pics and post them here for our viewing!
Originally Posted by Mette
I took some more photos of Steel and Strong today when the light was good. I took a lot more photos of Strong to show how the colour can shift with the light.

It seems to move from a blackberry to a purple with shimmer. It's quite different in the daylight to how it appeared at night which was almost a deep reddy brown/black.

Once it's on the nail, it looks quite flat unless you're in direct sunlight and the shimmer then picks up.

Aug 28, 2010, 9:10am   #1198
OnyxBear
Servant of Dogs+Cat
Style.com has a short video interview with Peter Philips about the Soho collection. When he discusses the polishes it looks like he says "Stigma" but the audio says "Strong". Near the end when he runs through the product names and concepts he actually says Stigma. There must have been a last minute name change after the W article was printed.
http://www.style.com/beauty/beautyco...his-own-words/

I can't wait to get these colors. Mette - thanks for posting! You're so lucky to have these already.

babevivtan - Cherry is gorgeous! I've never seen it before. Ah, the colors I've missed out on.
Last edited Aug 28, 2010 at 9:20am.
Aug 28, 2010, 10:41am   #1199
DeeDeeDelovely
Quiet!Hermes Hunting
Originally Posted by OnyxBear
Style.com has a short video interview with Peter Philips about the Soho collection. When he discusses the polishes it looks like he says "Stigma" but the audio says "Strong". Near the end when he runs through the product names and concepts he actually says Stigma. There must have been a last minute name change after the W article was printed.
http://www.style.com/beauty/beautycounter/2010/08/exclusive-peter-philips-chanel-soho-collection-in-his-own-words/

I can't wait to get these colors. Mette - thanks for posting! You're so lucky to have these already.

babevivtan - Cherry is gorgeous! I've never seen it before. Ah, the colors I've missed out on.
ooohhh thank you for the video link, onyxbear. It was a joy to watch him. He is sooo brilliant!
Aug 28, 2010, 11:17am   #1200
hermetic
Originally Posted by Mette

in these photos strong appears to be the color like Paradoxal looked in promo images
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >