Home Beauty & Makeup Nail Care

are long french tip nails still in style

POST A REPLY

Mar 9, 2010, 5:40pm   #1
p
i see a lot of celebs wearing short nails with polish i never see any french tip acrilic nails any more ? i keep mine short cause i have kids and wipe butts all day but i use to like them
Mar 9, 2010, 5:44pm   #2
I see French acrylics all the time. (Most of them are done badly, but hey, that's neither here nor there.) I have no idea if they're "in style" or not, but to be honest, I don't care about that sort of thing. I prefer colour on my nails. I used to wear French manis a lot in the 90's, but I rarely do it now.
Mar 9, 2010, 6:57pm   #3
All I wear is a French Manicure or nothing at all on my nails.
I guess I am one of the few who doesnt care for colors on my nails.
They arent as long as I'd like but I have discovered they get weaker the longer I let them grow, but they are MY nails.
Mar 9, 2010, 7:22pm   #4
I have french acrylics, but I keep mine pretty short. I would rather just do a french mani on my own nails, but it always chips right away and I get frustrated, so this is just easier. I don't like the look of long acrylics at all, especially not with a french manicure.
Mar 9, 2010, 7:56pm   #5
No, French-tip nails are not "in style," and French-tipped acrylics definitely aren't. At least not here in Seattle, NYC, LA, or Boston, where I have friends, or according to any professional fashion sources...
Mar 9, 2010, 11:38pm   #6
D
I think long acrylics of any type aren't really in style anymore, when you look at pictures of female celebs very few have them anymore. I do see people IRL with them, but I don't think they look good and they can make you appear high-maintenance. Shorter acrylics that aren't thick (like the poster a couple posts above has) are probably okay for people that don't have strong nails or want polish to last longer, since these don't usually look as fake.
Mar 10, 2010, 12:10am   #7
^Yeah, people never realize mine are fake unless I tell them since I keep them short enough!
Mar 10, 2010, 6:27pm   #8
Miss Vintage Vogue
I have had french tip acrylics off and on over the past four years and finally I think I am done with them. I can't just change the color and sometimes I like my nails shorter. After a while, your nails feel like they can't breathe and it takes months to grow them back out once you take off the acrylics. I do think short (or medium) NATURAL french tips are pretty. I do that a lot with mine and I think it looks really nice. I see a lot of people out with acrylic french tips and while they may look beautiful on someone else, I don't like them for me anymore.
Mar 12, 2010, 11:00pm   #9
i often sport french tips

i love the look because it looks very neat and clean

goes with everything
Mar 13, 2010, 8:21am   #10
v
I think that lighter, shorter versions of french tips are more trendy. The old french manicure was long, oval nails with a stark contrast of bright white and the sheer pink. These days, it's more of a medium to short nail lengths with a pale white/pink combo to look more natural.
Mar 13, 2010, 1:35pm   #11
Originally Posted by scott_f
i often sport french tips

i love the look because it looks very neat and clean

goes with everything
I totally agree with this. I was tempted to get my nails painted instead of getting my normal french mani last time I got them filled. Like two days later, I found out that I have to go to a professional event and wear a suit, so I'm glad I just got french because it looks wayy more polished than the hot pink I wanted

Originally Posted by vhdos
I think that lighter, shorter versions of french tips are more trendy. The old french manicure was long, oval nails with a stark contrast of bright white and the sheer pink. These days, it's more of a medium to short nail lengths with a pale white/pink combo to look more natural.
That's how mine are...they airbrush the french tip, so it's not as bright white as it would be if it were painted on. When I get home, I paint my own super pale pink polish over them so they look prettier :) and I don't feel like paying the salon more money to paint AND airbrush them when I can easily do it myself lol.
Mar 13, 2010, 2:34pm   #12
s
I'm in the nY metropolitan area and french tips are always in. I would say that people tend to be wearing their nails a little on the shorter side. You can never go wrong with a french tip. The other option I still see a lot of as spring approaches is the pale pink or peige colors like bubble bath (OPI), etc.
Mar 13, 2010, 2:56pm   #13
I see tons of people still wearing french tips. They seem to be pretty popular, even though I don't like the look. When it comes to nail trends I don't care whats "in style" I wear what I like.
Mar 13, 2010, 4:44pm   #14
☆★twinkle★☆
I don't really care for the acrylic look too much, but I still see it quite a bit. I see people with colorful tips moreso than white acrylic french tip, I think colorful nails are more 'in style' than french tips now.
Mar 13, 2010, 4:47pm   #15
R
Roo
I think it's a regional thing and depends on where you live.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Nail Care