Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Union Jack Limited Edition 2012 Diamond Jubilee

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 28, 2012, 1:53am   #61
w
wilkson69
Member
Originally Posted by serene
Previously I wanted to get a Lily at some point but yesterday when I went to try it on again - I HAD TO have it! so I got the limited edition Lily in oak! I noticed at home that they also gave me Tatler's magazine and a cookie flag. Quickly checked through the pages yesterday and I guess that after today I'll know everything there is to know about the Queen so ask me anything!!

Too bad the Jubilee will be in the rain I'm heading to Amsterdam for a few days on Sunday so might not be able to see the whole show (NOT joining the million people outside!! so tv is the only chance to see it) but I would have loved to have the same sunny weather what we had few weeks ago.
Hi Serene,

I am looking at getting the Union Jack bayswater.....but as am in Australia, cannot actually see one up close. Can you tell me if the postman's lock is polished (both on the outside and the inside) as opposed to the usual 'matt' finish on the lock? Thanks so much.....
Jun 28, 2012, 3:48am   #62
serene's Avatar
serene
Vintage since '08
Originally Posted by wilkson69
Hi Serene,

I am looking at getting the Union Jack bayswater.....but as am in Australia, cannot actually see one up close. Can you tell me if the postman's lock is polished (both on the outside and the inside) as opposed to the usual 'matt' finish on the lock? Thanks so much.....
Hopefully this is what you're looking for. So the flag is only on the front, and behind the flap and on the bag itself where the lock-thingy is, is just an ordinary plate without anything extra. Like in this picture
Attached Images
 
Jun 29, 2012, 2:21am   #63
w
wilkson69
Member
Originally Posted by serene
Hopefully this is what you're looking for. So the flag is only on the front, and behind the flap and on the bag itself where the lock-thingy is, is just an ordinary plate without anything extra. Like in this picture
Thanks so much.....that does help. One last question, are the plates shown in the picture you have posted polished or matt......they look polished, but just want to double check! Thanks again for helping.....
Jun 29, 2012, 5:08am   #64
serene's Avatar
serene
Vintage since '08
Originally Posted by wilkson69
Thanks so much.....that does help. One last question, are the plates shown in the picture you have posted polished or matt......they look polished, but just want to double check! Thanks again for helping.....
Good! I would say.. polished. Very shiny
Jun 29, 2012, 9:47am   #65
F
Funfriday
Member
Love the jubilee edition. Very patriotic :0)
Jun 29, 2012, 11:20am   #66
serene's Avatar
serene
Vintage since '08
Originally Posted by wilkson69
Thanks so much.....that does help. One last question, are the plates shown in the picture you have posted polished or matt......they look polished, but just want to double check! Thanks again for helping.....
no, sorry! the flag on the front - it's party polished partly matte. Haven't been using this bag for awhile and already forgetting how it looks
Aug 16, 2012, 11:39am   #67
h
hoeastie73
Member
Well I've just ordered my new ltd edition bays water with the union jack postmans lock.
It's my treat to myself and I can't wait for it to arrive I'm so excited
Aug 16, 2012, 1:11pm   #68
R
Roxaholic
Member
Originally Posted by J.A.N.
Ive only gone and blooming bought it the oak ostrich lily from the ltd edition online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dream has come true no more buying for me now.
Thanks to IwantANewBag who hepled me decide.
Yaaay...Jan.....thought you'd gone a little quiet...you dark horse, you
Aug 16, 2012, 6:23pm   #69
J.A.N.'s Avatar
J.A.N.
Bag Nutter
Originally Posted by Roxaholic
Yaaay...Jan.....thought you'd gone a little quiet...you dark horse, you
Ha ha i cant remember how many i have bought since i really do need help.
I am really happy Mulberry collection at present.
The blueberry goatskin clutch which im not using and keeping for my birthday and i havent been tempted good sign eh and OMG i need an L/V now. Which one ids the question Nautipidigins has a ribera which is just fab
Aug 17, 2012, 11:47am   #70
R
Roxaholic
Member
Originally Posted by J.A.N.
Ha ha i cant remember how many i have bought since i really do need help.
I am really happy Mulberry collection at present.
The blueberry goatskin clutch which im not using and keeping for my birthday and i havent been tempted good sign eh and OMG i need an L/V now. Which one ids the question Nautipidigins has a ribera which is just fab
Oh crikey, I fear I am potentially about to be disloyal too (whisper!).....I really have become rather interested in Bal/Chloe......uh oh.....but it's nice just to take a breather and enjoy what we have, eh?!...
Aug 19, 2012, 11:51am   #71
h
hoeastie73
Member
well my wait is soon over......tomorrow my ltd edition union jack bayswater finally arrives.

I'm so glad i went ahead and bought it as they have sold out online, and the lady in mulberry said last week it was the fastest selling bag out of their range, so that kind of made me feel better for spending all that money.

i just hope i like it now when it arrives
Aug 19, 2012, 2:35pm   #72
Cupcake2008's Avatar
Cupcake2008
Member
Originally Posted by hoeastie73
well my wait is soon over......tomorrow my ltd edition union jack bayswater finally arrives.

I'm so glad i went ahead and bought it as they have sold out online, and the lady in mulberry said last week it was the fastest selling bag out of their range, so that kind of made me feel better for spending all that money.

i just hope i like it now when it arrives
Love the union jack range Looking forward to seeing your reveal tomorrow
Aug 20, 2012, 9:29am   #73
h
hoeastie73
Member
I MY BAG!!!!

well it arrived today, and i have to say i love it, it looks fantsatic and smells gorgeous.
i'm so pleased with it...

who ever thought one could get so excited about a handbag...i will post some pictures later of it
Aug 20, 2012, 9:37am   #74
Somersetlove's Avatar
Somersetlove
Member
Originally Posted by hoeastie73
I MY BAG!!!!

well it arrived today, and i have to say i love it, it looks fantsatic and smells gorgeous.
i'm so pleased with it...

who ever thought one could get so excited about a handbag...i will post some pictures later of it
Congrats! I really love mine, we're bag twins!
Aug 20, 2012, 9:43am   #75
h
hoeastie73
Member
i am a bagaholic, but this by far is my favourite,,,twins yay!!! lol
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools