Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Reveal....and advice...

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 22, 2012, 10:29am   #31
sugna's Avatar
Thread Starter
sugna
Member
Originally Posted by Cupcake2008
Another reveal....exciting!!! How soon is soon??!
Eeee when she's delivered, fingers crossed, today. Obviously I'll have another drama!!
Jun 22, 2012, 10:31am   #32
sugna's Avatar
Thread Starter
sugna
Member
Originally Posted by Roxaholic
Crikey - how complicated! - but glad you are happy with her - all this confusion aside, that's really all that matters
It is complicated. My heart was a bit heavy last night.... but I truly love her

I'm going to take some more flattering photos to show her at her best and get them on soon
Jun 22, 2012, 11:04am   #33
J
Jacquel1ne
Account Deactivated
Congrats,
I love the way she hangs, very different to leather

I bought this bag last Nov and really love her. She has held up surprising well and I used her a lot at Christmas and had loads of compliments

Do you mind me asking how much you paid, curious how much they are in the Outlets
Jun 22, 2012, 11:10am   #34
sugna's Avatar
Thread Starter
sugna
Member
Originally Posted by Jacquel1ne
Congrats,
I love the way she hangs, very different to leather

I bought this bag last Nov and really love her. She has held up surprising well and I used her a lot at Christmas and had loads of compliments

Do you mind me asking how much you paid, curious how much they are in the Outlets
Yes, you're right she does hang lovely...and I don't feel I have to be too precious with her and I'm not worrying about irregular leather grain or wrinkling etc.

I paid 434 last week.... I think a bit of a bargain for an oversized alexa. And I do plan to use her, A LOT! The colour is just so versatile and goes with everything!
Jun 22, 2012, 1:10pm   #35
J
Jacquel1ne
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by sugna
Yes, you're right she does hang lovely...and I don't feel I have to be too precious with her and I'm not worrying about irregular leather grain or wrinkling etc.

I paid 434 last week.... I think a bit of a bargain for an oversized alexa. And I do plan to use her, A LOT! The colour is just so versatile and goes with everything!
I agree, lovely to have a bag you don't have to take so much care over, with a bit of glam

and yes an absolute bargain
Jun 22, 2012, 1:35pm   #36
sugna's Avatar
Thread Starter
sugna
Member
Originally Posted by Jacquel1ne
I agree, lovely to have a bag you don't have to take so much care over, with a bit of glam

and yes an absolute bargain
You've had yours for a few months and say she's wearing surprising well... are there any things I should watch out for? Does the cotton stretch? Did you think she would have problems? The only thing I'm going to be careful of is over filling her.

Maybe the next time you have her out you could put some photos up of how she looks now. Thanks for the info...
Jun 22, 2012, 3:16pm   #37
Shiny n new's Avatar
Shiny n new
Member
Originally Posted by sugna
I do really love her

But I'm going to phone today and get advice... I mean they can't MAKE me send her back, so I'll see what they say.

Should I phone Becky at Bicester or should I call Customer Services??

I've used her every single day for the last week....eeek! And I have to be honest and say I'm not precious with my bags, I bought an AG black Roxanne from another PFer last year and I'd be embarrassed to post a picture of her now....again I LOVE her too!

The most annoying thing is that they have a ss large lily in York that I really really really would love....but they can't send it out cos it's a sub grrrrrr!
.... Road trip!!!!
Jun 22, 2012, 3:26pm   #38
sugna's Avatar
Thread Starter
sugna
Member
Originally Posted by Shiny n new
.... Road trip!!!!
There could be something in that... The wee purchase from Bond St has still NOT arrived (ordered on Tuesday morning) I could have walked to York and back in this time!
Jun 22, 2012, 3:40pm   #39
Shiny n new's Avatar
Shiny n new
Member
Originally Posted by sugna

There could be something in that... The wee purchase from Bond St has still NOT arrived (ordered on Tuesday morning) I could have walked to York and back in this time!
Is definitely a sign.... do it!
Jun 22, 2012, 5:30pm   #40
J
Jacquel1ne
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by sugna
You've had yours for a few months and say she's wearing surprising well... are there any things I should watch out for? Does the cotton stretch? Did you think she would have problems? The only thing I'm going to be careful of is over filling her.

Maybe the next time you have her out you could put some photos up of how she looks now. Thanks for the info...
I will get some photos uploaded for you this weekend...........hectic tomorrow so probably be Saturday
x
Jun 22, 2012, 6:10pm   #41
wulie's Avatar
wulie
No Sofa No Buy
I can completely understand why you'd be surprised/disappointed to receive a sub unexpectedly, but quite often the "flaw" is not noticeable or minute - and there's no extra discount in the Outlets vs their other stock anyway! I'd be tempted to keep if I was happy with it, to avoid the hassle of return / receipt of another unseen...

Very interesting about the kindle fitting the pouch - I shall have to try mine....!!!
(really like the purse & other pouch - guess they're non-M though!)
Jun 22, 2012, 6:43pm   #42
sugna's Avatar
Thread Starter
sugna
Member
Originally Posted by wulie
I can completely understand why you'd be surprised/disappointed to receive a sub unexpectedly, but quite often the "flaw" is not noticeable or minute - and there's no extra discount in the Outlets vs their other stock anyway! I'd be tempted to keep if I was happy with it, to avoid the hassle of return / receipt of another unseen...

Very interesting about the kindle fitting the pouch - I shall have to try mine....!!!
(really like the purse & other pouch - guess they're non-M though!)
I was just so shocked last night!
But I'm delighted to keep her
I never thought the keyboard kindle would fit...that was a lovely surprise, like I said its a bit tight but works fine for me.
The other purse and pouch are lloyd baker bargain finds from tkmaxx... They are lovely IRL too
You know what....I'm a whole lot happier tonight
Jun 26, 2012, 4:52pm   #43
J
Jacquel1ne
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by sugna
So I hadn't actually planned to do a reveal this evening, but decided to take some photos of two of purchases to be organised. So here's some pictures before I get to my face!!
As promised some photos of my Alexa, she is regular size. I used her quite a lot around Christmas time but then put her away.
Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 5:08pm.
Jun 26, 2012, 5:04pm   #44
J
Jacquel1ne
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by sugna
So I hadn't actually planned to do a reveal this evening, but decided to take some photos of two of purchases to be organised. So here's some pictures before I get to my face!!
There are no signs of wear anywhere as you will see. I think it's far more of a robust bag than you would expect. I thought the sparkle might come off but I can't see that it has anywhere and there is no sign of wear to the corners

There are lots of plus factors, very lite, hangs beautifully and is a very carefree bag

Enjoy your new purchase............
Attached Images
     
Jun 26, 2012, 5:04pm   #45
sugna's Avatar
Thread Starter
sugna
Member
Originally Posted by Jacquel1ne
As promised some photos of my Alexa, she is regular size. I used her quite a lot around Christmas time but then put her away.

There are no signs of wear anywhere as you will see. I think it's far more of a robust bag than you would expect. I thought the sparkle might come off but I can't see that it has anywhere and there is no sign of wear to the corners

There are lots of plus factors, very lite, hangs beautifully and is a very carefree bag

Enjoy............
I'm looking forward to them, thank you
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools