Home Premier Designers Mulberry

My 1st Mulberry Reveal! Question: Keep or not?

POST A REPLY

Jul 15, 2012, 3:57am   #16
C
Caribbean Princess
It looks fantastic on you both cross body and handheld, not overwhelming at all.
Jul 15, 2012, 4:06am   #17
a
I have midnight blue silk snake Alexa in regular size and I am short too.
So I bring the strap to a cobbler's shop and have it shortened by 5 inches.
Now I really enjoy carrying it cross body and on the shoulder. Maybe you can try?
Jul 15, 2012, 4:15am   #18
I think it looks fine but only you can decide.
Jul 15, 2012, 4:21am   #19
Just Flippin' Mental
Originally Posted by lisalisagogogo
OK. now my question comes.
I am super petite (5'1, with a tiny frame) . I got the Alexa in the regular size. I *think* it looks fine when I carry it on my arm (see the first picture below). But the moment I start to wear it as a crossbody, it looks quite overwhelming on me :(...and even worse when I just carry it on my shoulder.
The mini Alexa on the other hand, is IMO too small and doesn't hold enough.

I've been debating for hours. Need your opinions, please!!!
My honest opinion is that it looks too big on you from the picture.
It looks better held in the hand than cross body.
Hope you make the right decision.
Jul 15, 2012, 4:23am   #20
I think it looks nice worn both ways but particularly on the arm :) the colour is gorgeous!
Jul 15, 2012, 12:46pm   #21
R
OK. now my question comes.
I am super petite (5'1, with a tiny frame) . I got the Alexa in the regular size. I *think* it looks fine when I carry it on my arm (see the first picture below). But the moment I start to wear it as a crossbody, it looks quite overwhelming on me :(...and even worse when I just carry it on my shoulder.
The mini Alexa on the other hand, is IMO too small and doesn't hold enough.

I've been debating for hours. Need your opinions, please!!!
Gorgeous bag! - and you rock it in crook of arm! - but I agree with the general consensus that it does look a little overwhelming when crossbody - but, as I think someone else pointed out - it looks more so with bare legs - and with super toned slender ones like that - the more so - but with jeans, longer skirts I think it would look fine - I have similar prob but am much taller, so I think that balances it out!! But I would keep - all said, it suits you well
Jul 15, 2012, 2:46pm   #22
s
Its gorgeous but it does look bigger than regular i have a few regular alexas and yours looks bigger
Jul 15, 2012, 3:19pm   #23
Wow why a beautiful bag... Congrats!!

SHe looks beautiful when held but agree cross body she looks a lot bigger, thought it was the o/s! have u tried her with jeans???
Jul 16, 2012, 2:52pm   #24
S
It looks great x
Jul 16, 2012, 3:10pm   #25
Wow congrats on your alexa as well! Do you have photos? I cannot wait to see them :)
I'll definitely try to match her with jeans and let you know how it goes (it's getting super super hot here today and I think I have to wait till it cools down a bit first). LOL
I've started a couple of threads revealing my regular Alexa and my mini Alexa, so check them out

How did you get on with jeans? The weather where you are sounds fab - here in the UK, it's been raining for what feels like every day of this year so far!
Jul 17, 2012, 12:57am   #26
f
it won't work if you want to wear it cross-body, but if you want to try wearing it on the shoulder without actually altering the strap maybe try this:

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/...ap-715218.html

I'm 5'8" but found the strap too long and am much happier using it this way - use the bag loads more now.
Jul 17, 2012, 1:35am   #27
c
It looks great and classic!! Keep it!
Jul 17, 2012, 2:18pm   #28
Yes keep it as it looks great on you. It is definitely the regular and I personally don't think your height makes much difference which ever way you style.
Jul 18, 2012, 9:08am   #29
Gorgeous bag but I do find it a little big on you crossbody. Looks great on your arm though!
Jul 18, 2012, 9:25am   #30
I like the bag and i like it on your arm.It looks big on you crossbody when you are wearing summer clothes.I think it isn't so when you wear a cardigan or something.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Mulberry