Home Premier Designers Mulberry

Mulberry CHAT Thread

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Feb 15, 2011, 11:30am   #61
agree with you on Jane Norman RR- mind you - you have to be weeny to fit in their clothes- I have a close friend who is 38 and wears nothing else- and I do so want to tell her to dress her age- everything is so short and tight- and thats her workwear but thats just me being a fuddy duddy- she has just got married and not calmed down at all!!
Feb 15, 2011, 11:31am   #62
[QUOTE=Midlands lass;18052124]
Originally Posted by hipcity99

I might just have to try that. I find it difficult to ignore my inner sceptic regarding alternative therapies being medical, but lots of people have told me reflexology worked for them.
It took me 18 months to learn to ignore the ringing initially and mostly I am fine. It has flared up twice to the point of needing sleeping pills so I will def look into this. Willing to try anything to avoid being bothered by it again. It's funny isn't it- it's hard for other people to understand how unpleasant it is to never be able to appreciate silence!!
My DH has had tinnitus for as long as he can remember - when he was young, he thought everyone had it! Bizarrely, his hearing is amazing in that he can hear squeaks, creaks, etc that I can't. Presumably, he's somehow trained himself to listen out for noises whereas I'm totally oblivious
Feb 15, 2011, 11:32am   #63
Thankfully I have never had tinnitus but can imagine that it is horrible. In my younger years of going nightclubbing - I would come home and try to go to sleep and I would hear a ringing in my ears. If it is like that on a permanent basis it must be hard to live with.

If anyone has read The Southern Vampire Chronicles the main character, Sookie, never has silence in her head - as she can hear other people's thoughts. Only in the company of vampires does she have silence! But...I digress.

LadyBo - as regards the dribbling - you only think you got away with it. When the aromatherapist was clearing up after you left, you can bet she saw the puddle of drool. Lol.
But I also bet it was not the first or the last drool that she has seen!

EDIT - I knew I was right - have just seen Ratrat's post!!!
Feb 15, 2011, 11:40am   #64
Ratatat!

Feb 15, 2011, 11:41am   #65
Originally Posted by ratrat
Good evening - afternoon?

Talking about Teenagers' fasion, can I ask what is the general opinion over 'Jane norman'? Tbh I don't like some of their clothes, imo too tarty. I can live with cheap & cheerful high street teenage clothed DD but somehow have positive reaction against Jane Norman. Of course DD thinks I'm too old to understand. Eeeeeek! Sorry if any of you are fun - just my totally personal (Mary Whitehouse) opinion!

Riff, still sending good vibes to your family...
Interestingly, my DD has always hated Jane Norman and wouldn't be seen dead in anything from there, she won't even step inside the shop. She's always inferred that it's a certain type of girl who wears JN clothes, iykwim.
I think Top Shop, Miss Selfridge, H&M, and New Look are safer bets if you can steer her in that direction. Trouble is, I think JN is a bit of a cult amongst some teenagers so it's probably peer pressure more than anything else.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:50am   #66
Jo C
[QUOTE=sme99;18052312]
Originally Posted by Midlands lass

My DH has had tinnitus for as long as he can remember - when he was young, he thought everyone had it! Bizarrely, his hearing is amazing in that he can hear squeaks, creaks, etc that I can't. Presumably, he's somehow trained himself to listen out for noises whereas I'm totally oblivious
At least your other half can hear you. Mine usually pretends to be deaf - especially when I'm saying something he doesn't want to hear!!
Feb 15, 2011, 11:50am   #67
Ratatat!
Originally Posted by elvisfan4life
agree with you on Jane Norman RR- mind you - you have to be weeny to fit in their clothes- I have a close friend who is 38 and wears nothing else- and I do so want to tell her to dress her age- everything is so short and tight- and thats her workwear but thats just me being a fuddy duddy- she has just got married and not calmed down at all!!
Glad I'm not alone! Mmmm 38 is a bit much for JN - she must be very proud of her figure or something I guess??

Originally Posted by sme99
Interestingly, my DD has always hated Jane Norman and wouldn't be seen dead in anything from there, she won't even step inside the shop. She's always inferred that it's a certain type of girl who wears JN clothes, iykwim.
I think Top Shop, Miss Selfridge, H&M, and New Look are safer bets if you can steer her in that direction. Trouble is, I think JN is a bit of a cult amongst some teenagers so it's probably peer pressure more than anything else.
Yes, Abercrombie/Hollister I could accept (expensive though!) but for JN, my DD's figure is not suited at all, but I cannot really say like that - I shall keep her in normal high street shops!!
Feb 15, 2011, 11:59am   #68
I am not keen on Jane Norman i think New Look H and M Top shop etc is better, i see the teenage girls going to school with their JN carriers so it must be THE thing luckily i only have a DS.
Feb 15, 2011, 12:31pm   #69
[QUOTE=ratrat;18052522]Glad I'm not alone! Mmmm 38 is a bit much for JN - she must be very proud of her figure or something I guess??

she is very beautiful - but Im afraid it is all surgically enhanced!!
Feb 15, 2011, 12:55pm   #70
[QUOTE=elvisfan4life;18052956]
Originally Posted by ratrat
Glad I'm not alone! Mmmm 38 is a bit much for JN - she must be very proud of her figure or something I guess??

she is very beautiful - but Im afraid it is all surgically enhanced!!
Beautiful or not, there comes a point when you have to accept you're no longer a teenager
Feb 15, 2011, 1:17pm   #71
Originally Posted by elvisfan4life
I got an order from Liz Earle today- and as usual a full price additional product was popped in for being such a long standing customer with a lovely personal letter- I love that firm they know all about customer service!! I had already got a free candle for spending above a certain amount so didnt expect any more this time but they offer such a personal service that a got another item on top as per usual- they never forget!
I agree Riff buy some decleor for sm it worked well on my appendix scar and my laporoscopy scar!

Diane what a lovely company I bought some stuff from QVC x

Just read what happened with the shunt, at least the operation is over and done must be a weight off their mind to a degree. Have the knocked her out or is she awake having to stay on her back?

My dd had tonsillectomy and andectomy tonsils and addenoids out after was so awful poor mite kept crying and coughing so I had to go down to recovery and she couldn't stop working herself up so made her bleed more, It was worse then I thought and was so difficult dh was at home with ds who was 3 weeks old, think the baby hormones weren't helping.

Anyhow they forgot to put grommets in so dd going for a operation on 17th Match for grommets, I know it is a simple procedure and nothing like the sm's but I still worry.

Fingers crossed sm is not in any pain!

You are now our medical guru ML x

Lorelei I have a bone to pick with you, I have now become a regular at the Hotel Chocolat shop in my town arghhhhhhhh nooooo so much choice!
Thanks for the laugh. i think we have some TPF from Germany here x

I love haribo pasta it's like sour mini belts i bought them in Mexico but cannot find them over here maybe the German site has them!

LadyBo my mum was awful to me today and I ended up crying into my blueberry muffin it helped x

Riff personally I have never shopped there even when I was younger I too think they are slightly tarty even Topshop is better imo.
Feb 15, 2011, 1:19pm   #72
Found some more yummy shoes though
http://www.theoutnet.com/product/220548
Feb 15, 2011, 1:25pm   #73
Hi all.

I've just asked my dd (15) about JN and she said she doesn't really like their stuff. One of her friends used to and I must say she has worn some odd things in the past, which says it all. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. My dd wears lots of striped tops and quite a lot of black, although not at all the goth look and she is beginning to buy other colours a bit more now.

Have my parents with me this week and my dad's hearing aid stopped working - he is more or less deaf without it, but luckily we managed to get it sorted out today as it was quite hard work!
Feb 15, 2011, 1:27pm   #74
Glad things are a little more sorted Riff.

Hope you're feeling more positive now Elvis.

I think reflexology is great - no idea why it works, but it does seem to help.
Feb 15, 2011, 1:50pm   #75
T
Thanks for the well wishes, not better, but not worse either. Hopefully it'll stay the same tomorrow. Going out for a meal with work at a lovely fish restaurant!

ratters, had to laugh! Yes, I can drink a bottle of wine and still feel I could drive a car perfectly (will never try that theory though!)
elvis, perfect timing on your Liz Earle order!
fuzzog, depends on which temperature it has been stored in. Only way to find out, is to open it though
riff, happy to hear the op went well. Hope her scar will heal well=)
Lorelai, hope you order arrives safely! Have you got any plans for tomorrow?
snow, hope you and your parents have a good time!

I'm home alone, watching some new episodes of my various tv series and baking bread. BF out with the boys eating burgers and watching football.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME Premier Designers Mulberry