Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Identify This Mulberry

POST A REPLY

Mar 10, 2013, 7:32am   #1006
jj0
Hi all I've just won this bag on eBay, but have no idea what it is. The seller said it was her mums and she'd had it for at least 20 years.

Mar 10, 2013, 7:47pm   #1007
jj0
Originally Posted by jj0
Hi all I've just won this bag on eBay, but have no idea what it is. The seller said it was her mums and she'd had it for at least 20 years.

To answer my own question, I think it's a Matilda. Does anyone know how old she might be?
Mar 11, 2013, 5:59am   #1008
JazzyJay
Yes, it's a Matilda and it looks to be in tan amazon leather (not congo, as it may appear). It isn't that old though, around 2005/6 ish, I think.
Mar 11, 2013, 2:02pm   #1009
blondnic

Nicked this vintage Mulberry from my mum. Black congo I think?
Mar 12, 2013, 10:41am   #1010
jj0
Originally Posted by jj0
To answer my own question, I think it's a Matilda. Does anyone know how old she might be?
Originally Posted by JazzyJay
Yes, it's a Matilda and it looks to be in tan amazon leather (not congo, as it may appear). It isn't that old though, around 2005/6 ish, I think.
What is the difference between amazon and Congo leather? I've not been able to find any info.
Mar 13, 2013, 5:40am   #1011
JazzyJay
Originally Posted by jj0
What is the difference between amazon and Congo leather? I've not been able to find any info.
It's essentially the same, except congo has a gloss finish applied, and amazon is matt.
Mar 13, 2013, 9:00am   #1012
jj0
Originally Posted by JazzyJay
It's essentially the same, except congo has a gloss finish applied, and amazon is matt.
Thank you
Mar 19, 2013, 2:41pm   #1013
Geddes
Sorry no pictures but.............
Around 3 or 4 years ago there was a bag i saw (on more than one person) which was shaped like the Daria hobo but had a plaque like the Mitzy / Bella.

Anyone know what this could be ? Despite trailing through ebay for a good few years now at Mulberry bags, but not specifically for the one i am asking about, i have yet to see one on there.
Mar 19, 2013, 5:05pm   #1014
gunsandbanjos
Originally Posted by Geddes
Sorry no pictures but.............
Around 3 or 4 years ago there was a bag i saw (on more than one person) which was shaped like the Daria hobo but had a plaque like the Mitzy / Bella.

Anyone know what this could be ? Despite trailing through ebay for a good few years now at Mulberry bags, but not specifically for the one i am asking about, i have yet to see one on there.
Wasn't a Hayden was it?
Mar 19, 2013, 5:12pm   #1015
Geddes
Originally Posted by gunsandbanjos
Wasn't a Hayden was it?
Not from the images i can see it isnt. From what i remember it was smooth leather and is / was very similar to a Mitzy, Bella as in where the plaque was. Not sure when these bags came about but it was def 3 or more years ago.
Mar 20, 2013, 4:06am   #1016
elvisfan4life
Not a bonnie was it geddes
Mar 20, 2013, 4:25am   #1017
ratrat
Ratatat!
I'm not good at names, but I would like to know now!

Why not draw a picture on the paper, take a photo and show us from your memory!?? (or life is too short for that, lol) I have terrible imagination so absolutely no idea, apart from thinking of Mitzy hobo!
Mar 20, 2013, 5:18am   #1018
Geddes
Originally Posted by elvisfan4life
Not a bonnie was it geddes
No but i wouldnt mind one of those to replace my PLS
Mar 20, 2013, 5:20am   #1019
Geddes
Originally Posted by ratrat
I'm not good at names, but I would like to know now!

Why not draw a picture on the paper, take a photo and show us from your memory!?? (or life is too short for that, lol) I have terrible imagination so absolutely no idea, apart from thinking of Mitzy hobo!

I think my description is more reliable but i am begining to wonder if my memory is.......It might be that i have been in such a quandry over which black bag to buy that i have dreampt this one up.
Mar 20, 2013, 6:46am   #1020
elvisfan4life
I could only think of bonnie or bella hobo?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >