Home Premier Designers Mulberry

Do Bayswaters become slouchy?

POST A REPLY

Jul 20, 2012, 12:50pm   #31
B
I have had the oak bayswater for a year and think that it still is in the same shape as I bought it. I have used it almost everyday.
Jul 31, 2012, 12:57pm   #32
Hi guys,

So I recently bought a Bayswater from Naughtipidgin and wanted a solution to the "saggy bottom". I had a look on UK Etsy and managed to find a handbag base liner made of acrylic to resolve the problem - http://www.etsy.com/shop/JohnnysBottoms?ref=seller_info

Now I seem to have been lucky and my Bays holds its shape well, but I think the photos show the difference the base liner makes. Hope this helps anyone who is having an issue with a saggy/slouchy bottom

Base liner and contents of bag...
Attached Images

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 1:21pm.
Jul 31, 2012, 12:59pm   #33
Before and after photos. As I said my Bays holds its shape well, but I think you can see the difference:
Attached Images

Jul 31, 2012, 1:02pm   #34
If I was going to order this again, I would have measured slightly tighter length ways, as I left some space which means it may have the potential to move around a bit at the bottom of the bag. I didn't want to measure too tight as I didn't want it to look really obvious that there was something at the bottom of the bag, but I think I was a bit too conservative when I measured.

Hope this helps someone!
Jul 31, 2012, 1:17pm   #35
Originally Posted by Baby2011
I have had the oak bayswater for a year and think that it still is in the same shape as I bought it. I have used it almost everyday.
It really does depend on the leather your bag is made from, the weight you put into it and how - eg: balanced or not - as much as frequency of use.
Jul 31, 2012, 1:28pm   #36
R
Originally Posted by Somersetlove
Before and after photos. As I said my Bays holds its shape well, but I think you can see the difference:
Wow! - all slouchy and saggy bottoms apply here!!!!!

You really can see the difference, esp along the bottom!!......
Jul 31, 2012, 1:31pm   #37
R
Originally Posted by Mooshooshoo
It really does depend on the leather your bag is made from, the weight you put into it and how - eg: balanced or not - as much as frequency of use.
Absolutely fair point - and I reckon a structured liner will enable contents to be more neatly and securely packed, so therefore a more even weight distribution. My, how technical us ladies become with our bag issues!!!.....
Jul 31, 2012, 2:30pm   #38
Originally Posted by Somersetlove

Wow! That's an excellent result and at only 12 it's money very well spent!
Aug 1, 2012, 3:57am   #39
I've had mine for about 4 years (black Buffalo shine), I've used it a lot (I used to use it for work with my laptop in it) and it has become slouchy which I really like. When I put stuff inside it holds its shape perfectly but when empty it doesn't stand on its own. It's a big plus for me as I love slouchy bags and it's great to have a work bag that looks structured and still relaxed
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Mulberry