Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Disappointed with my effie sale purchase

POST A REPLY

Jun 19, 2012, 4:41pm   #1
C
CPrincessUK
Caribbean Princess
So I was looking forward to receiving my purchase today and couldn't wait to get her! Unfortunately the inside suede flap had some dirty marks and looked completely handled :-( I ordered from mulberry house of fraser but sadly she will need to go back.

So sad :-(

I hope everyone else isn't disappointed!
Jun 19, 2012, 4:45pm   #2
Cupcake2008
Oh no CP, I'm really disappointed for you! Are you going to try to find another one?
Jun 19, 2012, 4:49pm   #3
a
armcandy3
lab rat
That's rubbish CP. The one I seen today on display in Edinburgh had biro mark on the outside at the front - shocking! Don't know if they had any more, but they had them in HOF glasgow and mulberry Glasgow too. I quite liked them :)
Jun 19, 2012, 4:50pm   #4
Daisylou
Oh no, how disappointing for you! Why do they send bags out like this, it's really not good enough!!
Jun 19, 2012, 4:59pm   #5
C
CPrincessUK
Caribbean Princess
I specifically told the SA I wanted one in perfect condition and she said there was one in the store room in addition to the display.

It was meant to be a little treat post yet another exam but she will have to go back.

I don't think I will look for another one as I am now afraid it would wear very badly and I like my bags to remain pristine.

Might save some more and get a never full!! It is bomb proof, I love the appearance of DE and hope I don't get one with faulty straps!

I hope everyone else gets good bags!
Jun 19, 2012, 5:04pm   #6
C
CPrincessUK
Caribbean Princess
Originally Posted by Cupcake2008
Oh no CP, I'm really disappointed for you! Are you going to try to find another one?
Probably not as DH prefers my Darias and my fuchsia epi alma. He thinks the hardware on the effie looks 'cheaper' :-( and can't see why I liked it in the first instance. But he said he will get me something in mulberry Heathrow when he is next passing through.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Originally Posted by armcandy3
That's rubbish CP. The one I seen today on display in Edinburgh had biro mark on the outside at the front - shocking! Don't know if they had any more, but they had them in HOF glasgow and mulberry Glasgow too. I quite liked them :)
That is shocking! Do they think people are blind?
Jun 19, 2012, 5:05pm   #7
C
CPrincessUK
Caribbean Princess
Originally Posted by Daisylou
Oh no, how disappointing for you! Why do they send bags out like this, it's really not good enough!!
I know :-( I feel sad.
Jun 19, 2012, 5:06pm   #8
R
Roxaholic
Originally Posted by CPrincessUK
So I was looking forward to receiving my purchase today and couldn't wait to get her! Unfortunately the inside suede flap had some dirty marks and looked completely handled :-( I ordered from mulberry house of fraser but sadly she will need to go back.

Oh dear - I feel for you honey - how disappointing.....
Jun 19, 2012, 5:06pm   #9
Cupcake2008
What a lovely and understanding DH you have!! Bless him and you have him well trained!
Jun 19, 2012, 5:08pm   #10
Shiny n new

I know :-( I feel sad.
Oh no I feel sad for you... It's so disappointing I hope your dh gets you something very very lovely to make you happy
Jun 19, 2012, 5:09pm   #11
C
CPrincessUK
Caribbean Princess
Originally Posted by Roxaholic
Oh dear - I feel for you honey - how disappointing.....
Thanks for your support. You TPF ladies are lovely and so glad you understand.

Originally Posted by Cupcake2008
What a lovely and understanding DH you have!! Bless him and you have him well trained!
I do! He didn't seem keen when I said I would just get a never full! Hahaha. There is nothing in mulberry making me go wow at the moment. Maybe I have enough bags? Say it ain't so!
Jun 19, 2012, 5:16pm   #12
WolfieluvsBags
I specifically told the SA I wanted one in perfect condition and she said there was one in the store room in addition to the display.

It was meant to be a little treat post yet another exam but she will have to go back.

I don't think I will look for another one as I am now afraid it would wear very badly and I like my bags to remain pristine.

Might save some more and get a never full!! It is bomb proof, I love the appearance of DE and hope I don't get one with faulty straps!

I hope everyone else gets good bags!
Oh that's what I'm interested in the never full or Palermo, I've got a trip to London soon and hoping to have a good look at them. I read about faulty straps though on the LV forum x
Jun 19, 2012, 5:18pm   #13
n
nai2012
Oh no I feel for u-that is simply not acceptable....but on the bright side it was not meant to be an you will find something 10times better xx
Jun 19, 2012, 5:20pm   #14
R
Roxaholic
Thanks for your support. You TPF ladies are lovely and so glad you understand.

I do! He didn't seem keen when I said I would just get a never full! Hahaha. There is nothing in mulberry making me go wow at the moment. Maybe I have enough bags? Say it ain't so!
A girl can NEVER have enough bags!.....
Jun 19, 2012, 6:57pm   #15
J.A.N.
Bag Nutter

Oh no how annoying im sure you will find something much better.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >