Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Considering buying my first Mulberry - Any suggestions?

POST A REPLY

Aug 15, 2012, 4:05pm   #16
G
Gilly01
Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster and hopefully soon to be a first time Mulberry bag owner I'm planning on buying an Effie Satchel but I can't decide between the oak and black leather. At the moment I think I'm leaning towards the oak leather but I'm worried about how the leather will wear as I'm planning on using the bag most days for work etc. Does oak leather on Mulberry bags show signs of wear easily or would the black be a better option for an everyday bag? Would really appreciate your advice and words of wisdom, as a Mulberry newbie I'm very unsure.
Aug 27, 2012, 1:03pm   #17
h
hopskipjump
Originally Posted by hopskipjump
Hope it's okay if I jump in -- first time poster here -- but I am in the same situation, deciding between the Alexa and the Bayswater.

I'm so sorry that I missed out on the Heritage Bayswater. I like the shape of the Bayswater better, but I would have like to have the option of a crossbody strap.

If I understand correctly, the Heritage Bayswaters were limited edition, but I was wondering if there was any information about if it would ever be available again? Unfortunately, as I'm not in the UK, I don't have access to outlet stores.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Hi again, hope it's okay to resurrect this thread to ask a follow-up question (still a newbie so can't start new threads yet).

I'm relatively new to the Mulberry brand and designer handbags generally. As a graduation gift this summer, my parents very generously offered to buy me a handbag to take to my new job starting this fall. I had settled on getting a Deer Brown Bayswater, but I stumbled on a Heritage Bayswater (in Oak?) at a Mulberry sale at Rue La La (a US site that offers limited-time discounts on designer brands). The bag is now out of stock, but I managed to snag one (discounted from $1700 to $1350).

The problem is that I've never actually seen or held a Heritage Bayswater, since I only recently discovered the brand, and the item is final sale, so I can only return it if the item is somehow defective. But I do have a small window, before the item actually ships, to cancel the order for a full refund. Are people who own Heritage Bayswaters generally happy with them? Ha, I guess my long story boils down to: I'm nervous because I just spent a lot of money on a bag that I've never seen. Did I do the right thing?? Should I cancel the order and go with the Deer Brown Bayswater (which I've seen in the stores and love)? Also, do I understand correctly that these Heritage Bayswaters were limited edition and are therefore highly unlikely to become available again in retail stores?

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice!

And just in case Gilly01 sees this: Sorry I can't contribute anything to your question about the Oak vs. Black Effie satchel. I'm obviously going for the oak color myself, in the hope that I can take good care of the leather, but since I'm new to Mulberry myself, I don't know if it's going to turn out to be a wise decision. Which did you end up getting? Hope you love it! :)
Aug 27, 2012, 2:19pm   #18
E
Edel
Alexa
Aug 27, 2012, 5:11pm   #19
C
CPrincessUK
Caribbean Princess

Hi again, hope it's okay to resurrect this thread to ask a follow-up question (still a newbie so can't start new threads yet).

I'm relatively new to the Mulberry brand and designer handbags generally. As a graduation gift this summer, my parents very generously offered to buy me a handbag to take to my new job starting this fall. I had settled on getting a Deer Brown Bayswater, but I stumbled on a Heritage Bayswater (in Oak?) at a Mulberry sale at Rue La La (a US site that offers limited-time discounts on designer brands). The bag is now out of stock, but I managed to snag one (discounted from $1700 to $1350).

The problem is that I've never actually seen or held a Heritage Bayswater, since I only recently discovered the brand, and the item is final sale, so I can only return it if the item is somehow defective. But I do have a small window, before the item actually ships, to cancel the order for a full refund. Are people who own Heritage Bayswaters generally happy with them? Ha, I guess my long story boils down to: I'm nervous because I just spent a lot of money on a bag that I've never seen. Did I do the right thing?? Should I cancel the order and go with the Deer Brown Bayswater (which I've seen in the stores and love)? Also, do I understand correctly that these Heritage Bayswaters were limited edition and are therefore highly unlikely to become available again in retail stores?

And just in case Gilly01 sees this: Sorry I can't contribute anything to your question about the Oak vs. Black Effie satchel. I'm obviously going for the oak color myself, in the hope that I can take good care of the leather, but since I'm new to Mulberry myself, I don't know if it's going to turn out to be a wise decision. Which did you end up getting? Hope you love it! :)
Hi I prefer the classic Bays to the heritage ones but it depends on your personal preference. Oak or deer brown would be my choice.
Aug 28, 2012, 7:43am   #20
Cupcake2008
Hi Hopskipjump, are you able to return the heritage bays if you don't like it? If you have that option, I would wait and see whether you like it, as it was at a discount. It's obviously a popular choice, as it's sold out.

The heritage bays was discontinued after AW11 so you won't be able to buy this style through retailers anymore, so it may be worth checking out. The deer brown bays is new for AW12, so will be here until after the xmas sales.

If you can't return it and get your money back, I would be tempted to cancel the order. It's your first designer handbag so you want to be completely in love with it - even if it wasn't the first, you still want to be in love with it though! You don't want to be stuck with an expensive purchase you're not sure about.

I hope that helps!
Aug 28, 2012, 9:46am   #21
a
armcandy3
lab rat

Hi, I would consider cancelling the heritage bays if you've not seen it. As its your 1st mulberry I'd want to be definate for sure I loved it. I wouldn't take a chance with a bag I hadn't seen and didn't have the option to return. I've not actually seen heritage bays irl, so I can't give my opinion on it, you may love it, but if you don't......even if it is discounted its still not a cheap bag.

I have the heritage bays satchel in nightshade which I love the look of, but haven't used yet, so can't advise if the straps are fiddly.

PS. Good luck with whatever you decide and lucky you getting a fab graduation gift!
Aug 28, 2012, 3:00pm   #22
Donna.west44
Hi
I have an alexa and got bayswater the other day and I love it! Love my alexa but the bayswater is more rigid which I prefer I think to the point where I'm thinking I might need another one in a navy or dark blue? Does anyone know or can anyone tell me have they been made in that colour recently? My tillie in ink is the perfect shade I'd hope to find a bayswater in
Aug 29, 2012, 12:01am   #23
Bethanh
Hi hopskipjump. I have the small heritage bayswater satchel in nightshade and I love it. I find it much less fiddly to access than my Alexa and I adore the colour. The leather is also beautiful on this bag. I am pretty sure they are not going to be repeated, so it may well be your last chance to own one. I certainly am one to say that you need to love it to own it, but I do adore mine.
I bought the SS Alexa online sight unseen, because I thought that if I didn't get one, I would regret it. I am so happy that I took the plunge on that bag.
Good luck with your decision!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >