Home Premier Designers Mulberry

Alexa blister......anything to worry about??


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
May 30, 2012, 1:22pm   #1
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Evening ladies,

I took Alexa out today fo the first time. She has had her spray so it was all systems go.....had a lovely day shopping but when we got home and I was inspecting her I noticed this

Name:  003 (5).JPG
Views: 1028
Size:  202.7 KB

should I be worried about the blistering or am I being uber fussy??
May 30, 2012, 1:23pm   #2
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Name:  003 (5).JPG
Views: 838
Size:  202.7 KB
Last edited May 30, 2012 at 1:27pm. Reason: Photo posted by mistake
May 30, 2012, 1:28pm   #3
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Name:  004 (3).JPG
Views: 857
Size:  202.8 KB


What do you ladies think?
May 30, 2012, 1:51pm   #4
IWantANewBag's Avatar
Member
I would be dubious to be honest. It looks like it could bubble and crack. I'd be exchanging thr bag for another. Hope that helps xx
May 30, 2012, 2:29pm   #5
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by IWantANewBag
I would be dubious to be honest. It looks like it could bubble and crack. I'd be exchanging thr bag for another. Hope that helps xx
Hmmm I thought that might be the answer I'd get.........will wait for a few more opinions but I think the same as you it could crack and open up. Thanks
May 30, 2012, 4:12pm   #6
bag*mad*bags's Avatar
Member
Mmmm looks like a scuff, I'd exchange it to!
May 30, 2012, 4:28pm   #7
Mandu79's Avatar
Member
I would exchange, I had a similar mark on one of my Alexa's and the store were more than happy to swap it out.

Let us know what you decide to do :-)
Jun 5, 2012, 11:37am   #8
R
Member
Originally Posted by Designpurchaser
Evening ladies,

I took Alexa out today fo the first time. She has had her spray so it was all systems go.....had a lovely day shopping but when we got home and I was inspecting her I noticed this

Attachment 1739003

should I be worried about the blistering or am I being uber fussy??
Hi DesignPurchaser - oooh! - that doesn't look too hot after one day's outing - has the leather actually lifted? - if you rub your finger across the affected area, does it sort of crinkle up as if the upper layer of leather has detached - if so, I reckon you should take it up with Mulberry - that really shouldn't happen - good luck and keep us posted!...:)...
Jun 5, 2012, 12:37pm   #9
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by Roxaholic
Hi DesignPurchaser - oooh! - that doesn't look too hot after one day's outing - has the leather actually lifted? - if you rub your finger across the affected area, does it sort of crinkle up as if the upper layer of leather has detached - if so, I reckon you should take it up with Mulberry - that really shouldn't happen - good luck and keep us posted!...:)...
I'm going to contact the store I got it from tomorrow and see what they say and if I'm not happy with what they say I shall contact the lady that has been mentioned on this forum at Mulberry. Thanks, will let you know what they say.
Jun 5, 2012, 2:13pm   #10
Mooshooshoo's Avatar
Member
Looks like a blister, as Roxaholic suggests, does it wrinkle if you gently rub your finger over it? If the shop don't give you a satisfactory response, contact one of the following:
Rebecca Groom: Customer Solutions Supervisor or Sarah-Jayne Cooper:
Customer Solutions Administrator

Mulberry Design Ltd
The Rookery
Chilcompton, Somerset BA3 4EH
UK

Tel *+44 (0)1761 234 212
Fax +44 (0)1761 233 436

rebeccag@mulberry.com
sarahc@mulberry.com

Jun 5, 2012, 2:57pm   #11
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by Mooshooshoo
Looks like a blister, as Roxaholic suggests, does it wrinkle if you gently rub your finger over it? If the shop don't give you a satisfactory response, contact one of the following:
Rebecca Groom: Customer Solutions Supervisor or Sarah-Jayne Cooper:
Customer Solutions Administrator

Mulberry Design Ltd
The Rookery
Chilcompton, Somerset BA3 4EH
UK

Tel *+44 (0)1761 234 212
Fax +44 (0)1761 233 436

rebeccag@mulberry.com
sarahc@mulberry.com

I've tried to rub my finger over it but it's in an awkward place (just under the plaited strap) so I can't really determine if it wrinkles or not. Thank you very much for the info, I thought I remembered the lady's name as Rebecca but you have saved me searching.
Jun 14, 2012, 11:52am   #12
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
I'm bumping this for some info on here that will hopefully help someone...
Jun 14, 2012, 12:18pm   #13
button_Princess's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Designpurchaser
I'm bumping this for some info on here that will hopefully help someone...
Thanks for thinking of me, I am going to note these down x
Jun 14, 2012, 12:34pm   #14
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by button_Princess
Thanks for thinking of me, I am going to note these down x
You're welcome let me know how you get on :-)
Jul 13, 2012, 3:12pm   #15
Designpurchaser's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Just thought I would update this thread....I received an email from Rebecca today and my Alexa is going to be replaced with a new one and sent out to me next week. Slightly concerned that I won't love the new one as much as I did the one I sent to HQ but will have to see....
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Mulberry  
TOP

Thread Tools