Home Premier Designers Miu Miu

How do you pronounce Miu Miu??

POST A REPLY

Nov 8, 2007, 8:06pm   #1
is it pronouced "Mew Mew" or something else?

I never heard anyone say it out loud. thank you for your answers
Nov 8, 2007, 9:03pm   #2
I can't stoaaaaahp!!
I heard once and can't remember! I'm dying to know also, so I don't sound like a complete idiot to an SA!
Nov 8, 2007, 9:53pm   #3
G
Account Deactivated
A lady at NET-A-PORTER's call center told me it is pronounced moo-ey moo-ey but without too much emphasis on the oo's. So more like mu-ay mu-ay.

LMFAO!
Nov 8, 2007, 9:57pm   #4
♥♥ blue devil
I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure her name is pronounced Mew-chya Prada.. so I think Miu Miu is pronounced like Mew-Mew. Haha, hope that helps.
Last edited Nov 8, 2007 at 10:03pm.
Nov 8, 2007, 10:02pm   #5
Purse Fanatic!
Haha I have always said it like "Me-You Me-You".
Nov 9, 2007, 12:10am   #6
I.Heart.Bags
I always said mew mew and no one ever looked at me funny.
Nov 9, 2007, 1:26pm   #7
I live for bags.
mew mew
Nov 9, 2007, 2:08pm   #8
Blitz and Betty
It is pronounced mew-mew. Great question. Here is a great place to find out how alot of the European designers names are pronounced. I found this when I wanted to order some CL shoes and didn't want to sound like an idiot (I probably did anyway though), hope it helps:

http://fashion.about.com/cs/designers/l/blpronounce.htm

Nov 9, 2007, 2:51pm   #9
It's Mew Mew. I've called Barneys and the Miu Miu store and they've all pronounced it that way. I use to think it was Moo-wee Moo-wee...they guy at Barneys laughed at me :s
Nov 9, 2007, 4:12pm   #10
Mew Mew is how I pronounce it.
Nov 9, 2007, 4:41pm   #11
It's italian. Everywhere I've been here in Europe they say Mi-ou Mi-ou (Two syllables per "Miu", so no myu myu or mew mew, there's a slight difference), which is the proper italian pronounciation.
Nov 9, 2007, 6:29pm   #12
mood: PRADA!
Mi-ou Mi-ou Its tough trying to describe how something sounds because people pronounce things differently.
Nov 9, 2007, 6:37pm   #13
-+-+-+-+-+-
Originally Posted by miu2
It is pronounced mew-mew. Great question. Here is a great place to find out how alot of the European designers names are pronounced. I found this when I wanted to order some CL shoes and didn't want to sound like an idiot (I probably did anyway though), hope it helps:

http://fashion.about.com/cs/designers/l/blpronounce.htm

That's fantastic...thanks for posting!
Nov 12, 2007, 8:34pm   #14
pugs for life.
hah! great question. I had always pronounced it moui-moui until I asked an SA and just like the general consensus here, I was told...mew-mew.
Nov 12, 2007, 8:40pm   #15
I run with scissors
Glad someone asked. I just got some rocking boots from uh, Miu Miu and did not want to have anyone ask what designer they were.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Miu Miu