Help me choose please!

POST A REPLY

Sep 24, 2006, 1:31am   #1
picolo
I'm torn between this bag:

Size: 13.5" x 8.5" x 5"

and this bag:

Size: 14.5" x 9.5" x 7"

I'm 5' 2", 110 lbs, average build (not super petite)

Thanks for your help!
Sep 24, 2006, 2:48am   #2
pursemama
Pursaholic
I'm going to be biased and pick #1. I saw both in person, I rejected the 2nd bag because, although it was beautiful the bows on the side (they're not too bad) just bugged me. When I saw #1, I fell in love almost immediately, it IS big though but, I love that big bag look! I did a thread on it recently but, here is a pic of me with it on. I'm 5'2" and a size 16.
Attached Images

Sep 24, 2006, 2:53am   #3
l
lmpsola
Account Deactivated
Wow, the first bag is stunning! I really like it! I think you will look good with it! Pursemama, it looks sooo good on you!
Sep 24, 2006, 3:02am   #4
picolo
pursemama, the 1st bag is actually the smaller version of the big one. It's only 13.5" wide. The bigger version is 14.5" wide and taller. Here's another pic of the 1st bag from bergdorfgoodman.com:

Last edited Sep 24, 2006 at 3:05am.
Sep 24, 2006, 3:54am   #5
pursemama
Pursaholic
[quote=picolo;917748]pursemama, the 1st bag is actually the smaller version of the big one. It's only 13.5" wide. The bigger version is 14.5" wide and taller. Here's another pic of the 1st bag from bergdorfgoodman.com:

Ooops..I just noticed that, sorry! Ya know what though, I saw the small version too (S.F. Saks had all 3, btw). I originally wanted the smaller version, the pic looked great but, when I saw it in person I didn't like the shape. I felt that it should've been alittle more longer vertically, horizontally it was perfect. It's one of those bags that you have to see for yourself and TRY on, unfortunately.
Sep 24, 2006, 3:56am   #6
pursemama
Pursaholic
Originally Posted by lmpsola
Wow, the first bag is stunning! I really like it! I think you will look good with it! Pursemama, it looks sooo good on you!
Thank you Impsola!...so sweet of you.
Sep 24, 2006, 9:08am   #7
Cosmopolitan
retired tPF mod
I also prefer bag #1. I almost bought bag #2 last month in New York, and it was gorgeous--really squishy, rich leather--but the only thing that held me back was those bows on the side. I'm 40, and I think would regret those bows after a while...

p.s., pursemama, I love your bag!
Sep 24, 2006, 9:18am   #8
lulilu
No. 1 == I agree with everyone about the bows on No. 2.
Sep 24, 2006, 9:35am   #9
A
Audrey
I ♥ SJ Sharks!
I don't mind the bows on purse #2 but I prefer purse #1.
Sep 24, 2006, 12:19pm   #10
piperlu
I have tried them both on and I prefer the first one. I think the bows held me back as well on the second one.

I have a small bow on my new Gucci but it's so subtle and feminine looking and it's not overbearing.
Sep 24, 2006, 12:26pm   #11
picolo
Thank you everyone for your response!

For those who've seen the first one in person, does the magnetic closure stay on well? Is it larger than MJ's Blake?
Sep 24, 2006, 12:31pm   #12
Kat
I like the first one a little more than the second one.
Sep 24, 2006, 1:33pm   #13
NYDoll
Hi. I love both too! But since I'm in love with oversized bag lately, I'm now considering between dark brown large napa tote and sugero satchel style. Can you please help taking a pic of the sugero satchel with you? Or at least a pic of the side that has bow? The leather is differ between these two? Is it heavy? I'm in Thailand and there's no this style of Miu Miu bag available here!! Your pic & comments will help a lot.

Many thanks in advance!
Sep 24, 2006, 3:51pm   #14
snowwhite
I really love the first one!!!
Sep 24, 2006, 5:31pm   #15
pursemama
Pursaholic
Originally Posted by picolo
Thank you everyone for your response!

For those who've seen the first one in person, does the magnetic closure stay on well? Is it larger than MJ's Blake?
Yes to both questions.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >