Home > >

All About the Bow Satchel


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 1, 2012, 4:02am   #1441
dotty8's Avatar
dotty8
Member
^^ It's dark purple if I'm not mistaken
Aug 1, 2012, 4:14am   #1442
ipekkeles's Avatar
ipekkeles
lil' miss shop-a-lot
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl
I would really like a bow bag, but I'm worried about the issues people have been experiencing... is that still a big worry?

And how much does one typically hold? I tried to find a "What's in my Miu Miu" thread and couldn't...
I don't know if you found an answer for your question and this is kinda late but wanted to give my two cents.

I have my Pietra bow for about 10 months now. It looks just like the day it arrived + slight darkening on the bottom edges. I can put so much stuff in it. I typically carry:

a long wallet
makeup pouch
another pouch for bandaid+medicine+hair pins+perfume+hand cream etc
another pouch for pads
a credit card slip
kleenex
cell phone
two sets of keys

most weekends i also put the following:

a small (0.5ml) water bottle
ipad with ipad sleeve

and during colder months i carry an extra pashmina in the bag or if i'm wearing heels i take a pair of flats with me in the bag.
Aug 1, 2012, 2:55pm   #1443
S
Sparkletastic
Member
I love these bags but hate to pay the high price. Does miu miu ever have a sale on their site?
Aug 3, 2012, 10:09am   #1444
Chewing_Pearls's Avatar
Chewing_Pearls
Member
hi ladies! I'm a Miumiu newbie and I'm really interested to purchase a bow! However I've read that the quality had some problems back then, even the brand new ones had some serious issues (2008,if I'm not mistaken) I would really want to do some intense research first before plunging in

Just wondering, over the time, has the quality improved? Less sealant cracks? Colors fading off? leather splits?
Aug 4, 2012, 2:51am   #1445
Royalbohemian's Avatar
Royalbohemian
Member
Hi there Chewing Pearls (love the name BTW),

I bought a black bow bag about a year ago and I have worn it a lot. I was also very worried before I bought it, for the same reasons, but I guess the answer is, Prada would not be selling these at that price if there were real issues with the leather. Of course the leather does change in a certain way over time but I find it only gets better. Here pix of mine, taken just now, thought you would like to know what the handles and edges look like after 12 months.
If you are in love and want it that bad, i can only recommend it! :)


Name:  image-1728504400.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  570.3 KB



Name:  image-709967401.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  539.2 KB



Name:  image-2983883517.jpg
Views: 1543
Size:  504.2 KB
Aug 4, 2012, 4:32am   #1446
Chewing_Pearls's Avatar
Chewing_Pearls
Member
Originally Posted by Royalbohemian
Hi there Chewing Pearls (love the name BTW),

I bought a black bow bag about a year ago and I have worn it a lot. I was also very worried before I bought it, for the same reasons, but I guess the answer is, Prada would not be selling these at that price if there were real issues with the leather. Of course the leather does change in a certain way over time but I find it only gets better. Here pix of mine, taken just now, thought you would like to know what the handles and edges look like after 12 months.
If you are in love and want it that bad, i can only recommend it! :)
Hi there! Thanks! I'm actually thinkig of the same thing! Why are there so many complains if it's made by Prada right?? Prada is known for high quality items! That's what really have me thinking. I felt bad to those who experienced flawed bags and of course, the hassle of returning it and dont mention the waiting time :(

would you say same with the other colors? With regards to fading?

Did you also use any conditioner with those 12 months? :)

thanks!
Aug 18, 2012, 4:23am   #1447
b
brigadeiro
Member
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can the Bow bag be worn across the body (easily)? Does anyone wear it thus? Does it still look good?

With two little ones I need my two hands as much as possible

TIA!
Aug 18, 2012, 6:21am   #1448
thisgreycat's Avatar
thisgreycat
Member
Originally Posted by brigadeiro
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can the Bow bag be worn across the body (easily)? Does anyone wear it thus? Does it still look good?

With two little ones I need my two hands as much as possible

TIA!
I wear my 3.5 year old Zafirro cross body a lot and I love it - it is one of the reasons I bought it. Comfortable and sits well (particularly if it's loaded up - I don't treat my bags at all well!)
Aug 20, 2012, 1:05am   #1449
r
rjc54
Member
Hi everyone!

The bow satchel was my very first premier designer bag purchase and we've been with each other for four years now. However, I lost one of the screws recently and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a replacement or if Miu Miu will replace the missing hardware?

Aug 20, 2012, 11:36pm   #1450
M
MiuMiu_Girl
MiuMiu_Girl
Originally Posted by rjc54
Hi everyone!

The bow satchel was my very first premier designer bag purchase and we've been with each other for four years now. However, I lost one of the screws recently and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a replacement or if Miu Miu will replace the missing hardware?

Go to any Miu Miu and drop it off for repair. I think it's out of warranty if you've had it for 4 years but that sounds like an inexpensive and easy repair imo.
Sep 6, 2012, 5:59pm   #1451
dotty8's Avatar
dotty8
Member
I just realized this season the bow bag is available not only in shiny leather and suede but also in plain, non shiny leather! I think it looks nice

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/317295
Sep 12, 2012, 10:42pm   #1452
fanmiu's Avatar
fanmiu
Member
Hi all, I have two bows. The pervinca color one is from season 3 I believed, but the moro color I am not sure what season it is from.

Sep 24, 2012, 7:05pm   #1453
S
Satellitedreamz
Member
Purseforum newbie here :)

Does anyone know if there are any black mini bows with SILVER hardware being sold anywhere...?

Caitlin
Oct 9, 2012, 12:01am   #1454
terri_berri's Avatar
terri_berri
Member
Hi everyone...

Was wondering, for the mini bow owners, do you find that flap part of the bag doesn't fold/slouch nicely?

I have had my black leather mini for about 6months now and the top part of the bag is still standing stiff and refusing to fold down, unlike my fumo regular bow... is anyone experiencing this?
Oct 11, 2012, 2:24am   #1455
r
rilakkumabear
Member
Originally Posted by terri_berri
Hi everyone...

Was wondering, for the mini bow owners, do you find that flap part of the bag doesn't fold/slouch nicely?

I have had my black leather mini for about 6months now and the top part of the bag is still standing stiff and refusing to fold down, unlike my fumo regular bow... is anyone experiencing this?
mine took a few months of regular use for it to fold down.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools