Home Contemporary Designers Michael Kors

The elusive Jet Set Zip Top Tote (LV Totally inspired)

POST A REPLY

Aug 14, 2012, 9:47am   #61
p
Really they have it at the Niagara Falls, NY outlet? I was there last Monday (civic holiday) and didn't see anything like that, mind you I probably didn't pay attention until I saw this thread!
Crissy-I want to get all 3 colors now because of you! Lol!
Aug 14, 2012, 1:31pm   #62
Iphone Addict!
Originally Posted by pinkingofyou
Really they have it at the Niagara Falls, NY outlet? I was there last Monday (civic holiday) and didn't see anything like that, mind you I probably didn't pay attention until I saw this thread!
Crissy-I want to get all 3 colors now because of you! Lol!
Yes they did I was there then.. It was on a top shelf behind a few other bags..: both brown and vanilla
Aug 14, 2012, 2:25pm   #63
p
Originally Posted by Bag Fetish
Yes they did I was there then.. It was on a top shelf behind a few other bags..: both brown and vanilla
Thanks, Bag Fetish!
Do you happen to know how much it was? Was there a lot left? I'm considering going back now since we will be going to Great Wolf Lodge next week.
Aug 14, 2012, 3:36pm   #64
Iphone Addict!
No idea sorry..
Originally Posted by pinkingofyou
Thanks, Bag Fetish!
Do you happen to know how much it was? Was there a lot left? I'm considering going back now since we will be going to Great Wolf Lodge next week.
Aug 26, 2012, 11:48am   #65
Proud Handbag Addict
FYI, hubby bought me this bag at the outlet in AC, NJ for our anniversary a few weeks ago and I have been carrying it ever since. I absolutely love it! It has everything I wanted in the open top bag that I just couldnt get into because of the 3 sections. This bag has it all for me!
Sep 11, 2012, 12:36pm   #66
Gypsy
Just ordered this bag from Nordstrom.....hope I love it. I am a Coach person but I wanted a leather purple tote travel bag and Coach does not have one that appeals to me.

I'll post a reveal of my first MK bag when it gets here.

Thanks for posting mod pics it helped a lot deciding on this or the unlined open top tote.
Sep 11, 2012, 6:22pm   #67
Iphone Addict!
Originally Posted by Gypsycruiser
Just ordered this bag from Nordstrom.....hope I love it. I am a Coach person but I wanted a leather purple tote travel bag and Coach does not have one that appeals to me.

I'll post a reveal of my first MK bag when it gets here.

Thanks for posting mod pics it helped a lot deciding on this or the unlined open top tote.
Can't wait to see...
Sep 11, 2012, 11:01pm   #68
Gypsy
Originally Posted by Bag Fetish
Can't wait to see...
Me too!
Sep 12, 2012, 9:45am   #69
Iphone Addict!
so lv is inspired by MK :)

Originally Posted by charleston-mom
So in this case you are talking about LV copying Michael Kors, right? And quilted bags with chains have been carried by almost every handbag designer since the 1950's. No patent on the style there. LOL! I love LV but in this case, the MK came first unfortunately.
Sep 13, 2012, 4:20am   #70
M
I'm looking into getting this bag as well - Either in black print or saffiano.

But is the saffiano one (eg. http://www.dillards.com/product/MICH...2070_zi_purple ) A little smaller than the thread starter's bag, Crissy11?
Sep 13, 2012, 7:31am   #71
Proud Handbag Addict
I have the same bag as crissy11 which is the outlet version and I think it's bigger than the dept store version but I could be wrong. Not sure if anyone compared the measurements.
Sep 13, 2012, 7:38am   #72
Iphone Addict!
Originally Posted by Scooch
I have the same bag as crissy11 which is the outlet version and I think it's bigger than the dept store version but I could be wrong. Not sure if anyone compared the measurements.
You are correct!! It is bigger. I have the same bag as well and I did check out both the macy bag and the outlet and for sure the outlet is bigger...
Thus the reason I went with the outlet, it was easier to get into the outside pockets.
The outlet bag is about the size of a totally mm if that helps.
Sep 13, 2012, 7:13pm   #73
Gypsy
Whoo hoo.....Nordstrom's just shipped my Jet Set Tote. I have two of the three bags I ordered on their way.

Which ones will I keep? Geeee......what if I love all three? DH will kill me, lol.

Anyway.....should have them soon. Just wanted to share.
Oct 1, 2012, 12:34pm   #74
G
Originally Posted by crissy11
I've been on the hunt for this bag for months. MK stores, eBay, dept stores, everywhere. I saw it maybe a year ago and then it disappeared to be replaced by the open top with middle compartment which didn't do it for me. I called the brand new Factory Store in the Carousel Mall in Syracuse and they described this bag to me and I still didn't believe it existed. I did the 3 hour drive from Ottawa yesterday and there it was. They had a special on for 20% off a $250 purchase so I picked up the matching wristlet as well as was out the door at $228.

In case anyone is wondering how this differs from the Macy's Exclusive, it's a bit bigger and has the lighter handles (the Macy's has luggage color handles). I actually like the lighter handles because it looks more like the Totally. It's also more functional than the Totally - the inside has 4 slip pockets and and huge zip pocket in the side. The Macy's Exclusive is $248, this one was $198.

I love that the monogram on this is so muted and not at all in-your-face.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1337435391
Wow...congrat's on your find! That is a beautiful bag! I wonder if it can still be found.
Oct 10, 2012, 12:43am   #75
So what's the deal with the east west holiday jet set tote at Macys? I don't see a bag with that name on the MK website. Is it Macys exclusive? Does anyone know how it compares to other similar jet set totes? I saw it today at the store (Macys) and kind of fell in love with it and so I bought it on presale (will pick up on Thursday) but I can't find anything about it online. The SA did say it is new.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Michael Kors