POST A REPLY

Mar 15, 2009, 10:29am   #1
b
berlander
I have never seen one! Has anyone else?
Mar 15, 2009, 5:19pm   #2
t
terrym
I just purchased a Michael Kors on ebay, NWT, black Peninsula II tote, but I am concerned. The tag looks authentic, but the purse itself does not "feel" right, and tags are easy to duplicate. I paid $100, which was a deal if its authentic, but still, does anyone have any experience with these? It smells funny, a little like plastic, and feels funny, not like leather. I'm afraid to cut into it to see if this is just highly treated leather.
Mar 15, 2009, 5:34pm   #3
g
gro3602
EX TPFER DONE HERE
Yes there are counterfeit Kors bags................

Terrym: Can you post photos please? Or post a link to the auction?
Mar 15, 2009, 6:04pm   #4
t
terrym
This is what the ebay ad said:
"GORGEOUS MICHAEL KORS PENINSULA II LARGE WORK TOTE - Genuine black leather with silvertone hardware. MSRP - $428.00 - New with tags! The bag is approximately 14 inches wide, 9 inches tall, and 4 1/2 inches deep. There are two handles at the top and the handle drop is approximately 8 inches. There is a large pocket on the front and also a large pocket on the back. The inside is divided into sections by a zipper pocket and also has another zip pocket and several slip pockets inside as well. The texture of this leather is "alligator-like". My pictures cannot capture how INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL this bag is!!! It is AMAZING!!"GORGEOUS MICHAEL KORS PENINSULA II LARGE WORK TOTE - Genuine black leather with silvertone hardware. MSRP - $428.00 - New with tags! The bag is approximately 14 inches wide, 9 inches tall, and 4 1/2 inches deep. There are two handles at the top and the handle drop is approximately 8 inches. There is a large pocket on the front and also a large pocket on the back. The inside is divided into sections by a zipper pocket and also has another zip pocket and several slip pockets inside as well. The texture of this leather is "alligator-like". My pictures cannot capture how INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL this bag is!!! It is AMAZING!! "

I'm not sure how to post pictures here, but see if this works, ok? http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...ayphotohosting

Mar 15, 2009, 6:06pm   #6
t
terrym
The second one seems to work. Thanks for looking into this. I purchased this as a gift for my sister, but I am not giong to give her a fakie.
Mar 15, 2009, 8:38pm   #7
b
berlander
I would not even know how to go about detecting this.
Mar 15, 2009, 11:01pm   #8
lorihmatthews
A taste for the arts
Usually you can tell by the stitching. Can you post a pic of the inside patch (if there is one) that shows the name of the brand, and/or the stitching near the top of the inside of the bag?
Mar 18, 2009, 3:45pm   #9
t
terrym
I am part of the Urban Amish - I actually don't have a camera where I can download pictures. But I am trying to get someone else to take the pix and send me the photo.
Mar 18, 2009, 3:50pm   #10
g
gro3602
EX TPFER DONE HERE
Ok terrym.......... we won't forget to check back
Mar 18, 2009, 4:36pm   #11
doglvr
Dogs n Denim
terrym.

Hi. I love Michael Kors bags, but I am not familiar with this style. I inquired about a particular MK bag a while back and was told his bags are not usually faked, but that was just 1 person's response/opinion. I guess any designer's bag can be. I hope you find out what you are looking for. It's a cute style. :-)
Mar 19, 2009, 2:45pm   #12
d
dazzlin
MK bags are definitely faked. i've seen them at street vendors.
i'm not familiar with this particular bag, but i own several mk bags. the best way to tell is probably the stitching and the inside organizer pocket detailing- mk tends to be very high quality with both of these features and they are consistent throughout all their bags.
mk also has basically 2 very distinct types of leathers, a buttery soft sueded kind, and a tougher kind that wears very well and softens up- maybe you can compare yours to ones in a store to see how the leather compares
May 8, 2009, 5:16am   #13
l
livinit91
is this a fake michael kors wallet? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Thanks!
Feb 21, 2012, 10:27pm   #14
K
KdWOoo19
Hi all.
I recently purchased a MK bag on ebay for $110. I just got it in today and I feel it could be a fake because the leather doesn't feel like real soft leather. I'm not sure how to determine if it's a fake or not. Any suggestions?? All the hardware, buckles, and inside tag have MK or Michael Kors on it. There are buttons that snap on the inside that say Kane-M, which I was reading might be Kate Spade? (I'm Not familiar with her handbags at all.) It kinda has a faint funny smell too.

The tag says:
38H1XTTT4L
Vanilla
Grab Bag
Genuine Leather
$228

Can you PLEASE HELP and let me know how to determine if it's a fake or not!?!?! I also wasn't sure if I could take this into a Michael Kors store and if they could help me......
Feb 21, 2012, 11:08pm   #15
KimmyAnne
Originally Posted by KdWOoo19
Hi all.
I recently purchased a MK bag on ebay for $110. I just got it in today and I feel it could be a fake because the leather doesn't feel like real soft leather. I'm not sure how to determine if it's a fake or not. Any suggestions?? All the hardware, buckles, and inside tag have MK or Michael Kors on it. There are buttons that snap on the inside that say Kane-M, which I was reading might be Kate Spade? (I'm Not familiar with her handbags at all.) It kinda has a faint funny smell too.

The tag says:
38H1XTTT4L
Vanilla
Grab Bag
Genuine Leather
$228

Can you PLEASE HELP and let me know how to determine if it's a fake or not!?!?! I also wasn't sure if I could take this into a Michael Kors store and if they could help me......

MK uses all sorts of leather... some are super soft and buttery, others pebbled, the current boutique Hamiltons that seem to almost have a coated type leather (I don't know if this is known as a certain type of leather, but it's definately not my favorite LOL). I'm not familiar with this style, so I can't offer more about that particular leather. Can you post some pics (hardware, lining, tags)?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >