Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Are there Fake Micheal Kors bags?

POST A REPLY

Feb 23, 2012, 4:04am   #16
m
mehenrylong
Yep you should post some pictures for it then we can see what we can do for you in this case
Mar 2, 2012, 9:34pm   #17
l
lov
The number one way that I know of in telling if a mk bag is real or not is by looking for the tiny plastic tab that is sewn in the lining. This tip came from a former MK employee that I know. Here is an example.
This one is from my black large mk hamilton tote I got from Macys.
I have owned a total of 5 hamilton bags and a wallet and they all have that.

Mar 26, 2012, 10:58pm   #18
kuchingbabe
Kuchingbabe
I am from Malaysia. I recently bought a micheal Kors handbag via its Original michealkors.com website. I received the package within a week from my order date, but the hang is terrible looking and cheap. In the website, its leather - but when i opened the box, it smells of cheap plastic. Upon closer inspection, there is a small patch on the left hand side of the (black leather) handbag that seemed to be peeling giving way to a 'brown' color underneath. Upon really close inspection (having saw the brown patch started the alert of fake alarm for me), the stiching is yucky and there is another white patch on the 'leather' holder. Then I found out that all internet selling and etc is actually done by Neiman Marcus on behalf of MK. I just found out that I can't claim my custom duties from Malaysian Custom. On top of that the amount I have to pay just to send the bag back is half of the amount i paid for the bag! So now I am stuck with rubbery looking and smelling bag from MK with brown and white patch and uneven sewing.
Attached Images

Mar 27, 2012, 12:03am   #19
kuchingbabe
Kuchingbabe
Originally Posted by berlander
I have never seen one! Has anyone else?
Yes, i think I have just bought one fake one from Michealkors original website.
Mar 28, 2012, 12:43pm   #20
l
loogirl
what's michael kors original website -- if its the michaelkors.com, that's the official website and the bag is not fake -- these bags aren't premiere bags, they will have some faults. I have yet to see any bag anywhere that is totally perfect.
Mar 28, 2012, 4:58pm   #21
l
lakeshow
Those pics don't give me a clear indication that it's fake kuchingbabe...MK bags, especially michael michael kors ones, like loogirl said aren't perfect, i've seen 'lumpy' stitching and rough looking workmanship on bags they have on display in store and they were definitely real. ****ty workmanship isn't exclusive to fakes. yes MK's ecommerce site is run by NM, this isn't something they try to hide nor is it indicative of it being fake.
Apr 5, 2012, 7:43am   #22
l
luvsbags29
Account Deactivated
I recently purchased a MK Distressed Mocha Hamilton on Ebay. New with tags. I am not questioning authenticity but rather the fact that some of the spots on the bag look like damage. I have attached pictures, any assistance would be great. Thank you in advance:)
Attached Images

Apr 5, 2012, 8:29pm   #23
Selyn
I never had that problem with my distress hamilton.
Apr 5, 2012, 8:47pm   #24
l
luvsbags29
Account Deactivated
Thank you. The seller has told me it is not damage and that they contacted the store and it is part of the look of the bag. When I questioned them they said I was harassing them. Ugh! I am not sure what to do at this point.
Apr 5, 2012, 9:39pm   #25
e
eclipsemi
Originally Posted by luvsbags29
Thank you. The seller has told me it is not damage and that they contacted the store and it is part of the look of the bag. When I questioned them they said I was harassing them. Ugh! I am not sure what to do at this point.

File a Significantly not as described case with ebay through the resolution center.
Apr 5, 2012, 11:05pm   #26
Mrs.Bunny
I would agree. File a claim. You upheld your responsibilities in contacting the seller first. I sell and buy bags on EBay, and I'm appalled that they said you were "harassing" them. Crazy!
Apr 6, 2012, 10:37pm   #27
DP PURSE FAN
I have never seen a fake MK bag. I am sure in person you would be able to tell right away, it would be hard to tell on ebay especially if they take poor pictures.

The distressed bag is in poor shape and could be fake. I would file a claim with ebay they will help get your funds back. I would not keep this bag very defective!
Apr 13, 2012, 10:01pm   #28
Googleme
YES! I have been seeing more and more Kors knock offs so be cautious. There are even online stores that have dead ringers, but they are very much fake. Ive even seen them in the booths at the mall and at exhibit booths.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:03pm   #29
Googleme
Originally Posted by kuchingbabe
I am from Malaysia. I recently bought a micheal Kors handbag via its Original michealkors.com website. I received the package within a week from my order date, but the hang is terrible looking and cheap. In the website, its leather - but when i opened the box, it smells of cheap plastic. Upon closer inspection, there is a small patch on the left hand side of the (black leather) handbag that seemed to be peeling giving way to a 'brown' color underneath. Upon really close inspection (having saw the brown patch started the alert of fake alarm for me), the stiching is yucky and there is another white patch on the 'leather' holder. Then I found out that all internet selling and etc is actually done by Neiman Marcus on behalf of MK. I just found out that I can't claim my custom duties from Malaysian Custom. On top of that the amount I have to pay just to send the bag back is half of the amount i paid for the bag! So now I am stuck with rubbery looking and smelling bag from MK with brown and white patch and uneven sewing.
I just purchased a Hamilton and the stitching is the same as yours pictured in some places. I bought my bag from the store and I saw a couple that had the same.
Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 10:05pm. Reason: added comment
Apr 17, 2012, 2:33pm   #30
l
laura k
I just came back from St Thomas and saw fake MK bags sold in their outside market area.. They were awful, but had the MK tags.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >