Just saw a natasha in a gorgeous mink color, and saw this

Name:  ForumRunner_20120810_142807.png
Views: 2710
Size:  466.5 KB
The invisible snap closure is now completely visible
I am do turned off by this
Thoughts?
Aug 9, 2012, 11:43pm   #2
Is it no longer magnetic? I know the magnet has demagnetized my hotel cards in the past. Maybe someone complained.
Aug 10, 2012, 1:51am   #3
Classic Q collector
Yeah, they started this with the Spring bags (Blush, Blossom, Hazelnut, Rain Slicker). I'm not a fan...I hope people complain and they switch it back.
Aug 10, 2012, 8:37am   #4
To be honest, it doesn't really bother me. It isn't something you really see. Of course, I haven't carried one with that snap, so I guess that is the true test.
Aug 10, 2012, 1:20pm   #5
Classic Q collector
The problems for me are that the button closure is more run-of-the-mill and much stronger than the magnetic closure. Some people like that it's stronger but it pulls on the leather and over time it's more likely to damage the bag.
Aug 10, 2012, 2:05pm   #6
I have two Natasha's with the old style magnetic closure and I am definitely not a fan of this new button style! The sort of hidden magnetic closure gives the bag a more streamline look. I've never had any problems with things being demagnetized by it either.
Aug 10, 2012, 2:54pm   #7
Okay so this snap is new! I really thought it was fake on my hillier! Does the material on the inside feel different too?!
Aug 10, 2012, 3:28pm   #8
Classic Q collector
Originally Posted by ShoobieDoobie
Okay so this snap is new! I really thought it was fake on my hillier! Does the material on the inside feel different too?!
They changed the lining from cotton twill to nylon last Fall. I don't like it but a lot of people say its easier to clean.
Aug 10, 2012, 3:29pm   #9
Classic Q collector
And I've also never had probs with the hidden magnetic closure
Aug 10, 2012, 4:04pm   #10
bal convert
So all new bags that have the magnetic closure now have this kind of button?! MJ you have got to be kidding me
The button is still magnetic, but I really really prefer the hidden one. This really puts me off in buying MbMJs..
Aug 10, 2012, 4:08pm   #11
Originally Posted by Anonymous13

They changed the lining from cotton twill to nylon last Fall. I don't like it but a lot of people say its easier to clean.
It feels cheap and fake! Anything to save a buck...
Aug 10, 2012, 4:10pm   #12
Originally Posted by douzz

So all new bags that have the magnetic closure now have this kind of button?! MJ you have got to be kidding me
The button is still magnetic, but I really really prefer the hidden one. This really puts me off in buying MbMJs..
Yep. I just looked on Nordstrom.com. This might be my last one too.
Aug 10, 2012, 8:47pm   #13
Classic Q collector

Yep. I just looked on Nordstrom.com. This might be my last one too.
I had decided to just buy older bags because I dislike the new closure, but then Mink came out :) Now I want Wild Raspberry. If enough of us complain, maybe they'll change it!
Aug 11, 2012, 12:34pm   #14
the quality of MJ bags have been decreased...the leather used to be more pebbled and firmer then... dunno why though...
Aug 11, 2012, 3:40pm   #15
Classic Q collector
Originally Posted by sarah.mo
the quality of MJ bags have been decreased...the leather used to be more pebbled and firmer then... dunno why though...
I thought the same thing when I saw the bags from the Spring collection - with all the changes plus lesser quality leather (dry, flimsy, heavily pebbled) I was quite frustrated with MBMJ. However, I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the Pre-Fall collection (Mink, Meteorite Blue, Rum, Coral, Bone, Parrot Green). The leather is high-quality and the way I like it -smooth and lightly pebbled. I got two bags in Mink, one in Coral, as well as a new Black one (and I had one in Parrot Green but I exchanged it for the black one). I know some of us like the heavy pebble, but in my opinion the heavily pebbled bags can sometimes look like they've been put in the washing machine (cringing even thinking about it!).
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Marc Jacobs