Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

MAY/JUNE MJ and MBMJ purchses!!! POST YOUR PURCHASES HERE!!!

POST A REPLY

Jul 8, 2012, 8:07pm   #121
Anonymous13
Classic Q collector
Originally Posted by scoobiesmomma

Yes, I think PTTM leather is different. It looks much smoother than typical MbMJ leathers. After realizing that, I'm a little leery to purchase the PTTM Natasha as I love the yummy, lush pebbles on the MbMJ bags! I did see your comparison with the NP's after I had posted my original message as well! That was very helpful! I think Mink is such a cool color, neutral with a little pop. I'm definitely going to have to invest in a piece of Mink leather, now to just figure out which one!!?? Thanks for all your help!
If I were you, I'd go with the pebbled leather. I have a Voyage clutch, which is cow leather but smooth like PTTM. I only used it once several months ago, and when I pulled it out to take the most recent group pics, I noticed that there are some small scratches on the back. I have several Classic Q bags and haven't seen any scratches like that - not just because they wouldn't show as prominently but the pebbled leather seems to have some kind of coating that helps prevent scratches. Any help I can give is my pleasure - when you make your decision, post pics!
Jul 8, 2012, 9:45pm   #122
scoobiesmomma
♥♥♥
Originally Posted by Anonymous13
If I were you, I'd go with the pebbled leather. I have a Voyage clutch, which is cow leather but smooth like PTTM. I only used it once several months ago, and when I pulled it out to take the most recent group pics, I noticed that there are some small scratches on the back. I have several Classic Q bags and haven't seen any scratches like that - not just because they wouldn't show as prominently but the pebbled leather seems to have some kind of coating that helps prevent scratches. Any help I can give is my pleasure - when you make your decision, post pics!
Well, my two first bag choices were the Huge Hillier and the Baby Aidan, and I can't seem to find either in Mink...wonder if the were or will be made? Just my luck I suppose. I owned a Huge Hillier in Hickory and honestly it was some of the best & most durable leather I have ever owned!
Jul 8, 2012, 11:07pm   #123
Anonymous13
Classic Q collector

Well, my two first bag choices were the Huge Hillier and the Baby Aidan, and I can't seem to find either in Mink...wonder if the were or will be made? Just my luck I suppose. I owned a Huge Hillier in Hickory and honestly it was some of the best & most durable leather I have ever owned!
I've only seen Mink in the regular Hillier, Natasha, Fran/Francesca, and Percy (I've only seen the Percy on MJ's site). MBMJ didn't release any Huge Hilliers this season. It's possible that none came out last season but I wasn't really paying attention bc I wasn't impressed with the leather or the new button closure.
Jul 12, 2012, 10:49am   #124
lil_fashionista
Originally Posted by LadyAnya
I love those mouse flats! The colour is perfect for summer and the studs add that bit of edge to them.
I'm also wondering if they run true to size.
Adding them to my wishlist!
I sized down a hald size based on what I read on the Mouse flats thread. They run a little big.
Jul 16, 2012, 2:16am   #125
n
neenanina
Originally Posted by mcam
These are my purchases for May :)

MBMJ Kitty St. James Satchel
Marc Jacobs Small Fulton
Marc Jacobs Cooper
MBMJ TT Natasha
Marc Jacobs Quilted Deluxe Zip Wallet
MBMJ TT Shine Long Tri-fold Wallet

I love bags with long straps if you couldn't tell I have been wanting the Cooper for a long time now... so happy! I love all of them equally for different reasons
mcam, how are you liking the fulton?? i've been eyeing it. i can't tell how functional it is or if it's too structured for daily use. thanks!
Jul 19, 2012, 3:49pm   #126
d
dayna0808
Do you love Mink? I am debating getting a PTTM Natasha in Mink and just curious what you think about the color/leather? Thanks.
Did you end up getting it? I just ordered it from nordstroms without seeing it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >