Home > >

Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal To The Metal Sasha Shoulder Bag

POST A REPLY

Jun 9, 2012, 10:52pm   #931
faith_ann
came back haunted
Originally Posted by louisluver10
Hi i was wondering what year your petal to the metal natasha was made? the newer ones dont have cool prints on the lining!
Originally Posted by starbunny
The paisley lining was available on the first season of the Petal to the Metal collection which was in 2009 (I am pretty sure).
2009 is right. It was only the first season Sasha (larger version of the Natasha) that had the paisley lining, though. The Natasha was never made with it, although first season Natasha's do have the ribbon lining instead of the current logo lining.
Jul 6, 2012, 7:59pm   #932
melpomeni
a.k.a. Mandy!
I've had my eye on a PTTM Natasha but until they put a magnetic closure on the main flap I will always pass on it. How can anyone feel comfortable putting anything in the bag when it won't close securely? Other than that, it's such a cute style. Le sigh :/
Jul 6, 2012, 9:06pm   #933
pookybear
Originally Posted by melpomeni
I've had my eye on a PTTM Natasha but until they put a magnetic closure on the main flap I will always pass on it. How can anyone feel comfortable putting anything in the bag when it won't close securely? Other than that, it's such a cute style. Le sigh :/
I've never had any problems with that, the things that feel less secure I put into the many other zippered or magnetic closure pockets. The flap stays down nicely, never had any problems with it popping open while I'm wearing the bag
Jul 7, 2012, 6:57pm   #934
melpomeni
a.k.a. Mandy!
I guess it all depends on where you like to put stuff in your bag; the main compartment is where all the "important" things go for me, and with no proper closure? Nah, not happening! I'd only put a pen or lip gloss there if I owned a PTTM! So, what a waste of space.

Honestly the other Natashas (like the Classic Q, for example) have at least a magnetic closure; there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason the PTTM is lacking for it...except if they were wanting to make it ~different~, lol. It just seems odd IMO. Oh well, I'm a practical person at heart I suppose!
Jul 7, 2012, 11:18pm   #935
ninjanna
Bag addict!
It is a bit weird without anything closing the main compartment but there's always the flap with the zip where you can put things in.

The main compartment in the Natasha is still quite deep anyways so it hasn't really been an issue with me. I don't like to put a lot of things in my designer bags, in the fear that it might break the bag. But at least there's the option of the flap with the zip, and the back compartments, and of course the front pockets with the magnetic closure.
Jul 8, 2012, 11:01am   #936
melpomeni
a.k.a. Mandy!
True, you don't want to overstuff your bag if it can't handle it! The Natashas are only medium-sized after all, pretty good for daily use but not if you go to work and need to carry a lot of necessities. At least I think so!
Jul 8, 2012, 2:02pm   #937
Awwgeez
Was anyone here lucky enough to score the 75$ PTTM Sasha?!? The Sasha's seem to be rare these days!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marc-Marc-Ja...-/190699876735
Jul 8, 2012, 2:04pm   #938
pookybear
whoa, that's a crazy deal. hope someone on here got it!
Jul 8, 2012, 2:05pm   #939
faith_ann
came back haunted
Originally Posted by Awwgeez
Was anyone here lucky enough to score the 75$ PTTM Sasha?!? The Sasha's seem to be rare these days!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marc-Marc-Ja...-/190699876735
Originally Posted by pookybear
whoa, that's a crazy deal. hope someone on here got it!
i maaaaybe might know
Jul 8, 2012, 2:19pm   #940
pookybear
Originally Posted by faith_ann
i maaaaybe might know
haha lucky girl, chaching x2
Jul 8, 2012, 2:23pm   #941
faith_ann
came back haunted
Originally Posted by pookybear
haha lucky girl, chaching x2
ha wouldn't that be nice...
Jul 8, 2012, 2:28pm   #942
pookybear
is this for the puppy?
Jul 8, 2012, 2:34pm   #943
faith_ann
came back haunted
i wish i had the spare money to use it solely to carry her around in lol
Jul 8, 2012, 2:59pm   #944
nawth21
Addicted!
Does anyone have the color # of the fuchsia that was recently in stores? I keep coming across a plummier colored 'fuchsia' but I want the hot pinkish one. I missed out on the sales :(

Edit - that'd be the natasha style. But I figured this threads as good as any to post this random question. Pink is such a pain to photograph, it's easier to go off of color code # :)
Last edited Jul 8, 2012 at 3:54pm.
Jul 8, 2012, 3:09pm   #945
Awwgeez
Originally Posted by nawth21
Does anyone have the color # of the fuchsia that was recently in stores? I keep coming across a plummier colored 'fuchsia' but I want the hot pinkish one. I missed out on the sales :(

Sorry you missed out on the sales! I'm not sure if I have seen a hot pink one. But there is a hot orange one on Ebay right now that is just gorgeous!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >