Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Marc Jacobs V. Marc by Marc

POST A REPLY

Oct 28, 2009, 6:02pm   #1
f
fashion_mom1
Account Deactivated
It is a blizzard out and I am board. I want to see if you love MJ or MBMJ better? I personally love MBMJ because of the funkiness. It seems like it has more personality. Anyone else? No right answer.
Oct 28, 2009, 6:30pm   #2
nascar fan
just cruising
I love them both, but have to say I love the collection bags much more. I haven't bought a MbMJ since I bought my 2nd collection bag.
Oct 28, 2009, 6:38pm   #3
tadpolenyc
baahh, ram, ewe!
i definitely prefer mj by far.
Oct 28, 2009, 7:17pm   #4
angelnyc89
Originally Posted by tadpolenyc
i definitely prefer mj by far.

second this!
Oct 28, 2009, 7:28pm   #5
shoppingislove
^ I third that as well. However, there are some MBMJ pieces that catch my eye.
Oct 28, 2009, 7:44pm   #6
blackonmaroon
Always on the hunt
MJ Collection.
Oct 28, 2009, 7:54pm   #7
f
fashion_mom1
Account Deactivated
I apparantly need to get a nice MJ bag. I didnt like the satchel I had. this is interesting.
Oct 28, 2009, 10:02pm   #8
kmroboto
For me it's been a progression. At first I liked and bought the MBMJ bags but as my personal style got more sophisticated I have begun to prefer the collection bags more.
Oct 28, 2009, 10:05pm   #9
shop2drop1
On a ball field
I like them both equally. I have more MJ collection bags than MbMJ, but I carry the MbMJ more. Probably because, as a stay at home mom, my life style is super casual and I think the MbMJ is more casual and fits better w/ what I'm wearing and doing.
Oct 28, 2009, 10:09pm   #10
f
fashion_mom1
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by shop2drop1
I like them both equally. I have more MJ collection bags than MbMJ, but I carry the MbMJ more. Probably because, as a stay at home mom, my life style is super casual and I think the MbMJ is more casual and fits better w/ what I'm wearing and doing.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I am always in sweats and jeans as a mom. I think bags like the MJ stam are gorgoeus and yes sophisticated like another member said. I would love to me sophisticated, but my kids are too young. I am always impressed by some moms though who always look put together. That just isnt me. I still have diapers in my mbm bags.
Oct 28, 2009, 11:36pm   #11
selmom07
Yes, please.
MJ for sure. Because of their elegance and individuality and wonderful leathers and no real screamy logos and the "made in Italy" part and the chunky zippers and the beautiful quilting and patchworking or just the overall feel of the design, the bag shape, the chains or the straps or the handles... man, I could go on for a long time, I guess.

Because nothing makes me feel as tall and sexy and confident and kicky as wearing an MJ Collection bag, truly nothing.
Oct 28, 2009, 11:58pm   #12
matchka
42But what was the ?
^ selmom said it beautifully and I totally agree!

Plus I have to say that I am just as likely to carry a stam wearing sweats as wearing something more formal!! (and I bet you could fit a couple of disposable diapers in there too!! lol)
Oct 29, 2009, 1:27am   #13
jun3machina
hopelessly addicted
as much as certain MBMJ styles grab my attention, i always seem to end up disappointed in them for one reason or another...MJ collection bags have my heart. and if you manage to score a gently used one on *bay, they cost the same or even less than a MBMJ at retail...and the quality and timeless style is so much better IMHO...
Oct 29, 2009, 1:55am   #14
mjsmurf77
I agree that some MJ bags--like the stam and memphis bags--look out of place dressed down, but I think the classic bags are completely versatile, especially the ones in fun colors. I recently saw a woman wearing an emerald Blake with jeans and a fleece at a bar after a baseball game, and she looked fantastic. I love MBMJ bags, but you can't beat the collection bags for quality and durability!
Oct 29, 2009, 11:53am   #15
f
fashion_mom1
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by matchka
^ selmom said it beautifully and I totally agree!

Plus I have to say that I am just as likely to carry a stam wearing sweats as wearing something more formal!! (and I bet you could fit a couple of disposable diapers in there too!! lol)

I may have to try it!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >