Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal To The Metal Sasha Shoulder Bag

POST A REPLY

Dec 25, 2010, 6:26pm   #841
tortoiseperson
ReMember
Sorry can't edit my post: There is a (slightly damaged) Sasha on UK eBay so I actually just compared the relative measurements of Sasha & Natasha with bags I own and Sasha would look huge on me (5'3) Natasha will be best, if the flap thing is not a problem.
Dec 28, 2010, 9:35am   #842
J
Jeilamille
Hallo every one.

I just bought a marc by marc jacobs Petal to the Metal Sasha in cement color, and I was wondering what kind of zipper it should have, to be authentic? I know that he normally uses Riri or lampo zippers, but I have read somewhere that he also uses YKK zippers sometimes…?
Which zipper should be in a Petal to the Metal Sasha bag?
Dec 29, 2010, 6:18am   #843
douzz
bal convert
^ i think its best you take pics and post them on the authenticate this marc thread, the girls are really helpful there
Dec 29, 2010, 1:30pm   #844
d
ditzyfordaria
Originally Posted by myamericanheart
Yeah, they are definitely back out because Holt Renfrew in Toronto has them around at a few locations (they always get things last) and I've seen them on Shopbop and Nordstrom's website. I've only seen the Natasha though, not the Sasha (which is what I really want).
The last few times I've been in HR, I've fawned over them a little. But still haven't worked up the courage to try it on incase I fall head over heels for it. How are you liking your Natasha?

ps, hi tortie!
Dec 30, 2010, 2:14pm   #845
Jollyberry78
Hi Jeilamille,

While it's best to authenticate your purchase on TPF, I just wanted you to know that my PTTM pouchette has a YKK zipper.
Dec 30, 2010, 9:09pm   #846
mintrified
i'm waiting on my pttm natashas =D so excited!

then i saw this... NMA:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARC-JACOBS-PETA...item3363c37319

poor natasha, looks like it went through war and back
Jan 6, 2011, 2:37pm   #847
P
PurseSamples
Is the Kenneth Cole Jet Streat Tote too big for an everyday bag? There is a tan one on ebay that I am interested in, but I think it might be too big. Ideally I want the camera size. I am also looking for black.
Jan 29, 2011, 7:42pm   #848
Twinklette
Over*the*Rainbow
I just bought PTTM Sasha in a fuschia color today @ my local Nordies! Who would have thought it was still out there...I feel lucky as it's my birthday. Guess it was meant to be! What an adorable purse. Mine was full price though :(

this is the color -
Feb 16, 2011, 11:25am   #849
p
ponyexpressway
Originally Posted by iluvmybags

OMG!!
you captured the color PERFECTLY!!!
it's like the most perfect shade of steel grey - a little *hint* of blue (no wonder I love it so much - my two fav colors for bags are blue & grey!)
I HAVE to have this bag - no doubt about it!!
thank you for sharing those pics - they are stunning
(and I like the lining of the Newsprint so much better than the lining of the cement, which is the same pattern but diff colors)

hey your bag is great. what color is the inside zipper parts lining.. is it multi color or black and white.. i heard the leather on the newer ones isnt so nice. also can u wear this as a shoulder bag? like can u shorten the strap.
Feb 17, 2011, 8:38pm   #850
p
ponyexpressway
The Brown:

is this the only brown that this bag comes in other than the bombay color/ thanks
Feb 18, 2011, 2:17pm   #851
p
ponyexpressway

there hasn't been a whole lot of info about resort yet, but I was thinking the same way you are - that maybe I'd hold off for the Natasha instead of Sasha. I really like this color A LOT!!
hello
sorry there is a difference between a sasha and a natasha in the petal to the metal? what is the difference. thanks
Feb 18, 2011, 2:42pm   #852
marie-lou
Chocolate Heaven
^^The sasha is the bigger size!!
Feb 18, 2011, 3:00pm   #853
p
ponyexpressway
Originally Posted by marie-lou
^^The sasha is the bigger size!!
oh boy but no one is selling the sasaha.. how big is it.. i think i read somewhere 15x10? that is a bit huge

oh also can u double the strap over on both versions?
Feb 19, 2011, 4:50am   #854
marie-lou
Chocolate Heaven
Yes, you can double the strap on both!

In this thread you can find some comparison pics!
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jaco...al-615105.html
Feb 19, 2011, 4:52am   #855
marie-lou
Chocolate Heaven
The sasha is def "a bit huge", so it depends a bit on what size bags you like and what "fits" you.

Sasha is not in any of the current collections, so your only chances would be eBay or other resale sites!!

GL!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >