Home Premier Designers Marc Jacobs

Exposing to Sunlight

POST A REPLY

Aug 4, 2012, 2:55am   #1
C
Hey Girls,

I just got myself a black too hot small top handbag and on the care card that came with the bag says to avoid direct sunlight exposure. I'm taking it with me on my 2 week trip and I'm gonna be walking around with it assuming it will be sunny. What gives?
Aug 4, 2012, 3:26am   #2
Classic Q collector
I'm sure it will be fine. I think they mean leaving it out in the sun for extended periods. I'm not sure it will help with fading but you might get some leather conditioner if you haven't already. Otherwise, as it's MBMJ wear it with confidence and have fun on your trip!
Aug 4, 2012, 7:40am   #3
~*~*bagaholic*~*~
Stick it in the dust bag when you're not using it :) probably for storage purposes. Enjoy your bag!
Aug 4, 2012, 8:20am   #4
I agree with the others, it is really more about prolonged exposure. Have you ever looked at a window-display handbag? The direct exposure can fade the bag, but I don't think you will be displaying your bag in a window, so it will be fine.
Aug 4, 2012, 8:51am   #5
just cruising
Originally Posted by Cayla29S
Hey Girls,

I just got myself a black too hot small top handbag and on the care card that came with the bag says to avoid direct sunlight exposure. I'm taking it with me on my 2 week trip and I'm gonna be walking around with it assuming it will be sunny. What gives?
Every one of my MJ bags has the little care card in the pocket that says avoid direct sun exposure.
You can bet someone along the way left their bag in the car, in the back window or whatever, and ruined it. They prob created a ruckus and now MJ has to put that as a disclaimer.

You will be absolutely fine. They are made to be used - in the daytime as well as night. Don't think twice about it!
Aug 4, 2012, 12:48pm   #6
C
Okay thanks ladies I wasn't sure about that. I thought it was kind of stupid if it I wouldn't be able to use to walk around since I bought it for this trip. I didn't want to carry something that would get dirty easily.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Marc Jacobs