Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Your current foundations(s)?

POST A REPLY

Feb 26, 2011, 12:55pm   #16
declaredbeauty
Addict
Originally Posted by exotikittenx
lol so many nice foundations, and multiples at that! I never understood more than one foundation at a time, because aren't they just supposed to be the same color as your skin? Maybe someone can explain the need for more than one.

I am pretty basic when it comes to foundation. I have one bottle at a time that lasts me forever, and I do not slather it on my face. I only use the smallest amount and thinnest layer as a spot treatment, more to just even out my skin tone and not even have it on my entire face.

I use drugstore foundations, too, and have L'Oreal which I have found to be good and natural looking. I have also used Lancome that I have gotten samples of that is great quality. I do use other high end makeup (Chanel, Guerlain, Dior, Lancome, etc.), but never for foundation as I like my face to appear natural and not covered by a layer. Plus, I have freckles and don't like to cover them up.
Well I'm darker in the summer and lighter in the winter so I have my summer/winter shades. Plus my skin is different in both seasons. In the summer I get oily on my nose and cheeks, so I go for matte foundations. In the winter it's drier but still with oily spots (ie: right on the top of my nose) so I go for more of a normal-to dry skin formula because a matte foundation just looks too dry and cakey.
Feb 26, 2011, 1:28pm   #17
keodi
save mode..on.
Originally Posted by declaredbeauty
MUFE Face and Body Foundation: I love this. It's very light and doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation. I love it for daily use/running errands.

Revlon Photo Ready: It's alright. Nothing special. Does it's job. Hardly use it though... it's my go to foundation when the funds are low

Clarins Truly Matte Foundation: I bought this for less than $10 when Gottchalks was goings out of business. It's a shade too dark, so it's definitely a summer foundation. I like it.

MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation: I love this foundation but for the summer only. It looks cakey on me in the winter when my skin is drier.
loves! MUFE face and body!

Originally Posted by hyacinthus
1. NARS Sheer Glow in Macao: I love this! This shade is an almost perfect match for my skin, and it really does impart a "glow" when applied correctly. Oddly enough, a SA at Sephora tried to convince me that Cadiz is my "true match" and it did look pretty good...I may need to experiment a bit more.

2. Make Up Forever Face & Body in 18 (Camel) and 12 (Caramel): I had to go to the MUFE boutique downtown to have them custom blend it, but it was totally worth it. I wear this when I'm feeling super lazy, but I need concealer as it's just a step above a tinted moisturizer.

3. Revlon Colorstay (Oily/Combo formulation) in Caramel: I don't use this often so it just sits on my dresser. I may give it a go this week since my skin is looking a little better.

I just returned two shades of MUFE HD foundation, as 173 was a touch too light and 177 was a bit too dark. Blending them made me look REALLY yellow...like, banana-grade yellow.

I'm still in the process of trying other foundations. I gave up on MAC a long time ago as nothing matches me, unfortunately.
I agree! with the MAC foundations

Originally Posted by pquiles
NARS Sheer Matte in New Guinea
Revlon Colorstay- Used it 2Xs not a favorite may throw it out.
I'm curious what don't you like about it?

My top 5 foundations that I go to over and over are
NARS Sheer glow in New Guinea
: I love this so much I use it more in the wnter months in the summer use it as a tinted moisturizer
MUFE Face and body: I love this foundation it's light like declaredbeauty mentioned, and it's great in the summer. Thank goodness I have a MUFE boutique near me as I need a custom blend of shade 18 Camel, and shade 46. that blend is a perfect match!
MUFE Mat Velvet: shade #70 I love MAT velvet it keeps my t-zone from being shiny and it doesn't leave that matte cakey look look despite the name. one of my favourites especially in the summer months..
MUFE HD foundation: shade 177 I love mufe hd foundation as my face looks flawless in pictures!!!
Revlon Colour stay in Caramel #400: I was very impressed by this DS foundation. it holds up really well in the heat and humidity, and it doesn't oxidize on me and it's cheap!
Feb 26, 2011, 1:45pm   #18
KDB
I love handbags!
I use Chanel Mat Lumiere and I love it! It is perfect. I just finished my second bottle. I went to get another and the sales person suggested I buy Pro Lumiere. I hope I like it!!
Feb 26, 2011, 3:56pm   #19
pquiles
Originally Posted by keodi
I'm curious what don't you like about it?

My top 5 foundations that I go to over and over are
NARS Sheer glow in New Guinea: I love this so much I use it more in the wnter months in the summer use it as a tinted moisturizer
MUFE Face and body: I love this foundation it's light like declaredbeauty mentioned, and it's great in the summer. Thank goodness I have a MUFE boutique near me as I need a custom blend of shade 18 Camel, and shade 46. that blend is a perfect match!
MUFE Mat Velvet: shade #70 I love MAT velvet it keeps my t-zone from being shiny and it doesn't leave that matte cakey look look despite the name. one of my favourites especially in the summer months..
MUFE HD foundation: shade 177 I love mufe hd foundation as my face looks flawless in pictures!!!
Revlon Colour stay in Caramel #400: I was very impressed by this DS foundation. it holds up really well in the heat and humidity, and it doesn't oxidize on me and it's cheap!
Revlon Colorstay oxidizes on me after a few hours, leaving me looking orangey. Also, it didn't feel as weightless as my NARS Sheer Matte. Maybe it's the way I applied it.
Feb 26, 2011, 4:09pm   #20
Pinkpuff09
lol so many nice foundations, and multiples at that! I never understood more than one foundation at a time, because aren't they just supposed to be the same color as your skin? Maybe someone can explain the need for more than one.

I am pretty basic when it comes to foundation. I have one bottle at a time that lasts me forever, and I do not slather it on my face. I only use the smallest amount and thinnest layer as a spot treatment, more to just even out my skin tone and not even have it on my entire face.

I use drugstore foundations, too, and have L'Oreal which I have found to be good and natural looking. I have also used Lancome that I have gotten samples of that is great quality. I do use other high end makeup (Chanel, Guerlain, Dior, Lancome, etc.), but never for foundation as I like my face to appear natural and not covered by a layer. Plus, I have freckles and don't like to cover them up.
I was thinking the same thing

I have two foundations, one for winter and one for summer. My skin color changes pretty drastically between seasons, so I have two different shades of Laura Mercier Oil-Free Silk Creme Foundation. Though I'm thinking of starting to use a different, more natural-looking one, since I'm about to run out anyway.
Feb 26, 2011, 4:29pm   #21
EllAva
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Medium Ivory- Love it.

I also have BE in Golden Medium but I've not been using it as much anymore.
Feb 26, 2011, 4:41pm   #22
missgiannina
clinique acne solutions-i dont have acne but it helps control my oily skin
Feb 26, 2011, 5:14pm   #23
exotikittenx
Ooh la la!
Originally Posted by declaredbeauty
Well I'm darker in the summer and lighter in the winter so I have my summer/winter shades. Plus my skin is different in both seasons. In the summer I get oily on my nose and cheeks, so I go for matte foundations. In the winter it's drier but still with oily spots (ie: right on the top of my nose) so I go for more of a normal-to dry skin formula because a matte foundation just looks too dry and cakey.

Yeah, I get the tan during the summer thing. I meant aside from that lol. It takes me so long to finish a bottle that I can't justify more than one before they would go bad!
Feb 26, 2011, 5:24pm   #24
Nishi621
Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear, i will never use anything else now that I have found this!
Feb 26, 2011, 5:31pm   #25
hyacinthus
I use one when I want lighter coverage and another for when I need something heavier. My skin is temperamental and I don't always have time to cover up using concealer--if I use a medium-to-full coverage foundation then I most likely won't need to.
Feb 26, 2011, 10:41pm   #26
NoSnowHere
So Banned!
1) NARS Sheer Glow in Santa Fe
2) MAC Mineralize skin finish natural in medium plus
3) MAC SFF in NC 25
Feb 26, 2011, 11:15pm   #27
monolvlove
LV lvoer 4ever
Diorskin nude
Feb 26, 2011, 11:29pm   #28
flsurfergirl3
Shopaholic
i have a few foundations...some for summer (i live in FL & am in the sun a lot), some for winter when i'm more pale, some that are dewy, some matte, some mineral powder, some more coverage.

here are mine currently:

Clinique Superfit in Nutty. My go-to foundation that unfortunately is discontinued grrrr. it is REALLY dark on my skin but i mix it with a lighter illuminizer for a dewy glow. it is the ONLY foundation i have ever had that doesn't make my skin look cakey or white or powdery in photos. i used to use Clinique Stay True and no matter how dark of a shade i got, i would still appear pale in photos. the girl at the counter finally helped me and said the Superfit is a photo ready foundation and i've been using it ever since. i went to restock and they sold me the new Even Better in Nutty without telling me. i got it home and was pissed! i took it back and she explained and i said how awful it was i wasn't told that b4 i purchased. i kept it and she gave me a sample to try. i'll let ya know how i like it.

Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation in Pure Beige Medium 2. Just got it and i like it so far but it is very shimmery. I brush it on with a Kabuki if i'm in a rush in the AM.

Clinique Almost Makeup Tinted Moisturizer in Deep. I wear this when i am going to the pool, beach, or in the sun or on days i don't have time for full foundation. It makes me a little greasy so i always have MAC Blot Powder in Dark with me or my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder (the greenish one).

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Cool Beige. I bought this one recently because I was looking kinda orange lately with my other colors and i wanted to experiment. I like the look Khloe Kardash has (the pinky bright glowy look). I wore it and LOVED it but showed up not so hot in pics. my skin was bronze/tan and my face was pink/powdery even though it has shimmer in it. I am gonna try mixing it in with Nutty which does have a slight orange tint. idk how that will work out though. I am gonna purchase the other 2 colors offered by Revlon PhotoReady (they only offer 8 and i hear most girls mix theirs with Revlon ColorStay to get the perfect match) in Medium Beige and Golden Beige and will prob wind up mixing them to experiment with the color. I am crossing my fingers that they won't also show up bad in pics. I mean, duh, it's called PhotoReady!
Feb 26, 2011, 11:39pm   #29
chunkylover53
Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous in Lite- love the texture, but if I need a little more coverage I go for:

Shiseido Hydro-Liquid foundation in I20
Feb 27, 2011, 12:17am   #30
k
krazydaisy
for foundation i am picky i have tried many different high end foundations and find that it doesn't do what i like but right now i switch with clarins everlasting and bobbi brown oil free even finish foundation & both of them are the best i have ever tried i am half way through both of the foundations and me finishing 1/2 or all of a foundation never happened b4
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >