Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

Urban Decay build your own e/s pallette


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 27, 2012, 8:43pm   #16
Pursegrrl's Avatar
Thread Starter
Oh no she di-int!!
Originally Posted by exotikittenx
I want one! How much does it end up being all in all? These agree so awesome, but may need to wait until a sale!
My total before tax was US$118.00, and 3-day shipping was free. The palette with one e/s included is $18 as are each of the shadows. So hmm....more expensive than MAC's un-potted e/s, but I'm not sure how much product is in their pans vs UD to do a true comparison.

I'm crossing fingers this is a good investment. I LOVE the quality of the UD e/s, and I'm doing some out of town travel in July where I will want something new and fun in makeup to bring, without having to pack an UD BOS which will be too bulky.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Hmm, the link in my original post does not work - here's another attempt just in case:
http://www.sephora.com/build-your-ow...?skuId=1403021


XXXOO PG
Jun 27, 2012, 9:15pm   #17
flsurfergirl3's Avatar
Shopaholic
i saw it tonight at Sephora but it is SO expensive! some of the colors i had never noticed before were amazing. my friend said she has a lot of fallout with them though.
Jun 27, 2012, 9:25pm   #18
OMG3kids's Avatar
Lives with a circus
I have zero fallout with UD, but I use their primer potion.

Forgive any typos, I'm on my iPhone!
Jun 27, 2012, 11:23pm   #19
Pursegrrl's Avatar
Thread Starter
Oh no she di-int!!
The real metallic, glittery UD e/s are major fallout problems for me (hello, Midnight Cowboy rides again). I look like I'm going clubbing after a hard day at work, even with the primer potion!

Thankfully the less glittery shades don't fallout on me that often. I just make sure to prime my lids and tap off excess shadow from my brush and pat on rather than rub.

XXXOO PG
Jun 28, 2012, 4:24am   #20
swtstephy's Avatar
Member
I really want this but I have way too many pallets and eyeshadows already. I think Ulta occasionally has a 20% off entire purchase coupon which might work on this. I just got one in the mail 2 days ago. If it works I think I'll be getting this but probably wont be filling it up since it'd still be pretty expensive.
Jun 28, 2012, 8:38am   #21
OMG3kids's Avatar
Lives with a circus
Originally Posted by Pursegrrl
The real metallic, glittery UD e/s are major fallout problems for me (hello, Midnight Cowboy rides again). I look like I'm going clubbing after a hard day at work, even with the primer potion!

Thankfully the less glittery shades don't fallout on me that often. I just make sure to prime my lids and tap off excess shadow from my brush and pat on rather than rub.

XXXOO PG
I don't wear any super glittery ones. I'm too...ahem...mature for mega glitter. And I almost always use a slightly damp brush--a habit I got into when I used the horribly crumbly (yet still expensive) Dior shadows.
UD shadows are my HG shadows, and I use their Surreal Skin foundation too. First foundation I've ever loved!

Forgive any typos, I'm on my iPhone!
Jun 28, 2012, 10:56am   #22
exotikittenx's Avatar
Ooh la la!
Originally Posted by Pursegrrl

My total before tax was US$118.00, and 3-day shipping was free. The palette with one e/s included is $18 as are each of the shadows. So hmm....more expensive than MAC's un-potted e/s, but I'm not sure how much product is in their pans vs UD to do a true comparison.

I'm crossing fingers this is a good investment. I LOVE the quality of the UD e/s, and I'm doing some out of town travel in July where I will want something new and fun in makeup to bring, without having to pack an UD BOS which will be too bulky.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Hmm, the link in my original post does not work - here's another attempt just in case:
http://www.sephora.com/build-your-ow...?skuId=1403021

XXXOO PG
Thanks! I think if you will get a ton of use out of it, then it's worth it. They make amazing eyeshadows. I haven't gotten the naked palette yet, so I may just opt for that and get shadows one at a time otherwise. If I end up with enough to fill a palette, then I'll buy it! :)
Jun 28, 2012, 9:58pm   #23
Pursegrrl's Avatar
Thread Starter
Oh no she di-int!!
Originally Posted by exotikittenx
Thanks! I think if you will get a ton of use out of it, then it's worth it. They make amazing eyeshadows. I haven't gotten the naked palette yet, so I may just opt for that and get shadows one at a time otherwise. If I end up with enough to fill a palette, then I'll buy it! :)
Sounds great! Not to get too OT, but IMO the Naked 2 palette is better both for cool (pink) skin undertones (like I have) and also for purse/travel as it's in a metal case that snaps shut. The original Naked palette is in a velvet case with magnetic closure.

XXXOO PG
Jun 29, 2012, 8:10am   #24
B
Account Deactivated
What colors are in the naked palette 2? I have first one but looking at the pics they kinda of look the same yes?
Jun 29, 2012, 8:43am   #25
OMG3kids's Avatar
Lives with a circus
I can't tell much of a difference between the original and the 2 palette either. But all are lovely colors!
If anyone knows the exact difference please share. :)

Edited to add: I'm too lazy to look it up on UD.com and find out. LOL
Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 8:44am. Reason: laziness
Jun 29, 2012, 8:14pm   #26
exotikittenx's Avatar
Ooh la la!
Originally Posted by Pursegrrl

Sounds great! Not to get too OT, but IMO the Naked 2 palette is better both for cool (pink) skin undertones (like I have) and also for purse/travel as it's in a metal case that snaps shut. The original Naked palette is in a velvet case with magnetic closure.

XXXOO PG
Thank you for the tip!
Jun 29, 2012, 8:52pm   #27
Pursegrrl's Avatar
Thread Starter
Oh no she di-int!!
Hey godesses...my palette and shadows arrived today and I LOVE them!! I love the tin too - it's a perfect size for purse or travel (snaps shut securely).

The individual e/s are SO easy to pop out and put into the palette. So easy as you just need to open the lid of the e/s and gently press your thumbs on the bottom and voila! What a difference from all of the heating and prying I needed to do with my MAC e/s (anyone else here identify with this?) :-D

Make sure to purchase the newer-style UD e/s for this palette. The original ones that look like subway tokens won't pop out like these.

XXXOO PG
Jun 29, 2012, 9:17pm   #28
Pursegrrl's Avatar
Thread Starter
Oh no she di-int!!
Originally Posted by OMG3kids
I can't tell much of a difference between the original and the 2 palette either. But all are lovely colors!
If anyone knows the exact difference please share. :)

Edited to add: I'm too lazy to look it up on UD.com and find out. LOL
Here's a link to a side by side comparison of the Nakeds

http://www.urbandecay.com/Naked/14,d...ay&prefv1=true

XXXOO PG
Jun 29, 2012, 10:25pm   #29
OMG3kids's Avatar
Lives with a circus
Thanks!!!
Glad the palette is love-worthy!!

Forgive any typos, I'm on my iPhone!
Jul 8, 2012, 8:45pm   #30
8ubble6umpink's Avatar
Member
Just ordered mine. I got only 1 shadow and it's the Midnight Cowgirl Rides Again, fell in love with it!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up  
TOP

Thread Tools