Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Post your CHANEL Purchases, Questions, Swatches, Chit Chat, etc... :)

POST A REPLY

Jun 21, 2010, 10:12am   #16
DeeDeeDelovely
Quiet!Hermes Hunting
Has anyone tried Hydramax + Active Nutrition lip care? I know I know $$$ for lip balm but I keep reading great reviews.
Jun 21, 2010, 11:30am   #17
bunnymasseuse
BunniesN'DaSun
I must get those new polishes!
Jun 21, 2010, 1:28pm   #18
devoted7
^you are the polish queen...get them!

Originally Posted by nekonat
Oooh...one creamy and the other a matte finish?
yup! not sure how the matte black would work out for me.

Originally Posted by DeeDeeDelovely
Has anyone tried Hydramax + Active Nutrition lip care? I know I know $$$ for lip balm but I keep reading great reviews.
omg. you're missing out. GET IT!! it's amazing! well worth the $45. I use this on my lips first. wait about a minute and apply my lipsticks...and it's application is amazing. feels and looks great and lasts long too! I love it! I think I convinced pond to get it and she loves it too! Def. go for it!
Jun 21, 2010, 1:50pm   #19
bunnymasseuse
BunniesN'DaSun
Originally Posted by devoted7
^you are the polish queen...get them!
Lol, I don't try to be but it's tempting! This would be my first purchase (the other 2 I have are gifts or from SWAP box)... I feel like I'm turning a leaf!

Now granted I have one lipgloss but I've never tried the lipsticks nor know what to even look into trying..
Jun 21, 2010, 4:37pm   #20
pond23
Stephanie
Originally Posted by DeeDeeDelovely
^ Oh yeah! devoted7 convinced to me to buy this big time. The texture is heavenly. It has a balm-like texture that melts on contact. Very luxurious and emollient.

devoted7: The Nordies Anniversary eye shadow quad is $65. In the duty free stores it is around $54, so the sneaky little devils are adding in the tax. I played with this quad on Saturday. It is a bit sheer, not opaque like Karla Sugar's swatches. But the tester was a bit beaten up, so I don't know if that added to the sheerness. I prefer the Kaska Beige quad. I don't have the Beiges De Chanel, so I really can't compare the two. So I didn't pick up the Nordies Quad, but I am still debating it since I love almost anything Chanel and limited edition.

The Kaska Beige quad is more plummy and more pigmented, and the Nordies Quators quad is more brown and beige-ish.
Last edited Jun 21, 2010 at 4:40pm.
Jun 21, 2010, 6:57pm   #21
DeeDeeDelovely
Quiet!Hermes Hunting
Originally Posted by devoted7
omg. you're missing out. GET IT!! it's amazing! well worth the $45. I use this on my lips first. wait about a minute and apply my lipsticks...and it's application is amazing. feels and looks great and lasts long too! I love it! I think I convinced pond to get it and she loves it too! Def. go for it!
Originally Posted by pond23
^ Oh yeah! devoted7 convinced to me to buy this big time. The texture is heavenly. It has a balm-like texture that melts on contact. Very luxurious and emollient.
sold
Jun 22, 2010, 12:35am   #22
devoted7
^LOL! let us know how you like it
Originally Posted by pond23
devoted7: The Nordies Anniversary eye shadow quad is $65. In the duty free stores it is around $54, so the sneaky little devils are adding in the tax. I played with this quad on Saturday. It is a bit sheer, not opaque like Karla Sugar's swatches. But the tester was a bit beaten up, so I don't know if that added to the sheerness. I prefer the Kaska Beige quad. I don't have the Beiges De Chanel, so I really can't compare the two. So I didn't pick up the Nordies Quad, but I am still debating it since I love almost anything Chanel and limited edition.

The Kaska Beige quad is more plummy and more pigmented, and the Nordies Quators quad is more brown and beige-ish.
Ohhh okay, I ordered Kaska Beige and should get it soon. I'm hoping I will like it. I talked to my MA and she said that's the closest quad to the Beiges de Chanel. Lets hope so.
Jun 22, 2010, 1:11am   #23
it'sanaddiction
Nordies has their beauty exclusives available for pre-order online now. I couldn't resist Chanel. I got the Muscat Glossimer, soft shimmery pink. The Quatuor Boutons Eyeshadow quad and Rose Des Vents Nail Polish. I just got an email saying the glossimer has shipped, I was surprised because I thought that nothing was going to be shipped until July. (Maybe it wasn't a beauty exclusive, but Temptalia has it as one and I followed her link for it and the polish.) The polish pic is from ebay, though I did order from nordies.

Last edited Jun 22, 2010 at 1:30am.
Jun 22, 2010, 7:23pm   #24
devoted7
^woohoo! can't wait! Also, where did you find the glossimer? I didn't see it the only Nordies exclusive I saw was the quad.

In the mean time...my Chanel goodies should arrive today
Jun 22, 2010, 8:16pm   #25
it'sanaddiction
^^Yay, post some pics, we want some eye candy!

I found the glossimer and nail polish by going through temptalia's site. She has a list of Nordies Anniversary Sale items that caught her eye. Here is a link to her post, then you have to click on the item to go to Nordies

http://www.temptalia.com/nordstrom-a...der-starts-now
Jun 23, 2010, 3:04pm   #26
devoted7
I will take pictures soon, I was lazy last night. LOL! and thanks for the link...without the link, I wouldn't be able to find it.
Jun 23, 2010, 7:54pm   #27
L
Loquita
devoted, THANK YOU for starting this thread!!!

I am just back from my trip to Spain and am catching up...and I have been dying for some decent pics of the Nordie's Anniv. Chanel stuff, so the great photos are much appreciated.

DeeDee, I also second devoted's mad love for the Hydromax lip stuff - I have gotten some samples of it (it was out everywhere around here, waaah) and it is wicked. A little bit goes a very long way, so I am still not done with my 2 samples. I will almost certainly be buying it, though.

And here's some kinda blurry pics of what I got on my trip (shopping with my SO keeps me in line, lol - because I ran into so much Chanel stuff that is not available here at all). And then the duty free at the airport was cleaned out, which further curbed my spending.

Nail polishes in Spendeur, Nouvelle Vague, and White Satin - I have been stalking these three...I actually did buy a Nouvelle Vague for over retail a whole ago on ick-bay, but then I sold it before using it because I was annoyed with myself for paying too much. (I am crazy, I know). So then regretted it, and bought another bottle. Need my head examined.

They also had tons of other np colors that we don't have in the States anymore. I talked to the SAs and they told me that the popular color there was Blue Satin, and that Nouvelle Vague wasn't as big of a hit as in the States. They were really curious about what people were wearing in the States.

And I found some Super lipstick, which is beautiful and more wearable than you would think...plus some nail polish remover. They had ALL of the LE Rouge Cocos in the store I went into as well: Teheran, Sari Dore, Byzantin...it was sheer torture to go in there and only have 5 minutes to spend (note to self: do not attempt cosmetics shopping with the SO again).
Attached Images

Jun 23, 2010, 9:24pm   #28
pond23
Stephanie
^ Welcome back Loquita! You found the nail polish remover! This has product has to come to the States. I'm dying to try it.

Isn't Super a great color? I bought it when it first came out, and it is such a hot cheerful pink.

I'm surprised that Nouvelle Vague wasn't popular there. I guess they prefer darker, smokey nail polish colors to lighter pastel ones. At least you got to benefit from this and snatch a bottle.
Jun 23, 2010, 11:56pm   #29
devoted7
Loquita: I'm really loving your nail polishes! They're gorgeous! Can't wait to see your mani's
Jun 24, 2010, 12:01am   #30
it'sanaddiction
Originally Posted by Loquita
devoted, THANK YOU for starting this thread!!!

I am just back from my trip to Spain and am catching up...and I have been dying for some decent pics of the Nordie's Anniv. Chanel stuff, so the great photos are much appreciated.

DeeDee, I also second devoted's mad love for the Hydromax lip stuff - I have gotten some samples of it (it was out everywhere around here, waaah) and it is wicked. A little bit goes a very long way, so I am still not done with my 2 samples. I will almost certainly be buying it, though.

And here's some kinda blurry pics of what I got on my trip (shopping with my SO keeps me in line, lol - because I ran into so much Chanel stuff that is not available here at all). And then the duty free at the airport was cleaned out, which further curbed my spending.

Nail polishes in Spendeur, Nouvelle Vague, and White Satin - I have been stalking these three...I actually did buy a Nouvelle Vague for over retail a whole ago on ick-bay, but then I sold it before using it because I was annoyed with myself for paying too much. (I am crazy, I know). So then regretted it, and bought another bottle. Need my head examined.

They also had tons of other np colors that we don't have in the States anymore. I talked to the SAs and they told me that the popular color there was Blue Satin, and that Nouvelle Vague wasn't as big of a hit as in the States. They were really curious about what people were wearing in the States.

And I found some Super lipstick, which is beautiful and more wearable than you would think...plus some nail polish remover. They had ALL of the LE Rouge Cocos in the store I went into as well: Teheran, Sari Dore, Byzantin...it was sheer torture to go in there and only have 5 minutes to spend (note to self: do not attempt cosmetics shopping with the SO again).
So jealous of Super, I missed getting it! Welcome back, missed your posts!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >