Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

Nude Lips...suggestions?

POST A REPLY

Oct 5, 2009, 1:13pm   #106
L
To me, the queen of all nude lipsticks is Creme d'Nude by MAC. Gingerroot lip liner with it goes great!

Blankety is somewhat brown.
YSL #2 is much much darker.
Revlon Nude Attitude is very peachy.
MAC Myth is the same color, but I like the Cremesheen formulation of Creme d'Nude much more.

Creme d'Nude is a true nude.
Last edited Oct 5, 2009 at 1:16pm.
Oct 8, 2009, 8:50am   #107
d
Originally Posted by Loquita
I have yellow undertones, too, and finding a good nude is very hard!!! To answer your first question, I would def. wear lip pencil with nude lips (otherwise your mouth can get "lost", and you can use a great universal lip pencil (like MAC's Spice) to warm up just about any nude lipstick that might not normally work on you. As far as nude lipsticks, I would check out MAC's Hug Me, which has a very nice texture and color for yellow undertones. Wear it with MAC's Subculture, Stripdown, or Spice lipliner. I would stay far away from MAC's lip glosses if you object to sticky lipglosses, though, and check out lines like Three Custom Color (online), Laura Mercier, or Korres (they have some lovely nudes that aren't sticky at all at Sephora) instead.

Alternatively, the very best makeup line out there for face, eye, & lip colors in the nude range is Bobbi Brown (at least IMO), so you might want to just do one-stop shopping there for lipstick, liner, and gloss -- but the gloss is a tad sticky (though not anything like MAC's), so be forewarned. The good part about stickier gloss though is that it lasts longer!!

I hope that this helps!!!
Loquita, thanks for recommending this! Hug Me with stripdown is my new favorite nude lip. It's pretty much the same color as Underplay which is a "amplified" lipstick....gorgeous color but extra extra creamy and ends up getting clumpy on my lips. I dealt with it because I loved the color, but not anymore, lol! Hug me does a much better job. Sorry Underplay, you've been replaced
Oct 8, 2009, 10:37pm   #108
L
Originally Posted by dee-dee
Loquita, thanks for recommending this! Hug Me with stripdown is my new favorite nude lip. It's pretty much the same color as Underplay which is a "amplified" lipstick....gorgeous color but extra extra creamy and ends up getting clumpy on my lips. I dealt with it because I loved the color, but not anymore, lol! Hug me does a much better job. Sorry Underplay, you've been replaced
Yeah!!

I am so glad that you found this helpful...a great MA helped me figure this one out, after I had been searching forever. Finding a good nude lipstick is so hard, esp. if you have yellow undertones.
Oct 9, 2009, 8:27am   #109
Elaine
I like MAC High Tea and L'Oreal Fairest Nude. I have a few others on my wish list...
Oct 10, 2009, 10:24am   #110
All That Glitters ♥
I have been using Urban Decay's Naked lipstick, and it is a favorite of mine at the moment. Really pretty, pinkish nude color!
Oct 10, 2009, 5:27pm   #111
L
Another fave nude lip of mine is MAC Stripdown l/l with the new LE Lipglass in Runway Fave...it is a pale, yet just warm enough nude to work well on me. It's nice and edgy.

For something a bit more on the pink side, I MAC Subculture l/l with Dazzleglass Creme in Soft Dazzle on top. It's a very soft & wearable combo.
Oct 12, 2009, 12:36pm   #112
a
mac fleshpot is my favorite so far. i also like blankety and use it as my backup when i run out of fleshpot :)
Oct 12, 2009, 5:16pm   #113
I picked up MAC Dervish l/l and Subculture l/l, the Dervish is slightly pink so it gives Hug Me a little pinkish cast, while Subculture makes it more nude.
Oct 12, 2009, 6:49pm   #114
L
Originally Posted by Bridget S.
I picked up MAC Dervish l/l and Subculture l/l, the Dervish is slightly pink so it gives Hug Me a little pinkish cast, while Subculture makes it more nude.
Subculture is the BEST l/l color, ever. I'm a huge fan!
Oct 12, 2009, 8:37pm   #115
Originally Posted by Bridget S.
We have the same tastes! I wear Hug Me with Dervish and Subculture too! Whirl is also a nice l/l. It's similar to the other two as well. :)
Oct 12, 2009, 8:40pm   #116
Originally Posted by pinkinthecity
I have been using Urban Decay's Naked lipstick, and it is a favorite of mine at the moment. Really pretty, pinkish nude color!
I love Naked! UD l/s are so creamy and longwearing... well, to me anyway. It's definitely more pink than my other nudes, but that's why I like it. It picks up on my olive skintone and doesn't make me look like a corpse. Lol!
Oct 28, 2009, 7:28pm   #117
Hoping you makeup pros can help a girl out.

I have highly pigmented, super red lips that just get in the way of my makeup! The natural color messes up the color of whatever lippies I decide to try, and I can never do a nude lip that stays put AND looks good.

To top it off, my lips are on the dry side, so things like concealer and even MAC's "Lip Erase" REALLY dry them out further, making them peel. :(

I'm not really sure what to do anymore. Any of you have nude lipstick favorites/recommendations, ones that are not sheer, but aren't drying, either?

Thanks very much!
Oct 28, 2009, 7:51pm   #118
L
There's actually a great thread on this already!

http://forum.purseblog.com/showthrea...errerid=127932

(And I feel you on the endless search for the perfect nude lip, esp. if you have really pigmented lips to begin with).

I myself highly recommend MAC's Hug Me with MAC Stripdown lipliner underneath, or if you like a pinker nude, try the same lipstick over MAC Subculture lipliner. My lips are also on the dry side, but it's not an issue with this lippie.
Oct 28, 2009, 8:03pm   #119
Oh cool, thanks for the link, Loquita!

I've tried Hug Me, but haven't tried it with either of those liners. Makes sense that the liner would mute my lip color. Totally giving it a shot!

Thank you so much!
Oct 29, 2009, 12:56pm   #120
Halt and Salute
Here's my suggestion:

to battle the dryness, put on a very moisturizing lip conditioner before you go to bed, and then again before you get in the shower each morning. By the time your makeup is done and you are ready for l/s, you can wipe it off and have highly moisturized lips for the day.

Then find a nude liner that works well for you and line and then fill in very well your lips. Then put on a nude l/s. My faves are MACs Blankety and Hug Me, but I have every MAC nude l/s under the sun. Perhaps I need to swatch them all and put them in the MAC swatch thread for everyone!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up