Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

new YSL rouge couture glossy stain

POST A REPLY

Mar 16, 2012, 7:15am   #1
h
Has anyone tried the new YSL rouge couture glossy stain.... do you like the colors

texture?
Mar 16, 2012, 6:50pm   #2
Bling!
Yes, love these and have bought several. I find it is not sticky and actually quite moisturizing - very comfortable for long wear.
Mar 16, 2012, 7:10pm   #3
h
^thanks... will check them out at BG over the weekend...
Mar 17, 2012, 9:46am   #4
I <3 life
I bought this last weekend and I love it. It isn't drying like most stains and it really is a good mix of a stain/gloss. It lasted on my lips for a long while and that was through drinking coffee.
Mar 18, 2012, 2:50am   #5
steph
Thank you for starting this thread! I am so excited to try these out. Several colors are calling out to me, including Violet #1, Brun Cashmere, Pourpre, and one of the Rose shades.
Mar 19, 2012, 2:09am   #6
a
A+ quality... I keep buying more and now I have 5 colors..
Mar 19, 2012, 5:44am   #7
N
Nat
Account Deactivated
What is a lip/glossy stain? Never heard of it before Is it different from gloss?
Mar 19, 2012, 1:57pm   #8
steph
Originally Posted by Nat
What is a lip/glossy stain? Never heard of it before Is it different from gloss?
^ Hey Nat! I played with the new YSL gloss/stains yesterday at Sephora. They are a light, non-sticky gloss-type product which leaves behind a nice stain on the lips as it wears off. So it is basically a gloss-stain hybrid available in a wide range of colors. I tried all the colors, and #4 Mauve was personally my favorite. #16 Pourpre and a few of the rose/pink colors are nice too. Sephora didn't have the #1 Violet shade. HTH!
Mar 19, 2012, 3:20pm   #9
N
Nat
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by pond23
^ Hey Nat! I played with the new YSL gloss/stains yesterday at Sephora. They are a light, non-sticky gloss-type product which leaves behind a nice stain on the lips as it wears off. So it is basically a gloss-stain hybrid available in a wide range of colors. I tried all the colors, and #4 Mauve was personally my favorite. #16 Pourpre and a few of the rose/pink colors are nice too. Sephora didn't have the #1 Violet shade. HTH!
Hey Steph! Thanks for explaining it to me! Non-sticky actually sounds good to me, because I really dislike the sticky glosses.

I'm going to check these out soon!
Mar 19, 2012, 9:31pm   #10
Bling!
They aren't sticky at all and wear really nicely.
Mar 20, 2012, 5:13pm   #11
♥ loves Louboutins ♥
I love the formula, I have sensitive and dry flaky lips and most lip products make me peely, but this gloss/stain does not! I have #17 (a nude pinky shade) and #15 (brighter pink shade), #17 is more for every day wear and #15 is if I want a bolder lip. Both colors complement my fair NC20 skintone very well. I thought I would like #19 (pale pink) but it was not very flattering with my coloring (fair skin, dark eyes and black hair).
Mar 20, 2012, 8:29pm   #12
Ohhhh, these sound lovely! Thanks for posting.. I'm going to have to look them up at Sephora.
Mar 20, 2012, 9:34pm   #13
<3OOO~~~
how are they on pigmented lips? ie: do they show up nicely?
Mar 21, 2012, 11:11pm   #14
Originally Posted by gymangel812
how are they on pigmented lips? ie: do they show up nicely?
They have a good pigment, my lips are very pigmented and they show up on my lips! I am liking mine so far.
Mar 22, 2012, 9:03am   #15
Girly Gear Head
I'm really wanting to try these. I don't have a YSL makeup counter in any of my nearby dept stores, and I'd love to see them in person. I don't even know if our Sephora has these in stock, but I plan to check there before buying online. I am definitely interested in #15, and probably a few more if I can find somewhere to see them in person.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up