Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

Makeup Brushes !!


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 24, 2012, 8:31am   #481
michie's Avatar
Ain't got da answers
Originally Posted by keodi

the reason why I sold my NARS brushes. You'll like the F80 it does a great job of buffing in the foundation.
Yes, it does! I tried it and it is awesome. I like the 109, but it does shed. The F80 created a flawless finish. And, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that about NARS brushes.
Jul 3, 2012, 12:03pm   #482
s
Member
I purchased a full set from Sigma and love them! They have been compared to MAC brushes.
Does anyone else use these brushes?
Jul 3, 2012, 1:57pm   #483
michie's Avatar
Ain't got da answers
I have a few of them & I really like them. However, I do notice that the ones I see the YT girls use almost always look misshapen. I'm guessing they don't really take care of them.
Jul 3, 2012, 2:12pm   #484
keodi's Avatar
save mode..on.
Originally Posted by michie
I have a few of them & I really like them. However, I do notice that the ones I see the YT girls use almost always look misshapen. I'm guessing they don't really take care of them.
I'm not a big fan of the animal hair sigma brushes. I bought a set a long time ago, for travel and they didn't hold up very well.
Jul 3, 2012, 9:59pm   #485
Lady Chinadoll's Avatar
Member
Quote:
I purchased a full set from Sigma and love them! They have been compared to MAC brushes.Does anyone else use these brushes?
I DON"T care for their marketing / kick-back program that makes me wonder if someone really likes their brushes or are they promoting the brushes to get a bonus point. It was a real let down when I found out that my favorite u tube gal wasn't so pro the brushes, but more pro promoting for other reasons.
Jul 4, 2012, 4:01am   #486
Llisa's Avatar
Member
I have one Mac brushes sets, Brush is important for makeup. I think it worth to invest.
I don't pay more attention on the cleaning, did someone have good tips for cleaning the brushes?
Jul 6, 2012, 3:42pm   #487
FendiBagLauren's Avatar
FendiBagLauren
The only reason I don't is because I've read so many times that brushes are like little germ magnets and need to be thrown out more often than you think.
Jul 6, 2012, 8:56pm   #488
rainrowan's Avatar
where's my bag?!
I have about 2 dozen brushes that I've purchased one by one over many years... so I guess added up, it's a chunk of money. My very first set straight out of college was a 5 or 6-piece Chanel, that was $150... 30 years ago!

If I would start all over, I might just buy a full set of NARS and nothing more. I love the two NARS brushes I've got.
Jul 7, 2012, 5:16pm   #489
declaredbeauty's Avatar
Addict
Originally Posted by Neo007
I've recently gotten the small but mighty Shiseido foundation brush, and I absolutely love it!!! I clean it by first swishing it back and forth in a bit of oil free eye make up remover, and then rinsing it off with a bit of Purity from Philosophy. It's been a few weeks of doing this, and my brush gets super clean but still looks like new, so so far so good. Maybe worth a try?
I soaked my new foundation brush (ended up getting a sonia kashuk flat top brush) in white vinegar for a few minutes and then washed it with purity made simple. Left no residue whatsoever! Thanks!
Jul 7, 2012, 6:25pm   #490
B
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by declaredbeauty

I soaked my new foundation brush (ended up getting a sonia kashuk flat top brush) in white vinegar for a few minutes and then washed it with purity made simple. Left no residue whatsoever! Thanks!
How do you like the brush? Do you use it for your liquid foundation?
Aug 3, 2012, 3:29pm   #491
Mediana's Avatar
~Travelista~
Hi, I have to admit I haven't read all of this thread. Its loOong. Anyway .. I recently got some Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and I was sure I had some brushes but I seem to have misplaced them. What would you recommend? Bobbie Browns Ultra fine Eyliner brush or Mac 209 or 210?

Also, I really need a set of brushes for Travel to go along with a Naked Palette + perhaps eyeliner and blush. I don't use make up that often when I travel so I don't want to spend a fortune. Any recs?
Aug 3, 2012, 10:43pm   #492
8ubble6umpink's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Mediana
Hi, I have to admit I haven't read all of this thread. Its loOong. Anyway .. I recently got some Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and I was sure I had some brushes but I seem to have misplaced them. What would you recommend? Bobbie Browns Ultra fine Eyliner brush or Mac 209 or 210?

Also, I really need a set of brushes for Travel to go along with a Naked Palette + perhaps eyeliner and blush. I don't use make up that often when I travel so I don't want to spend a fortune. Any recs?
I use the ultra fine eyeliner for a year and the bristles are separating already so bad I had to cut the fly always because it makes my line ugly. I found that the brush that comes with the maybelline gel liner is much better. I also use a similar to Mac angled brush from Chanel.
Aug 3, 2012, 11:08pm   #493
Mediana's Avatar
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by 8ubble6umpink
I use the ultra fine eyeliner for a year and the bristles are separating already so bad I had to cut the fly always because it makes my line ugly. I found that the brush that comes with the maybelline gel liner is much better. I also use a similar to Mac angled brush from Chanel.
Thank you. I was actually thinking of picking up one or two of Maybellines when I get to US next time. We don't have it here yet. I'll take a look at Chanels brushes too.
Aug 4, 2012, 12:12pm   #494
skyqueen's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by rainrowan
set straight out of college was a 5 or 6-piece Chanel, that was $150... 30 years ago!
I had to laugh!
I have a 6 piece Chanel set...I've had for 25 years and still use every day. Still great!!!
Aug 4, 2012, 10:45pm   #495
Mediana's Avatar
~Travelista~
Another question. Which of the brushes at Target is the ones to get. Are all good by Sonia Kashuk? There seem to be so many.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up  
TOP

Thread Tools