Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

MAC makeup returns on used products?

POST A REPLY

Feb 13, 2009, 1:43pm   #1
pipsqu3ak
Zoey, quit whining!
I bought a Paint Pot as an eyeshadow base and it creased on me, so back to the store it goes. Does anyone know if MAC/Belk accepts returns on used cosmetics?
Feb 13, 2009, 2:00pm   #2
r
runner1
I had no problem with a return. I was allergic to a MAC product and brought it back with the receipt. They took it back and gave me a refund.
Feb 13, 2009, 2:37pm   #3
pipsqu3ak
Zoey, quit whining!
did you tell them that you had an allergic reaction? or did they just take it back?
Feb 13, 2009, 3:57pm   #4
claireZk
I've had MAC sa's get very snooty about returns. I've never had a problem at Nordstrom's MAC counter, though. It probably just depends on the store.
Feb 13, 2009, 6:42pm   #5
pipsqu3ak
Zoey, quit whining!
i just told her i had an allergic reaction (not true), and she seemed cool enough, though she didn't smile once during the transaction. lord, it's just a return. thanks guys.
Feb 13, 2009, 6:51pm   #6
lovemysavior
Acting My Wage
I ordered something online and was thinking about taking it to a counter in exchange for something else. Would they take it back without a receipt? I ordered one of their high pigment pots but it may be just too loose of a powder for me to deal with. I haven't used it even once but I can see it in the texture.
Feb 13, 2009, 9:25pm   #7
Alyana
Screw the bitchy MA's. MAC HQ wants people to return items that they arent completely happy with. The MA in turn is supposed to help the customer find something that works better. But OBV they didnt get that memo.
Feb 13, 2009, 9:38pm   #8
gotbighair
♥ TROUBLE ♥
MAC will take returns on used products...but you need the receipt since you can buy MAC at a MAC store, Nordstrom, Macys, Bloomies, etc. Regarding online purchases...it says on their website you can only send it back to them for a return...how unfortunate. :s

http://www.maccosmetics.com/customer...exchanges.tmpl

Hope this helps....
Feb 14, 2009, 3:56am   #9
CHmyloves
Hopelessly Addicted
I've taken it back no problem. The MA was a little surprised I took it back, I guess they don't get many returns?

It was LiquidLast Liner (way too goopey for me to deal with).
Feb 14, 2009, 4:19pm   #10
illinirdhd
Sofa King Hooked
I've never had a problem returning or exchanging things at MAC! If you don't have a receipt, they will let you exchange your product, but if you have your receipt, MAs have always been happy to give me a refund.
Feb 16, 2009, 2:34am   #11
Jahpson
why didn't I think of that?

I also brought the paint pot, and those things done nothing for my creases.

I only have to find the reciept
Feb 16, 2009, 12:27pm   #12
pipsqu3ak
Zoey, quit whining!
I'm getting UDPP in the mail sometime this week, so I'll let you know how it goes, jahpson
Feb 17, 2009, 8:23pm   #13
viba424
I often wondered if you return an order (online lets say) should you return the free samples. I dont think most places expect you to but I just want to be fair about it, especially if its a "deluxe" sample....
Feb 17, 2009, 10:43pm   #14
pipsqu3ak
Zoey, quit whining!
actually, i was going through some old receipts, and on one from victoria's secret, it says that returns, full or partial, may lead to forfeiture of gifts with purchase. they are super serious about it. other than that, though... i wouldn't feel obligated.
Feb 18, 2009, 12:02pm   #15
LissiSays
I've had to exchange something once but I never used it. They were nice to me throughout the transaction. Then again, I was buying more stuff in exchange. LOL!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >