Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

I am dreaming of the nude/peachy lips!!!

POST A REPLY

Jul 15, 2012, 7:24am   #1
Hi!

I know there are MANY great nude lipsticks out there, I use MAC ones (mainly Myth), I usually blend it with other colors or add a colored lip gloss because its too pale on me on its own.

I've been looking for a nude/peachy/orangey one to be worn on its own for a long time now, all of the ones I tried on are on the nude/pinky side.

Advice and suggestions are appreciated!

TIA!
Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 7:31am.
Jul 15, 2012, 7:40am   #2
C
I'm a big fan of NARS Belle du Jour - it is nude but with a [not 'too orange'] peachy kick.
Jul 15, 2012, 9:11am   #3
only once you live
NARS Barbarella.
MAC Freckletone.
Jul 15, 2012, 9:41am   #4
Originally Posted by Cait
NARS Barbarella.
MAC Freckletone.
Freckletone seems promising! I wish it was in the satin formula though.. My lips are pretty pigmented and I feel the lustre formula is too sheer for me, do you know of similar color in the satin formula?

Thanks alot!
Jul 15, 2012, 11:22am   #5
shallowly obsessing
I mix two-MAC Sheen Supreme Bare Again and MAC Hue. You get a peachy nude result.
Jul 16, 2012, 1:14pm   #6
only once you live
Originally Posted by xactreality

Freckletone seems promising! I wish it was in the satin formula though.. My lips are pretty pigmented and I feel the lustre formula is too sheer for me, do you know of similar color in the satin formula?

Thanks alot!
Unfortunately, I couldn't give you a MAC Satin suggestion - maybe if you did something like Tanarama (which might be too brown, but it would blank out the lips enough) then top with something like Florabundance gloss; though that would kill the Satin quality. Even something like one of the PRO Lip Erase products with a nude gloss, but even that would kill any satin...

Maybe Fleshpot? It's PRO but it's definately peach-nude and I'm 90% sure it isn't a Glaze, Lustre or Cremesheen

Have you checked out NARS Pure Mattes? I find they go on like MAC Satin's - not nearly as dry as MAC Matte or Revlon's Mattes. Bangkok & Tashkent probably wouldn't have enough peach; BUT they do release Pure Mattes with the collections. Guaranteed, they've probably had a nude peach in the PM formula.
Jul 16, 2012, 1:17pm   #7
Today I'm wearing MAC "All Revealing" lipstick under MAC's "Richer, Lusher" gloss with MAC "oak" liner. I find that it makes a nice hint-of-orange, nude-ish neutral for my skintone.

I'm fair skinned with light brown hair.
Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 1:28pm.
Jul 16, 2012, 2:39pm   #8
Ooh la la!
Dior Silhouette is exactly that! It's from their Addict Extreme lipstick line.
Jul 16, 2012, 8:35pm   #9
shallowly obsessing
This blogger is the queen of the peachy lip! http://notjessie.blogspot.com/
Jul 20, 2012, 11:59am   #10
Bare minerals has new product gloss to lipstick, it has several nude shades.
Jul 21, 2012, 1:11pm   #11
Bare minerals, pretty amazing, the color name is free will.
Jul 21, 2012, 6:50pm   #12
F
Have you seen some of the nudes in the current MAC collection "heavenly Creature"? They have Cut a Caper (repromote), Pleasure Seeker (repromote) and the new one, Cusp of Dawn.

Temptalia has great swatches:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-heavenl...hotos-swatches

I know I've seen some other great nudes lately too. I'll be back if I remember them! They could be from upcoming collections but I know I've seen some. Possibly in the upcoming MAC Marilyn Monroe one that comes out in October or something,

EDIT: Yes. It's in the upcoming Marilyn Monroe MAC collection and it's described as a "Warm nude" and is called "Pure Zen"

I have a a picture with some swatches on paper. 3rd swatch down. Sorry it's not a great photo but there's not much leaked into the public domain yet, but I believe from what I've heard, it's a gorgeous nude. I never really wear nudes other that MAC Spirit which is similar to my natural lip colour.

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 6:54pm. Reason: I remembered!
Jul 22, 2012, 6:57am   #13
Originally Posted by FaerieStars
Have you seen some of the nudes in the current MAC collection "heavenly Creature"? They have Cut a Caper (repromote), Pleasure Seeker (repromote) and the new one, Cusp of Dawn.

Temptalia has great swatches:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-heavenl...hotos-swatches

I know I've seen some other great nudes lately too. I'll be back if I remember them! They could be from upcoming collections but I know I've seen some. Possibly in the upcoming MAC Marilyn Monroe one that comes out in October or something,

EDIT: Yes. It's in the upcoming Marilyn Monroe MAC collection and it's described as a "Warm nude" and is called "Pure Zen"

I have a a picture with some swatches on paper. 3rd swatch down. Sorry it's not a great photo but there's not much leaked into the public domain yet, but I believe from what I've heard, it's a gorgeous nude. I never really wear nudes other that MAC Spirit which is similar to my natural lip colour.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...rilynmac-1.jpg
Thanks alot for all that great info!

I took a look at temptalia and as usual case, all colors look gorgeous and nice and peachy when swatched but appear more pink when applied.. sigh.. I know this has to do with the natural lip color.. I guess applying concealer before the lipstick would help bring out the real color of it, but that unfortunately dries my lips out...
Jul 22, 2012, 7:10am   #14
I just saw Peachstock on Mac website, looks promising! Any feedback? Or maybe Yash?

Edit: I just noticed that Yash is a LE..
Last edited Jul 22, 2012 at 7:17am.
Jul 22, 2012, 11:45am   #15
^ why don't you go look at it in person and see if it works for you?
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up