Home Beauty & Makeup Make-Up

Good Face Primer for Combo/Oily Skin???

POST A REPLY

Aug 19, 2011, 8:44pm   #91
Chanel & Chloe lover
Same here! It's great!

Originally Posted by bangkokbaby
I'm using Laura Mercier Oil Free face primer, I have to say that is the one that works best on me, and I have very oily skin. Hope this helps!
Jan 13, 2012, 2:25am   #92
from monsieur louie
they discontinued my favorite primer at Sephora, so I need to find a new primer. I normally have combo skin and get oily on my cheeks, nose and forehead. With my acne medication I am now dry and flakey.

I am using Dior Nude Gel Compact and GA Luminous Silk- I just got this and my dior nude is running out. I need a primer to make my face last all day, can someone suggest something? I refuse to get monostat lol, but would like other reccomendations, both drugstore and dept. store. thank you!!!!
Jan 13, 2012, 9:51am   #93
C
I have dry skin and I absolutely love the Tom Ford primer. It gives my face a nice glow and foundation goes on very nicely. I alternate between GA LS and TF foundation. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin since it's pretty rich.
Jan 13, 2012, 12:41pm   #94
only once you live
Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch or the Beauty Flash Balm
KORRES Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging Primer
Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer for drugstore
Jan 13, 2012, 3:31pm   #95
Girly Gear Head
I like Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer (it's oil-free). It doesn't dry my skin at all, and really seems to help my makeup stay on longer. I got the 2 ounce jumbo size from Sephora, and I still have a ton of it left...a little really does go a long way.

I also like Urban Decay De-Slick In A Tube for touch-ups during the day. I just take a little bit of it and pat it on over my makeup when oil starts to break through. It doesn't disturb your makeup, and instantly makes shiny areas matte again. It can be used as a primer as well, but the tube is rather small so I don't use it for primer.

I did NOT like Makeup Forever's All Mat primer...it has some kind of silica in it, and apparently it and my oily areas did not get along, and it kind of made my face feel greasy.
Jan 31, 2012, 9:08pm   #96
smash box light or Mac prep and prime with spf, its good for oily skin + stick ur makeup life a glue
Jan 31, 2012, 10:34pm   #97
Come into the parlor
I would say Smashbox is good for Oily skin! :)
Feb 1, 2012, 6:53pm   #98
Tin Dog
Originally Posted by Mina Harker
I would say Smashbox is good for Oily skin! :)
Agreed! I have oily skin and love smashbox light.
Jun 14, 2012, 5:17am   #99
Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
and
Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish with MicrospongeŽ Technology
Jun 14, 2012, 8:46am   #100
not sure if I've posted this already or not, but I love the YSL matt touch primer!
Jun 14, 2012, 11:45pm   #101
MAC Primer
Jun 16, 2012, 4:43am   #102
Bella
Originally Posted by J`adore LV
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good primer for super oily skin? My skin gets oily/shiny within 10 minutes of foundation and blot powder. I'm looking for something that would help my makeup stay on all day, and help reduce shine. I currently use MAC's studiofix powder foundation and MUFE's HD powder. As for primers, I've tried the following without much success: Smashbox Photofinish primer, Cargo HD primer and Cover FX Clearprep. The Cover FX worked when I first started using it, but know after a couple of months, it seems like it's effectiveness has worn off or maybe my skin is used to the product?

thanks!
Try BECCA's primer.
Jun 16, 2012, 5:24pm   #103
I have combination skin and like Laura Mercier. Clarins has a great one in a red jar, I especially like this one.
Jul 5, 2012, 11:40am   #104
A
My favorite is the L'oreal Studio Secret primer. I have oily skin too but it works really well to keep the shine away and it helps keep my makeup in place. It's really cheap too, probably a little more than $10 at the drugstore.
Jul 5, 2012, 11:44am   #105
B
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by j9lvslv
MAC Primer
Great!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup Make-Up